Backs pose big threat - TRex

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Backs pose big threat

SUNDAY’S Four Nations final against England is right up there with the biggest games of my career.

A lot of people were surprised when New Zealand lost last weekend, but I had a feeling we would be seeing England again after our battle at Wembley Stadium.

James Graham, Adrian Morley, Jack Reed and Chris Heighington gave us all kinds of problems that night, but their outside backs Sam Tomkins and Tom Briscoe are the danger men.

Not many people in our team knew of Tomkins and Briscoe before we came over here, but everyone knows them now.

SENDING LOCKY OFF

In the lead-up to the final a lot of the media have focussed on us sending Darren Lockyer into retirement on a winning note.

Inside the camp there hasn’t been much of that though, and I think Locky wants it that way.

We haven’t talked to each other about him hanging up the boots, probably because I’m a younger player, but it’s been interesting to watch it unfold because he’s so humble.

Locky is a hero of mine, one of the best players ever, but more importantly he’s a great person. I feel very privileged to have toured with him and wish him all the best for his future.

FINALS FEVER

Elland Road is apparently sold out for the final, which is exciting.

Probably the biggest thing I have enjoyed over here, football wise, is the atmosphere at the games and the way the English fans sing the whole time. The community in Leeds love their rugby league and the crowd sits right on top of the field in their stadium, so it should be buzzing.

Nothing beats a packed Sunday afternoon down at Brookie, but the noise created at the games in the UK makes playing that much more fun. It is also an important distraction from how cold it is !

COMING HOME

NRL Grand Final day on October 2 seems like a long time ago now and I’m definitely ready for a break.

Hearing some of the boys talk about their teams starting pre-season back in Australia has been a shock, but time is moving quickly I guess.

I’ll be disappointed to finish the tour because all of us have gotten on so well, but it has given me that extra motivation to keep working hard so I can stay in the representative teams.

Most of all though I’m looking forward to relaxing for a few weeks at home and warming up under the Australian sun, before getting back to work with my mates at Manly.

Soon enough we’ll be back here for the World Club Challenge, which is scary. I can’t imagine how cold it will be then !

SIGNING OFF

My first overseas tour has been one of the best experiences of my life.

The highlights have been our journey over to Europe for a few days and the time spent with all of the boys, something I won’t ever forget.

Thanks for taking the time to read my diary while I’ve been away, hopefully we can win for you on Sunday.

Cheers, T-Rex

Yet another great write up from T-Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8