Barrett exit could spark Brookie exodus

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh...we used to dream of owning a piece of paper like the toffs up town.

We had to make do with a single tissue after dad traded the old hanky for a snail. We feasted that night before turning in. 9 of us...middle of winter...pouring rain...there we were, all huddled together under the one tissue, shivering ourselves into the best sweat we could manage for warmth.

(Is anyone else reading these with a yorkshire accent) lol
Very similar to my childhood, except our tissue was made from wet asbestos dust.

Send this place into meltdown. But if he handed in his 12 month notice in July then he has resigned and looking to leave next July? Can't keep him on as that would effectively rule out the entire 2019 season with a coach that couldn't care less.
My guess is that he gave the club 12 months notice knowing fully well that him leaving next July would be totally unacceptable to the club, thus initiating an early payout.
The club should call his bluff and accept his resignation for July next year and then put in a caretaker coach for the remainder of that year, let's see what he does then?.

Very similar to my childhood, except our tissue was made from wet asbestos dust.

WET asbestos dust! We weren't allowed to get our asbestos dust wet. Twas like gold to us it was.

That was our only sunscreen, and the only thing that saved my brother Charlie when he would occasionally fail at spontaneously combusting.

My guess is that he gave the club 12 months notice knowing fully well that him leaving next July would be totally unacceptable to the club, thus initiating an early payout.
The club should call his bluff and accept his resignation for July next year and then put in a caretaker coach for the remainder of that year, let's see what he does then?.

Just goes to show how TB has chosen to handle the situation, very unprofessionally. Not saying our club have been angels but there are ways of going about things. What you said though is probably that payout sticking point that is delaying the obvious

Barrett played the bluff card again by putting gin his resignation in July. he did it last year when it was asserted that his agent was talking to the titans and dogs and Penn fell for it and signed him for years. This time the Penns aren't falling for it and I reckon they have had enough of Barrett. We have enough bad press without Barrett's contribution.

Showing your age there Moondog. Yep I remember the sheets of newspaper set aside for the great wipe. Then there were the toilet containers that the dunny man used to replace weekly, lock a lit on top, replaced it with a new can and on his shoulder lugged the full can to his truck where he had hundreds of other full containers, which he then took to some site I never chose to seek out. Great job. Also recall one toilet that was just a deep hole in the ground. I used to image (fear really) that one day I'd fall through the seat and end up drowning in my own excrement. And the flies. No wonder the outhouse was always some distance from the house, usually near the garden so the plants could mask the smell. Ah the memories.

huh! .... plants to mask the smell ... well didn't you have it good? nancy boy .... typical silvertail!

The more this all drags out, i wouldn't be surprised if Barrett stays put . Demands met.
The more this drags out the more Trent is tarnished .
This does not make his character or career look good .

Last edited:
Showing your age there Moondog. Yep I remember the sheets of newspaper set aside for the great wipe. Then there were the toilet containers that the dunny man used to replace weekly, lock a lit on top, replaced it with a new can and on his shoulder lugged the full can to his truck where he had hundreds of other full containers, which he then took to some site I never chose to seek out. Great job. Also recall one toilet that was just a deep hole in the ground. I used to image (fear really) that one day I'd fall through the seat and end up drowning in my own excrement. And the flies. No wonder the outhouse was always some distance from the house, usually near the garden so the plants could mask the smell. Ah the memories.

Believe it or not...the old can on the shoulder was still in full use in Wowan in 1986! Some of the houses still didn't have septic tanks. My old man worked on the council and it was their job to collect and replace them in the dark early hours. They were the true definition of turd burglars!

We also had the outhouses with the long drop on the cattle stations. There was one so old on a property called New Block out west that erosion had eaten the hole out so far that the old outhouse had begun to fall over to the right. A bit like what's happening with the NRL these days. LOL!

The biggest threat with the old outhouses was the redback spider. They loved the dark, cool hidey hole. Kangarooing it was the best idea!

Ah...the memories indeed!!

2016 Rebuild - 14 flicked

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Manly_Warringah_Sea_Eagles_season#Signings/transfers

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Ins: Dylan Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Nate Myles (Gold Coast Titans), Martin Taupau (Wests Tigers), Lewis Brown (Penrith Panthers), Apisai Koroisau (Penrith Panthers), Darcy Lussick (Parramatta Eels), Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers), Matt Parcell (Brisbane Broncos), Nathan Green (St George Illawarra Dragons), John Walker (rugby union), Tom Wright (schoolboy rugby union), Fabian Goodall (Parramatta Eels)

Outs: Kieran Foran (Parramatta Eels), Matt Ballin (Wests Tigers), James Hasson (Parramatta Eels), Justin Horo (Catalan Dragons), Jack Littlejohn (Wests Tigers), Ligi Sao (New Zealand Warriors), Michael Chee-Kam (Wests Tigers), Willie Mason (released), Dunamis Lui (St George Illawarra Dragons), Cheyse Blair (Melbourne Storm), Jesse Sene Lefao (Cronulla Sharks), Will Pearsall (Newcastle Knights), Clinton Gutherson (Parramatta Eels), Peta Hiku (Penrith Panthers)

2016 coach: Trent Barrett

-----
2017 Rebuild - 12 flicked

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Manly-Warringah_Sea_Eagles_season#Signings/transfers

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/4bdee35958c67e2cea5f98e0fb6b61c5

14 Players were flicked in 2016 after Baz's first year

Last edited:
I knew a bloke who worked on the **** truck. He used to drink at the Narrabeen Antler, he'd sit down one end of the bar and everybody else would sit down the other end
Quite a few manly players were sh!t carters back in the day, my job was to hold the side gate open when I was a kid.
Many were also garbage runners also, how times have changed.
I worked as a runner on a garbage truck, it was a great job if you were a surfer. You could surf during the day, work at night and grab a half hour snooze on the way to the tip.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8