back-up half

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How about that Cade Cust bloke? You know the one we let leave for England at 23 years old after having him for his whole junior and early NRL career. I do hope we have first dibs on bringing him back, like it was rumoured when he left

Another player completed misused by Des, in and out of the team even after playing well in the top grade, and forced to compete with Croker for the hooker spot because we have refused to properly replace Api/Fainu. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to come back

How about that Cade Cust bloke? You know the one we let leave for England at 23 years old after having him for his whole junior and early NRL career. I do hope we have first dibs on bringing him back, like it was rumoured when he left

Another player completed misused by Des, in and out of the team even after playing well in the top grade, and forced to compete with Croker for the hooker spot because we have refused to properly replace Api/Fainu. Wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to come back
Good point mate. With Walker going we'll need a 14 and Cust could fill that role week to week and cover for DCE during Origin. Potentially compete with Humphreys in a couple of years for the 7.

I also think if Fainu lives up to his potential, we'd be better served with Shoe as a ball playing 13 and Jake at prop.

We need a back-up half to join squad as cover for DCE/Schuster.

Realistically, we should go for one of:

1 Adam Keighran (Roosters). Versatile, fast. Top goal kicker. Would be a starting seven in some teams.

2. Brayden Trindall (Sharks). Doubt we'd get him, but more chance playing first grade with us than Sharks.

3. Adam Clune (Knights). Solid. Experienced. Playing in poor team. Would be much better with us.

I reckon Clune is a potential gun. Brave, durable, fast, good hands, good kicking game. Lacks consistency though and maybe that will come with experience.

Pretty sure that Weekes was tried as a half back in a trial against the West s Tigers in 21 , apparently a bit average and strikes me as the type of player who needs a bit of room to move . So doubt that 7 is going to be a more suited position for him . Humphries should be able fit the bill better and may have to , doesn "t seem to be that much emphasis on recruiting an outside back up half to date .

Is Troy Dargen still on a train and trial contract? Think he did his ACL last preseason I wonder if he has been given another shot.

I think our halves in waiting should be given some game time this year.

Bring them on as 17th man, and let them play the last 10-15 minutes of some games that we’ve either already won or already lost.

We can’t just expect youngsters to step up to THE major role in an NRL side with zero first grade experience.

I read a zero tackle.com article this morning saying that Catalans Dragons have released Dylan Napa and Josh Drinkwater from the final year of their contracts to clear some cap space.
Josh was a Manly junior and he's got NRL and Super League experience... ? Could be a cheap option for the lower grades as a back up maybe?

I read a zero tackle.com article this morning saying that Catalans Dragons have released Dylan Napa and Josh Drinkwater from the final year of their contracts to clear some cap space.
Josh was a Manly junior and he's got NRL and Super League experience... ? Could be a cheap option for the lower grades as a back up maybe?
I thought you were about to suggest Napa there for a second and I was considering having you committed

I actually think Jake Clifford could be good fit at Manly. He got the tools. Hasn't appeared to handle the pressure.

Have that sort of player in the squad, where the weight of expectation is on DCE, and Turbo. And we might just have or barman.
Just been released by Newcastle

Pretty sure that Weekes was tried as a half back in a trial against the West s Tigers in 21 , apparently a bit average and strikes me as the type of player who needs a bit of room to move . So doubt that 7 is going to be a more suited position for him . Humphries should be able fit the bill better and may have to , doesn "t seem to be that much emphasis on recruiting an outside back up half to date .
He was 17 in that trial I think

I think our halves in waiting should be given some game time this year.

Bring them on as 17th man, and let them play the last 10-15 minutes of some games that we’ve either already won or already lost.

We can’t just expect youngsters to step up to THE major role in an NRL side with zero first grade experience.
Hope that starts happening now this year Mark. Because it was never going to happen under DES

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6