Banaghan at it again?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And the problem with Banaghan seeking more money in the UK is? That is his job. I accept the fact the contract was on the table and its signing was delayed by Banagahan.

What remains unclear to the supporters is exactly what was meant by management when they said to MM, prove your worth, prove your worth a contract or whatever was said.

Like some of your comments it would seem to me that they were intended to be deliberatley misleading whilst they played for time. I would have had no problem if the contract was simply withdrawn at the time of Banagans UK trip and none of the above comments were made by management.

doesnt management have the right to sign and not sign who they like.management were acting in our best interest to get what they think to be the best they can.ffs monas was with the club for 18 months,who cares about loyalty over that period,remember we gave him a lifeline in the first place,canberra didnt want him.

We need the ability to construct a timeline.

1. Monas offered contract.
2. Monas says not yet, I'm finding my worth in UK.
3. Club withdraw contract.
4. Banaghan returns and says "we want $X".
5. Club say we think he's worth $Y but we'll give him 2 weeks to prove he's worth $X.
6. Monas has shocker against Penrif, Witt inspires comeback.
7. Monas has reasonable game against Roosters but "that chip kick" late in the game confirms club opinion he is worth $Y and not $x.
8. Club informs Monas next day that they cannot offer contract for $X. He is free to try and achieve it elsewhere.

There is a thread on MSE that reckons Monas has signed with the Roosters and Jamie Lyon is coming to Mnaly after Delmege pays off the Eels.

Sounds like pie in the sky stuff to me.

But who knows who it is about and if there is any sembelance of truth in it - time will tell.

What on earth would the Rorters want with Monaghan? A front rower?

Wing
Anasta
Finch
Soward

hmmmmm.........................

There is no argument. That timeline is a presciently logical and rational statement of events that shows where the "loyalty" or lack of it lies.

Pete, they said it because they didnt want to sign him but there were "pressures" from someone to sign him, so they were trying to make it look like they were giving him a chance

Seems to me as though they were happy to sign him for the right price.

What he was asking was not the right price.

I should add following to timeline:

9. "Max rides to the rescue on his trusty steed".

Byso, I think the big question is should our club be loyal at the expense of being succesful.

You name players like Solo, Mcguiness ect ect. Solo dumped his team so he could begin a career in boxing. He failed and returned to league. Now that Manly have moved him on we are crying out that Manly has no loyalty?

You are one who believes the decision to move Randal on is a positive step forwards for the club but I argue that its more disloyal to ask a name like Randal to leave the club than it is to ask recent Canberra hooker/bench warmer come manly halfback and in some twisted sence 'saviour' to take a walk off the plank, but, removing such players for the success of our club is very important. To some it is sad but also its something that must be done.

We have our prioritys all wrong here. As fans, we want a premiership. As a club, they want a premiership, deep down after a players $240 000 a season, they want a premiership. We may not like the way a club goes about winning one but one things for sure and thats that the minute our captain raises that trophy, for the first time in over a decade, we wont care how many heads were rolled to get there, all we will care about is that we will have finally won it back.

Teams like the Roosters, Bulldogs. Lets not think they dont adopt the same philosophy as Manly, the big difference is, their recent history is surrounded by premierships and consecutive grand finals, and like I said earlier, thats all that matters isn't it.

oh its all getting too much! :doh: :doh:

i must admit when i first read that article it seemed like it had Banaghans grubby finger prints all over it, its a shame as i believe he has caused a lot of this angst against monaghs and has in fact put a lot of tyhe pressure on him.

as for Wheels post re Max paying out Fitzy and Wimma becoming an Eagle! well we can only pray....

on your knees everyone, our father................... !pray: !pray: !pray:

monas has released yet another statement saying he is going nowhere.

It doesnt mean branaghan wasnt sprouting crap but also it could have been other managers for other halves - witt springs to mind at the moment

more time and energy being wasted over an ordinary player.i couldnt care less if he goes or stays.orford will be half and monaghan being there or not is irrelevant to our chances.as for ricky stuart wanting monaghan .......there is a big difference between banaghan trying to sell him and the roosters buying him.he is being flogged to all and sundry and everyone knows it.

we are ****ing kidding ourselves even talking about stuart wanting monaghan.

We need the ability to construct a timeline.

1. Monas offered contract.
2. Monas says not yet, I'm finding my worth in UK.
3. Club withdraw contract.
4. Banaghan returns and says \"we want $X\".
5. Club say we think he's worth $Y but we'll give him 2 weeks to prove he's worth $X.
6. Monas has shocker against Penrif, Witt inspires comeback.
7. Monas has reasonable game against Roosters but \"that chip kick\" late in the game confirms club opinion he is worth $Y and not $x.
8. Club informs Monas next day that they cannot offer contract for $X. He is free to try and achieve it elsewhere.

Monas signed for $240K per year from what I understand. Is that the $Y figure you quote above, because if it is I'd hate to think what his $X figure was.

I'm guessing his current contract is somewhere between $X and $Y after the big stick was wielded on his behalf. Also what do you think the original offer (Point 1 above) was in relation to their subsequent $Y offer ?

You guys are talking about a system that is utilised by EVERY club to achieve a premiership, but every club also has to have it as a two way street, and this is due to the cap.

Examples:-

Priddis left The Broncos
Anasta left The Bulldogs
Price left The Bulldogs
Harrison left The Rabbits
Wiki left The Raiders
Ennis left The Knights
Bailey is leaving St George
Lyon, Tonga etc left Parramatta

The reason, it's simple, but is a two pronged sword.

01. The PLAYERS believe their careers will PROGRESS if he moves to another club, whether it be fortune, fame or success;

02. The CLUBS believe their success will PROGRESS if the players move to another club, whether it be for fortune, fame or success.

That is why there is a double edged sword. Monnas was obviously scoutting out his best opportunties in his 12-15 year maximum career. And fair enough.

Our club obviously recognises that Monnas is valuable, hence the initial offer of a contract, but retracted it when they thought of another contingency that may have proven fruitful.

If you ask me, Monas would make a great Hooker, or 5/8 if we HAVE to have him there. He is the captain, and this won't be taken from him. He's here for three years, and he plays, and loves to play for manly. I'm just going to support him.

He deserves that at least.

All this speculation & innuendo is unhealthy for our chances. Monnas has had is tether rightfully torn by all this rubbish. Weidler obviously has poor sources, and I ignore anything he has to say.

Point in case:-

Players unhappy with Tezza @ club;
Monnas to Souths;
Monnas to Roosters;
Monnas to Melbourne;
etc etc...

He clutches at straws to try and get a decent story, and that's fair enough too, but there needs to be some element of accountability in the press....BUT...there is none.

With Monnas & Orford, we will have much more diversity in attack than present.

None of you could argue that.

If guess you could call having the sublime and the ridiculous in the same team as "diversity".

It will certainly be a novel approach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4