Baldy Saunders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

The Who

Journey Man
His impressive performance had me searching his background, and he is going to be a crowd favourite at Brookie.
Who wouldn't love a bloke who played for the Quirindi Grasshoppers?
Recruited by the 'Riff and won two premierships in the NYC. He was captain of the NYC team.
He's 24 and also a Junior Kangaroo. So he's a hopper, a jumper and now a soarer. . .
He's 186cm tall and 105kg.Played for the Dogs last year and played one First Grade match.
Give him a crack in the 17 DESpicable.

His impressive performance had me searching his background, and he is going to be a crowd favourite at Brookie.
Who wouldn't love a bloke who played for the Quirindi Grasshoppers?
Recruited by the 'Riff and won two premierships in the NYC. He was captain of the NYC team.
He's 24 and also a Junior Kangaroo. So he's a hopper, a jumper and now a soarer. . .
He's 186cm tall and 105kg.
Give him a crack in the 17 DESpicable.
He is not big but he sure has a big heart and he is tough

I know people say Saunders is too small at NRL level. Need not be so, a small prop can be an advantage if used correctly.

Id sure prefer the effort and energy of Saunders influencing the rest of the team over a big body like Vave which at times looked to suffer lethargy.

Baldy is a breath of fresh air to our Prop stocks.

I saw him play in the nsw cup GF a couple of years ago for the dogs and I loved the way he carted it up.
The new Doug Lucas...

I wondered who it was??
Never seen him...
But like a pinball they scattered both ways when he hit it up!
Maybe s bench option, not scared of going hard.

He is 5cm talker than Joe Galuvao and a kg heavier. He is 2 cm taller than Sam Moa and the same weight. Every now and then a body comes along like that with a low centre of gravity and they make an impression. He is much heavier than Cam Murray who has been doing some excellent things for the Bunnies and has the fastest play-the-ball in the game. Point is, it ain't about size, it's what you can do with it. Hopefully Saunders can chart his own course.

Would not say he is too small. belted a few last night and showed a big motor. Always moving up in defence then sprinting back on side. Was that player always putting pressure on their kicker, making sure the ball was wrapped up in defence and was not lazy on the inside. Had a good crack. When he ran it up, kept his legs pumping and was always playing with energy.

Didn't see the game ... but 2 things ...

1) Deserves a spot on the nickname alone ...
2) Apparently he wasn't playing against any starting 17 forwards last night ... woud he be good enough against FG'ers

Had been jimmy for the bulldogs in the past and was a big fan. Very, very impressive last night. Had no idea we’d signed him although a great signing

The big bald mongrel was all go....
If you had 13 of him every game your a chance on heart alone
The Rocky Balboa of footy - Im a fan !!

I thought number 10 Deluis was just as impressive. Would love to see his stats. More hit ups and tackles than any other player out there. Good to see.

Now you’re talking.

Cold Saturday evenings circa 1976. John O’Reilly and Reg Gasnier commentating on the ABC’s 6pm broadcast. One Doug Lucas taking it up for Wests at Lidcombe.

Our youth. Where did it go?
Probably the same place as my hair Tezza...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8