Backrow Options?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
With back rowers available, would start Brown & Buhrer with Mateo off the bench & big Kapow at lock...other options are varied but personally - though it may seem a little soon - the rangy Knight could well slot into the backrow options, particularly if he trains/trials well pre season. I see him off the bench in the very NEAR future.
Other back rowers include Symonds & Leary (more NSW cup due to new additions), with Lussick a reasonable option also & actually played backrow in his junior footy.

With back rowers available, would start Brown & Buhrer with Mateo off the bench & big Kapow at lock...other options are varied but personally - though it may seem a little soon - the rangy Knight could well slot into the backrow options, particularly if he trains/trials well pre season. I see him off the bench in the very NEAR future.
Other back rowers include Symonds & Leary (more NSW cup due to new additions), with Lussick a reasonable option also & actually played backrow in his junior footy.
I think Barrett may employ a horses for courses policy with the combination dependent upon the opposition we are playing e.g. if we are playing a big pack like the Dogs we might well start with Mateo, Ferris/Brown and Kapow.

I think that Mateo offers the most for us, and am torn between the other three main contenders...presuming we carry a hooker on the bench and two props, who misses out? Symonds often seems to make half-breaks and offers some speed out wide, but like many on here I don;t rate his defence very highly - gets pushed back almost every time. Buhrer has the most potential, if he can come back from two reconstructions with the same speed and agility...but that is a big "if". And I've always rated Brown quite highly, although mainly as a backrower - not centre or hooker. Leary - probably destined for reserves for the most part, which is a shame cos he is very close to the others...Knight should get a few runs under his belt too, hopefully - bring him on slowly towards the end of the year maybe?

We aren't winning the comp if Symonds is starting or on our bench. He tries hard when covering positions and seems like a nice guy, but hopefully injury cover is as far as his involvement goes.

Maxta summed it up well. Brown, Buhrer, Kapow to start, Mateo, Knight from bench. Buhrer is mid 20's, coming into his prime - expecting big things from him, regardless of his surgery (he is a top athlete, he'll come back fine). Mateo for impact off bench on tiring defences.

Can't have Brown and Buhrer together just not enough size there. Still think Knight is too green and needs a year in NSW cup. Think Barrett will go with
8. Myles
9. Korosai
10. Trbojevic
11. Tapau
12. Mateo
13. Brown

14. Buhrer
15. Lussick
16. Symonds
17. Lawrence

Can't have Brown and Buhrer together just not enough size there. Still think Knight is too green and needs a year in NSW cup. Think Barrett will go with
8. Myles
9. Korosai
10. Trbojevic
11. Tapau
12. Mateo
13. Brown

14. Buhrer
15. Lussick
16. Symonds
17. Lawrence
Parcell will be on the bench if not starting, no way he misses out, meaning Symonds is most likely to drop off. At some point during the year I think we will see Knight and Fanou-blake on the bench.

8. Myles
9. Korosai
10. Trbojevic
11. Tapau
12. Mateo
13. Brown

14. Buhrer
15. Lussick
16. Symonds
17. Lawrence
Tapau at 11 no chance.maybe swap him with brown, but if buhrer is fit definately starter before brown all day long

If we retain Buhrer & Brown I would love to see a move for Taupau AKA Gallen into prop as follows (and check this bench out):-

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Marty Taupau
11. Feleti Meteo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Nate Myles
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Lewis Brown

08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Parcell
10. Nate Myles
11. Lewis Brown
12. Feleti Meteo
13. Marty Taupau

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick
16. Brenton Lawrence
17. Starling or liam knight

Other back rowers include Symonds & Leary (more NSW cup due to new additions), with Lussick a reasonable option also & actually played backrow in his junior footy
Lussick? Hardly. I spoke to him back in 2012 about a back row spot opening up with T Rex departing, and he said his back row days were well behind him.

G,day all,As it appears both Brown and Korisau have been brought with the promise of first grade positions,it seems that Parcell,Jamie and Leary are left pushing for one spot in the seventeen as their is no way we will have four players of their similar stature in the squad.
cheers mike

If Starling is moved to Titians, Lawrence moved to Roosters and Buhrer to UK as reported I feel we could have Klemmer or Tamou in 16.
Some food for thought.....

Lussick? Hardly. I spoke to him back in 2012 about a back row spot opening up with T Rex departing, and he said his back row days were well behind him.
As stated a.....REASONABLE option
Also played there up till 20yo.
If he plays there at times in 2016, could work against the bigger packs Dogs,Souths before bring on the quicker backrowers against a tiring bigger pack & Imo will at times, with Barretts decision more important than what he wants.

If Starling is moved to Titians, Lawrence moved to Roosters and Buhrer to UK as reported I feel we could have Klemmer or Tamou in 16.
Some food for thought.....
It's getting a bit late to start any more major signings & moving guys on. You'd think they'd be settled on the roster by now. I think what we have is it.

It's getting a bit late to start any more major signings & moving guys on. You'd think they'd be settled on the roster by now. I think what we have is it.

Have to agree. Far too late in the piece, and while Klemmer is certainly a decent prop, he is in no way worth the depth Buhrer, Lawrence and Starling all provide combined. I'd rather it not happen tbh.

8. J. Trbojevic
9. A. Koroisau
10. N. Myles
11. J. Buhrer
12. L. Brown
13. M. Tapau

14. D. Lussick
15. B. Lawrence / L. Knight
16. F. Mateo
17. M. Parcell

Lussick and Lawrence / Knight interchange with Myles and Trbojevic. Mateo interchange with Tapau to exploit tiring forwards and same same with Parcell interchanging with Koroisau.

I can see Knight really challenge for a bench spot early on and may push Lawrence out. If he really comes on I could see him even challenge Myles for the starting gig later in the year or for 2017.

You need at least 6 props in the roster. Currently we have Trbojevic, Myles, Lussick, Lawrence, Starling, Burgess, Knight. I can't see us dumping out 2 of them.

They are cutting it fine but these rumors are still lingering. I can't see us moving these players on to front load contracts for cap space in 2017 as signed players have already had their contracts registered by nrl. The only reason they would try and shift players now is to free up coin for another signing. It's funny we are trying to move on Lawrence when he only has one year to go anyway.
I really don't know but I'm just not convinced we are finished

You need at least 6 props in the roster. Currently we have Trbojevic, Myles, Lussick, Lawrence, Starling, Burgess, Knight. I can't see us dumping out 2 of them.

Couldn't we use Taupau as a prop though? Like I say, that leaves space for both Buhrer and Brown (who are similar players) in the backrow.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6