Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
Picture this

Hastings goes to his locker tomorrow, gets out the iPod to listen to some tunes, fires it up to this number

'And who are you, the proud lord said that I must bow so low'

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure of the validity of this info but I’ll pass it on anyway. A good friend of mine knows a few players and other people at the Panthers, and he said we are trying to do a swap with Albert Kelly.
We need someone but isn't Albert Kelly in the UK what have the Panthers got to do with it ,or am I missing something?

double hoops

First Grader
Hard to respect a footy team / club who handles a player disagreement so badly.

Players telling the Coach they won't play. Really!!!!!!!????

Are these the same forwards who just don't show up for the coach, some game, this year?

Jacko was the only player who put in on the field against South's.

When a coach is getting ultimatums from his players. One Trent Barrent may as well as hand in his coaching card. He's been too soft, he is not in charge of anything. He's as good as done.

The club should be ashamed of how they have handled this entire incident.

This is deplorable, embarrassing.

Even worse then the coach commenting on his players performance last game.

Such a sad day for Maroon and White.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure of the validity of this info but I’ll pass it on anyway. A good friend of mine knows a few players and other people at the Panthers, and he said we are trying to do a swap with Albert Kelly.
Validity is questionable as Albert Kelly is playing for Hull. Must be another player at Penrith we're trying to do a swap with...

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
The rumour about Kelly has been around for a while so could have some legs.
Especially now as the chance has arisen because when it first surfaced we were still waiting on the nrls dodgy cap investigation result.

tookey

First Grader
I think "Daily Telegraph exclusive" means "Story fed to Dean Richie by his good mate Zorba". That doesn't mean it's true, of course, but that's the likely source.
Is that the same Zorba who wrote in last Saturdays Manly Daily that Manly were making lottoland a fortress again?

That lasted two games this year so he is back with his media mates feeding crap stories to deflect the heat off Barrett as coach

double hoops

First Grader
Trent Barrett is in trouble. Even Whacko Jacko seems to have the backing of the Hill. Supporters are blaming the coach for Jacko being unhappy. His other players don't respect him as coach and are telling him the facts of Life, who they will and won't play with.

Can you imagine players telling Bozo who they would and wouldn't play with!!!

I find it hilarious people think this issue has only popped up in the past couple of weeks.
The bloke has very clearly been on the nose since before the start of the season.
He was obviously tolerated until it all came to a head in with this alleged incident with DCE.
I also find it hilarious that people are stating like fact "Oh he told them they were playing like pussies/s*it/pathetic/whatever". The bloke has a self admitted attitude problem which stems back to two other clubs.
But yeah.....he is being punted because he "told the players how it is" and all tje other players are precious.
This bloke has been incredibly unlucky coming across three clubs in a row that were all full of precious sooks. What are the chances??? Pretty high according to some around here.

Karin

Reserve Grader
I don't know....
If the rumour was true wouldn't/shouldn't the team be trying to prove a point by carving it up on the field when Hastings isn't playing?
It sounds like more of a Barrett/Hastings personality clash- that would explain more our onfield performance.

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A few quotes from articles about Hastings ..

At the Dragons he was accused of being a big head before being signing with the Roosters just out of the juniors.

At the Roosters, where his father Kevin is a club legend, the word was he didn’t know his place and was a ‘showboater’.

At the Wyong Roos was told to pull his head in if he wants to make it

Apparently was good mates with Jack Bird at St George coming through the juniors but had a falling out

One league identity who knows him well talks of him being ‘a loner who struggles to fit in’.

Another said: ‘He just doesn’t show people respect’.

Take it how you will , my opinion is that he only has himself to blame
Too many instances around this guy to keep him at the club

Bubbler

Reserve Grader
Glad you find everything so funny when our team is going down the toilet.

I find it hilarious people think this issue has only popped up in the past couple of weeks.
The bloke has very clearly been on the nose since before the start of the season.
He was obviously tolerated until it all came to a head in with this alleged incident with DCE.
I also find it hilarious that people are stating like fact "Oh he told them they were playing like pussies/s*it/pathetic/whatever". The bloke has a self admitted attitude problem which stems back to two other clubs.
But yeah.....he is being punted because he "told the players how it is" and all tje other players are precious.
This bloke has been incredibly unlucky coming across three clubs in a row that were all full of precious sooks. What are the chances??? Pretty high according to some around here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18