Barrett speaks out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Zorba has unloaded on Barrett this morning, I’ll post the link to listen when it’s up:

"Manly have made four grand finals in ten years out of their training headquarters... after three seasons in charge of one of the most successful sides in the modern era Barrett has a 40 % success rate" Peter Peters with strong words about the current @SeaEagles coach.

The Hawks are blessed with the best coach in the competition and one of the best of all time. Clarkson is a man who developed a new strategy of how to play the game, recruited the types of players he needed to make that strategy work, got the players to buy into it, and created ongoing success. As the original group has grown old he’s recruited and trained up a new cohort of players and kept the whole process rolling. A commentator observed during a game a couple of weeks ago that of the last 20 games in which the Hawks have played and that have been decided by less than a goal, the Hawks have won 18. Clarkson and Barrett - hard to believe their the same species.

If Clarkson was an NRL coach, do you think he would coach at Manly in its current state?

You can see why the players like him, can't imagine he would be the type to tell the players where to go when the going gets tough.

We have problems no doubt, but having to put a few weights away one night is hardly a reason for the below par performances this season.

He might be a good assistant coach that can be a mate to the players but for that reason he is an ordinary Head Coach.

Good that he is being moved on. 12 months notice in July, doesn't show him in a good light either.

Zorba has unloaded on Barrett this morning, I’ll post the link to listen when it’s up:

"Manly have made four grand finals in ten years out of their training headquarters... after three seasons in charge of one of the most successful sides in the modern era Barrett has a 40 % success rate" Peter Peters with strong words about the current @SeaEagles coach.

Yeah but that fat turds attitude is part of the issue.

Regardless of Barrett, when you have this dropkick involved in the club and in the ear of the Penn's, if the attitude is "but we did this in the past and it worked" then nothing ever changes.

The club needs to evolve. Under these incompetent clowns, we are devolving.

I hope the new coach gets a better run and there are systems put in place to sort this sh*tstorm. We all want a successful club and a club to be proud of......well all bar some at the top it seems.

What a joke....
This part about cleaning the gym....it’s not a restaurant ffs.....the boys are there to train, sweat and rip in.
The part about the furniture??
As a fly on the wall can picture it more -
“It’s alright, I’ll bring my desk in from home.”
If these are legitimate complaints, no wonder the teams mental state has been weak in 2018.
These are things a teacher at primary school would complain about...maybe.

Do you think that Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennett or Trent Robinson would operate under those standards though ? That's the key here, not if they are legitimate complaints or how trivial they are, it's the fact we lag behind in simple areas that is the issue

What else is he whinging about - plastic chairs in the office and cleaning the gym. God spare me. A great coach like a Vince Lombardi would jump at the chance to clean the teams gym - it's things like that that build team culture and comradery. He is soft as.

I read an article about the All blacks culture of hard work and being humble, at the end of each training session Richie McCaw would start picking up rubbish in the dressing room and gym.
As captain every single player followed him, that attitude contines today long after his retirement.

I read an article about the All blacks culture of hard work and being humble, at the end of each training session Richie McCaw would start picking up rubbish in the dressing room and gym.
As captain every single player followed him, that attitude contines today long after his retirement.

They do that at half time playing the Wallabies as well. Takes them 35 mins but they are still in the lead when they run back out.

This is exactly the point. Bozo left saying job done, rebuild complete, but in fact he has left us at our lowest ebb, the owners have squeezed the purse strings so tight that the rookie coach (wrong decision) was on a hidding to nothing.
We could not be further behind all other clubs.
Buggar Bozo , he was seen in Elizebeth st buying a new suit and Barrett cant get a new suite . So thats we're all our cash went .

Not defending Barrett, but everything in his list is fixable for a very small amount of money.

This has obviously affected his mentality which has fed down to the players. If he was stronger mentally he would have not leant on these excuses.. Ultimately he's not just not a head coach.

