Baldy Saunders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep Angus Creighton only first grade forward for roosters. The step up in power and speed in the middle from first to reserves is incredible. That’s why I’m wary of saying Perrett was good as he has a history of being good on a flat track. And the same goes for some of the new guys last night.Perrett is a real Smokey for us. There is something about him if Des can find the key.

Hard to read a lot into it but guys who put their body on the line and give everything like Saunders , DeLuis and Waddell did last night is a great starting point. These guys mightnt make it but look like they will die trying, unlike a few who have rolled on and off our bench the last three years.Think we might be a little better served in that 14 to 17 jumpers than we have been over next few years if a few of these guys develop.

I didn't get to see the trial but reading some of our ST reports it seems we suddenly have plenty of players of promise.
Interesting that different posters were impressed by different players but what the hey! I am at last getting over the dismal player atrocity/NRL incompetence sagas and actually looking forward to some footy again, our first match should be a cracker vs the Tigers!

I didn't get to see the trial but reading some of our ST reports it seems we suddenly have plenty of players of promise.
Interesting that different posters were impressed by different players but what the hey! I am at last getting over the dismal player atrocity/NRL incompetence sagas and actually looking forward to some footy again, our first match should be a cracker vs the Tigers!
Whether any of those players ever get a sniff of NRL footy remains to be seen, but it's always encouraging to see blokes in maroon and white playing like they mean it. And it's always good to get a win against the Roosters, no matter who they put on the field.

Let’s not forget they weren’t playing against the Roosters top side, and we all know Reggie’s to FG is a big step!!
You do make a good point there @Mark from Brisbane . He was playing against the roosters 2nds but he also made them all look like 2nds as he was too good for them .
What I like mostly about him is that he plays with heart , passion and with plenty of aggression . He must do the hard yards at training as he is a non stop toiler .
He is a tenacious and spirited player and Spirited players like him captivate supporters and inspire their team mates .
Interesting to see how the year unfolds for him.

I wonder why Baldy is playing with us. He made his FG debut last season with the Dogs, so I presume he isn't in their plans for this season.
Is he in the Blacktown squad? I can't imagine a 24-year-old First Grader being happy to play Reserve Grade. Did he think one trial match was enough to catch the eye of DESpicable?
Is he training with our top squad?
Will he be added to our top 30?
Can someone with knowledge about Baldy elaborate on his hopes for 2019?

I wonder why Baldy is playing with us. He made his FG debut last season with the Dogs, so I presume he isn't in their plans for this season.
Is he in the Blacktown squad? I can't imagine a 24-year-old First Grader being happy to play Reserve Grade. Did he think one trial match was enough to catch the eye of DESpicable?

It was a trial ... do you have to be registered with a club to trial ?

That may have been his one and only audition for a spot ... if so it sounds like Baldy made the best of it ....

• 🤝
Reactions: R3

Played 1 game of first grade with the dogs under Des against the knights in 2017. I think he went to Wentworthville last year after not getting another contract.
I heard Des sounded him out to come over this year.

Yep Angus Creighton only first grade forward for roosters. The step up in power and speed in the middle from first to reserves is incredible. That’s why I’m wary of saying Perrett was good as he has a history of being good on a flat track. And the same goes for some of the new guys last night.Perrett is a real Smokey for us. There is something about him if Des can find the key.

Hard to read a lot into it but guys who put their body on the line and give everything like Saunders , DeLuis and Waddell did last night is a great starting point. These guys mightnt make it but look like they will die trying, unlike a few who have rolled on and off our bench the last three years.Think we might be a little better served in that 14 to 17 jumpers than we have been over next few years if a few of these guys develop.

Sounds like he might be well suited to take Tanginoa's role off the bench until he returns from injury

I think that is Docker-Clay
Actually, Dockar-Clay is a kiwi... you make a good point though, i thought he was very good also.

He was a junior Kiwi rep, then played U20s for Penriff. Went to the Uk for a year, played 19 games with Hull KR, then signed with Townsville last year after coming home early from the UK.

I thought he looked really sharp with the ball on Saturday night. Seems he can play halfback and hooker.

Anyone have news on where Baldy will be playing this season?
I would love to see him in our top 30 squad.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6