Barrett speaks out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
They had to get changed in their cars?
Oh please!
What grown assed football players were ever too embarrassed to take their gear off in front of others anywhere?
Seriously!!!!

Just look at the amount of times they get shown in photo's and on live television wearing nothing but their reg grundies after each game.

This is really getting pathetic. Payout or no payout, the club needs to fire Barrett's arse ASAP.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Whether you think his list of gripes is soft or trivial or whatever, it is a clear illustration of how far behind the professional game we are, and if that doesn't get fixed up by the owners, we will never rise up to the levels we are accustomed to again

The "it used to work in the past" stuff doesn't cut it for me, in a professional comp we need to be doing everything we can to start on a level playing field

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The thing is Trent was never going to work..He is and always will be a dragons man at heart.
So sad to see this being played out like it is in the media. I bet you anything some of the requests TB asked for 2V’s would have put in the same requests from management but when he didn’t get them he just went on and did his job not make excuses at all.

The other thing which never will happen but through all the coaching turmoil and sackings over the last few years ..starting from 2V’s sacking Penn and co have never really been held accountable and are still here. If we truly want to rebuild and I will keep saying it they must go or we will just keep the same standard we are.

I use to be proud of this club I support and love and will do until on my death bed but this year I feel totally lost and cheated by the club.

Last edited:

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Look, I know I am just a num nut with a sore bottom, but this little article pretty much confirms everything I thought about this fraud Barrett.

Fk off now, and never return, you spineless sook.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And, did Barrett get a tour of the facilities before he signed up ?
Maybe Penn did a deal with Fantastic Furniture to furnish the joint, only to remove it all again after Baz signed on.
The bloke re-fkn-signed knowing the state of the facilities ( good or bad), he knew exactly what he was signing up for.

Fkn excuse laden sook of a man.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Baz needs to itemize the defensive and attacking structures that he brought to Manly, rather than an inventory of his furniture stock :wait:

The NRL grant to Clubs is going up to 13 million next year.

Plenty of monies to get down to Ikea and teach our players life skills in putting them together :D

The article does not raise the bleeding obvious 'why did you extend in May just to quit 6 weeks later?' :wondering:

Last edited:

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Whether you think his list of gripes is soft or trivial or whatever, it is a clear illustration of how far behind the professional game we are, and if that doesn't get fixed up by the owners, we will never rise up to the levels we are accustomed to again

The "it used to work in the past" stuff doesn't cut it for me, in a professional comp we need to be doing everything we can to start on a level playing field

This is exactly the point. Bozo left saying job done, rebuild complete, but in fact he has left us at our lowest ebb, the owners have squeezed the purse strings so tight that the rookie coach (wrong decision) was on a hidding to nothing.
We could not be further behind all other clubs.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
I’ve always been an apologist for manly. But I can’t cop it anymore. The club has failed Barrett and his will to bring us into an era of not just professionalism, but equilibrium with the other clubs. Good luck finding a top line replacement Mr Penn. Our mission these days is to save pennies, not win premierships. Penn employed a coach 3 years ago and his job was to back him in and give him everything he wanted. Only then can we judge him on performance. We should be embarrassed.
100% with you redeagle... regardless of whether TB is a 'good coach' or not (and I havent seen any attacking flair, solid defensive structures, obvious fitness efforts at the end of games or team selections to support that statement) the points he raises are a REAL concern... our on-field efforts have seen us JUST avoid the spoon which sux but lack of support personal and poor funding processes for simple things like chairs has the potential to destroy our recruitment ability and worse still aids other teams that WILL come knocking for the Turbos and others... Love of the badge will not be enough if players dont feel loved and appreciated by the club... simply replacing the coach is not gonna fix this...

Bencher
Breaking News:

Trent Barrett woes go from bad to worse at his first interview...

ikea.jpg

Cioran

Bencher
Not wanting to spoil the Barrett Bash, as it's well-deserved and entertaining... but, I do wish this club was as professionally run off the field as the Hawthorn footy club in the AFL. They just breed success from top down.
The Hawks are blessed with the best coach in the competition and one of the best of all time. Clarkson is a man who developed a new strategy of how to play the game, recruited the types of players he needed to make that strategy work, got the players to buy into it, and created ongoing success. As the original group has grown old he’s recruited and trained up a new cohort of players and kept the whole process rolling. A commentator observed during a game a couple of weeks ago that of the last 20 games in which the Hawks have played and that have been decided by less than a goal, the Hawks have won 18. Clarkson and Barrett - hard to believe their the same species.

Volley

Bencher

What’s this professional comp you speak of? Amateur code, which is part of the appeal.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What a joke....
This part about cleaning the gym....it’s not a restaurant ffs.....the boys are there to train, sweat and rip in.
The part about the furniture??
As a fly on the wall can picture it more -
“It’s alright, I’ll bring my desk in from home.”
If these are legitimate complaints, no wonder the teams mental state has been weak in 2018.
These are things a teacher at primary school would complain about...maybe.

yokahontas

Bencher
Come to think of it, the ‘getting changed in the car’ gripe is even more ludicrous when you consider Exhibit A: Zoolander himself being no stranger to stripping down to his undies and doing push-ups on the bar of a dodgy pub in Warrawong...

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
He's entitled whinging makes him sound more like a millennial than Gen Y.

What a Moop.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16