Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
We need to move him on and sort out this cap BS so we can get some mid-season signings to sort out our depth.

Otherwise this season is gone. All of our other halves options are terrible.

Thanks @BoomStickBarbie and that explains everything. Whilst it throws much light on the situation, it's extremely disappointing.

We can sure do without losing yet another player of his calibre. Just very sad...

No not Austin, he is a runner not an organiser, Sezer is the go

Yeah I'd go with Sezer too.
But I don't think we can afford him.
That's why I thought Austin might be a viable alternative.
Boy I wish Green didn't leave.

What about Metcalfe ? I know he's young but he came with huge wraps.

Yeah I'd be pissed too after over a year of patiently biding my time only to be snubbed because some blow in who likes to run endurance against DCE swooping in at the last minute.

Hastings is the most talented and experienced backup half that we have, and he's not getting a go, despite the fact that the guy wearing the 6 ahead of him is doing nothing.

So our team dont want to play with hastings. As opposed to the tripe they served up on Sunday at home without him. Glad thats sorted and gee didnt the team make a point. Its called work not friends. Ffs

How do we know the story is even true?

Not as if the Bellylaugh doesn’t have an anti-Manly agenda.

Mind you, I could understand Hastings being pissed off. He is so clearly a superior option to the incumbent 5/8.

I would say the story has legs, seems to be the general consensus here and now in the press as well.
Our seemingly gracious insiders @Snake and @smithy both landed on the fight story and the exclusion.

Hastings is judged and found wanting. Time for him (and us) to move on.

The double pump shoulder throwing king is all we have, lets get over it and thank Jacko for being so good he made 9 million dollars worth of rugby league talent feel insecure and unhappy.

I wish Manly was more like SoA than Dynasty, but it seems we are the tea towel team and soaking in it.

Can you blame Hastings for giving his teammates **** for playing like pussies? And now they are banding together like a bunch of pussies to push him out. Like that is going to help a great deal as they played worse against Balmain without him on the field than they have all season. Ffs seriously this team must enjoy losing and deserve to be booed every game where they can’t get their dick up.

We need to move him on and sort out this cap BS so we can get some mid-season signings to sort out our depth.

How much will offloading Hasting add to our nonexistent mid-season signings fund? $50?
I'm guessing we will need to pay most of his freight just to get rid of him after the latest headlines maybe even paying him out and buying his ESL airfare.:rofl:

Can you blame Hastings for giving his teammates sh1t for playing like pussies? And now they are banding together like a bunch of pussies to push him out. Like that is going to help a great deal as they played worse against Balmain without him on the field than they have all season. Ffs seriously this team must enjoy losing and deserve to be booed every game where they can’t get their dick up.

Can you blame Hastings for giving his teammates sh1t for playing like pussies? And now they are banding together like a bunch of pussies to push him out. Like that is going to help a great deal as they played worse against Balmain without him on the field than they have all season. Ffs seriously this team must enjoy losing and deserve to be booed every game where they can’t get their dick up.

We really need Hastings right now. It’s a shame he can’t promise to pull his head in and the playing group can’t stop being sooks. Success fixes most riffs. TB get it done!

If the issue with DCE was the final straw, wouldn't you rather the team united behind our club captain than taking sides or not caring at all. Who knows the full story. But as said above this has happened with Jackson before, so it's a case of its not us, it's him.

I will take any kind of united front I can get at the moment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8