'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Guess ? It is obvious which year it was . It was the year the U/20 missed the finals

This is the team that Trent inspired to 2nd last avoiding the spoon in his solo head coach in 2018. The year he fell out with bozo and did it all on his own.
He quit because he did not have the resources that he was promised but the fact is he did not make the most of the greatest resources in the competitive team that he had.
Now at the dogs he has the best of the best of resources and he had money to spend to strengthen his team that the previous coach did not have the luxury and the results are 6 games and 6 loses. The myth of Trent being a great attacking coach exploited when his team was scoreless in 3 games .
The moral of the story
Trent is a very popular guy with players and the media and he had a great ride to getting a Head coach job but his ride is running out of gas because as usual he is running out of excuses and running out of results on the field where it matters

A blast from Trents past ...This team came 2nd last
Tom
Wright
kelly
Suli
Parker
Walker
DCE
AFB
Fainu
Kappow
Thompson
Lane
Jake
Res
Paseka
Sipley
Winterstien
Hodginson
That is a pretty crap team tbh. The backline and bench look awful.

Certainly came across that way - Trent's coaching methodology revolves around his popularity with the players.
That's why he's a terrible head coach. Having an assistant who's friendly with the players would have a lot of advantages. The head coach needs to be respected, and needs to have an authority that the players respond to. That game where we thumped Parra 54-0 and Barrett took the whole squad out for beers was the death of his chances of being an effective coach here.

That is a pretty crap team tbh. The backline and bench look awful.
Perspective time ...

Any team with the spine of Tom Fainu and DCE is not crappy

We also had the Best meter eater in AFB

The Bench . Paseka and Sipley are not crappy

The backs Walker and Tom are not crappy

And we all know what impact Tom has on a team

But under Baz . the Manly Team with Tom came second last . That is what impact Baz had on our team

Perspective time ...

And we all know what impact Tom does to a team

But under Baz . the Manly Team with Tom came second last . That is what impact Baz had on our team
The spine is fine, although Walker was an ordinary 5/8. Paseka and Sipley were only just starting to show promise then. Tom is the only good player in the back 5.

The spine is fine, although Walker was an ordinary 5/8. Paseka and Sipley were only just starting to show promise then. Tom is the only good player in the back 5.
Perspective time

Walker was not a Croker at 5/8
Paseka and Sipley were very promising and not ordinary as what you posed
As I said before Tom does make a difference to our other back line players as we saw last week
But under Baz the affect of Toms presence was our team finishing second last

Perspective time

Walker was not a Croker at 5/8
Paseka and Sipley were very promising and not ordinary as what you posed
As I said before Tom does make a difference to our other back line players as we saw last week
But under Baz the affect of Toms presence was our team finishing second last
One thing we can both agree on is that the team should have played much better than they did. But If I had to choose between the team we had then and the team that took the field for us last week it's a no brainer.

One thing we can both agree on is that the team should have played much better than they did. But If I had to choose between the team we had then and the team that took the field for us last week it's a no brainer.
Fainu and AFB that are missing are both high impact players
These two players alone would make a huge difference to our team but under Baz our team came second last

Last edited:

Agree, Walker was ordinary when TB was coach.

Walker was very good and one of our best when Des was coaching in 2019 - considering Walker did not play until round 10 - he was one of best players. injured all last year.

Perspective time ...

And we all know what impact Tom has on a team

I agree with those players you have nominated Bozo. We did have some talent there. We also had some turkeys. But they should have performed far better than they did.

I agree with those players you have nominated Bozo. We did have some talent there. We also had some turkeys. But they should have performed far better than they did.
We had a Killer spine though

Tom DCE Fainu

Well, it only took the disjointed Sharks having a man binned and bombing seven tries, but the attack coach has his first win of the year. A six point victory - they better enjoy it - I don't think there will be many of them to celebrate this year.

Well, it only took the disjointed Sharks having a man binned and bombing seven tries, but the attack coach has his first win of the year. A six point victory - they better enjoy it - I don't think there will be many of them to celebrate this year.
Those players should be proud of that effort... I know you didn't want a win for TB KW but the doggies players tackled their asses off and congrats to them

Those players should be proud of that effort... I know you didn't want a win for TB KW but the doggies players tackled their asses off and congrats to them
Their defence was good on their line tonight. But I will never congratulate the Dogs mate. They are right up there with my most despised clubs.

Cronulla could have scored six or seven as well. Even the mid table sides would have converted most of those chances.

Their defence was good on their line tonight. But I will never congratulate the Dogs mate. They are right up there with my most despised clubs.

Cronulla could have scored six or seven as well. Even the mid table sides would have converted most of those chances.
Fair enough... im like that with tigpies...

Cronulla made plenty of errors but the dogs defense was excellent... they scrambled really well and forced sharks into a lot of errors...

I dont see dogs winning many games this year but they can be proud of their effort today...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8