The one good thing he has done here is call out the club on these failings, however small they are. You can be sure that the club will get a cleaner for the gym and some lockers for the boys now

Wonder if Trent will take is office desk and patio furniture when he goes? Lol

Ok ive seen it all.

We cant win football games becuase he had to bring his own outdoor chairs.

This man will be Penrith head coach next season. That will really set the record straight.

What’s this professional comp you speak of? Amateur code, which is part of the appeal.
Agree totally

This idea that most NRL clubs are smooth well oiled machines with highly competent people in key positions all working together in the pursuit of excellence is absolute total rubbish. Ponici and his crew at Melbourne lead the pack but most are filled with well meaning ordinarily skilled old school league types with professional titles on their badges.

Just take a look at the flagship, the NRL itself. Hundreds of jobs with big pay packets doing nothing. Remember Shane Richardson! 2 billion TV deal and they are broke.

The AFL is a professional organisation across the board with the odd exception and its so obvious.

Having a cast of thousands with lovely job titles doesn’t make a professional organization.

Canterbury , Parramatta , Penrith , Brisbane have all these Human Resources and grand facilities.With the Roosters and Melbourne they are the leaders in terms of financial resources.

3 of those 4 are in absolute turmoil at the moment. Even Brisbane has some serious issues at the top at the moment.The coach and CEO are hardly speaking .

None of those four have a premiership in the last 10 years.Meanwhile we have won 2 comps and lost 2 grand finals while they foot a massive wage bill for all these professional geniuses.

It’s a myth folks. Oh yes, we are unprofessional but don’t kid yourself that virtually all the rest of them aren’t.

Last edited:
If someone can tell me how any of the above effects his ability to build the basics of a football side with the players he has NOW. That is - a defensive structure , methods to create attacking options in the red zone, use of the bench and building resilient character in his troops.After three f..ing years we have no identifiable consistent defensive approach or an attacking plan other than individual brilliance.And play with 15 players most weeks.Its laughable.

Our wingers don’t score tries ffs.A journeyman second rower is right st the top of our try’s scorers list !!That says it all. What does he do with these guys once the witches hats are put in place. That is where a footy team is built. Not in a shiny building.Fans will cop losses if they see improvement and a plan; and players playing with ticker and pride. Our capitulations reflect the character of our coach.

The other stuff he mentioned might be a bit of cream on top but is he seriously suggesting that is why our talented list may run LAST!!! At the margin it may have an effect but LAST. Teams without talent don’t beat Melbourne, Brisbane , Sharks and Penrith away from home.I don’t know but I’m pretty sure very few sides could boast that .And yet we face the spoon !!

The.comments from tough no nonsense footballers like Luke Lewis and Josh Reynolds about this facilities and personnel garbage illustrate what a joke it is. Players play footy. Their attitude is almost always a reflection of their coach , not the cleanliness of the f...ing gym.

How the hell does a recruitment manager for the future effect current performance when the side he has elected to build is based on talented youth, probably too much..We need to recruit young or unknown players like we need a hole in our head. We need hardened NRL players that run around every week in front of our coaches eyes , not more kids.A high quality recruitment spotter/ manager at an ageing roster like the cowgirls would definitely make a quick difference but at a club already loaded with talented youth and lacking experience it is just an excuse.

Sure, get a replacement guy to do the job going forward but if he is going to blame CURRENT results and our total lack of on field structure and passion on that he is taking the piss.And if he needs someone else to spot those hardened experienced players we need that run around on tv every week in the NRL, as opposed to young kids hidden from view , then god help his coaching career.

Next week can’t come quick enough .
Maybe we should put a big chair in between our 2nd rower and centre in the defensive structure.

I was thinking about the facilities Barrett is complaining about. These are the same facility that Mal Maninga and the Kangaroos trained in 2017. Penn said recently they had spent $500k on a new gym. Here are some links if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyAcademyofSport/

https://sportandrecreation.nsw.gov.au/facilities/sydneyacademy

sydneyaos.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8