Back Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How anyone that supports our club can look beyond the pathetic administration of this club and point the finger at a club legend and great coach is beyond me.

Tooves does not deserve this rubbish. How about some anger management and redirect it where it should go. Our administration at the highest level has f*cked this club over worse than I have seen in 45 years. Tooves took on the role when we were in a bad way. Things are worse now than they were then, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the coach.

Tooves may not see out the year but it won't be his coaching that decides that.

What a shameful thread.

This is what they are doing and a lot is coming from new posters . How strange. Blame 2v for all that is wrong and not Kelly or Penn who have stuffed the place in 6 months.

What a shock that you would agree 100 per sent .

Okay I will reply

You might not agree with it, which is your right, but it appears as if they are trying to follow some sort of plan which includes a blood letting / clean up of what they perceive to be wrong with the club.

Like I have said many times on here I do not believe it as simplistic as blaming one person or another i.e. to say it is all Kelly or Zorbas fault is nothing more than scapegoating. If you are unhappy look at source, the owners, rather than the people implementing orders.

I have a strong belief that as good as the on field results have been in the past they were despite the structure of the club rather than due to it (Also maybe it is being greedy but I think we could have achieved even more in that time)

Do I like the face value treatment of Tooves? No
Do I think that the club has been poor in it's communication to members and fans? Yes
Do I think there needs to be a change in how the club operates? Yes

Will i give the new regime time to find their feet? Yes. If we are still having the same issues in 6 months then I will join up in the protests...I just think it is a bit early to jump to conclusions.

This is what they are doing and a lot is coming from new posters . How strange. Blame 2v for all that is wrong and not Kelly or Penn who have stuffed the place in 6 months.
Not blaming for everything but only 4 points against the... well... **** Dragons falls on him.

With Penn now owning the club, watch for Hasler to speak out in the media "favourably" for Manly. He will use words of support, instead on feigning interest like he has done in the past 3 years.

It will be a sure sign that Penn has agreed to terms with him, and he will be welcomed back.

Which des has done in the past few weeks..

The problems we have is not because of Toovey.
We are so lucky to even have Toovey at the helm.
Imagine if he got the ****s and left.
We would then be in a world of pain.
I doubt Wayne Bennett or Dogsler could do better with the personnel and the conditions we are subjected to.

This season would have been OK without the two halves whoring themselves around the other clubs, plus the unexpected huge injury toll.

Loyalty is the biggest attribute that I subscribe to.
It's a two way street.
We have to back Toovey to the hilt.
We should do the Toovey chant like we used to do for Beaver. :clap:

-

Toovey needs to be given the whole of this year to prove he is still a successful coach, but if Manly keep putting in performances like the one on Saturday night, and do end up missing the eight this year, with the roster they have, then Toovey, as the coach needs to come under some scrutiny.
Arthur gets a lot of slack on this site, but you can’t deny he has people skills and players do like playing for him. There is no hiding the fact he was held in high regard by all the players when he was at Manly, and although he has a lot still to prove as a NRL coach, he is doing a good job at Parra IMO. And who would want to coach them, their management are ruthless on underperforming coaches and have a dysfunctional board worse then ours. He took on a team last year that has been underperforming for years, and a team that has nowhere near as many star players as Manly, and you can see they are improving. Especially players like Chris Sandow. And the win last Friday night against Souths, with a host of their best players, out was a good effort. They were pumped and lifted. Their defence came at South all night. Would like to see Toovey inspire the players a liitle more and get some consistantly back into their play.

Injuries are hurting us, it's been horrible so far, but at least they are happening now and not in rd 26. Manly with a full strength side should make the eight no doubt. Its now up to Toovey to lift the morale and team spirit and to continually improve each weeks performance. Lets get some pride back in the jumper and get all the players on the same page. Bring that close knit playing group together again. Make them believe they can go out there each week and beat anybody. It's a huge test for him, lets hope he's up to the challenge. A morale boosting win is the first place to start this weekend. The quicker we move on from last week the better.

I wonder if Kelly has come in ala Gould at Penrith & decided that this club needs the toxic environment & those responsible cleaned out. I get the feeling from that article on the juniors that they are tearing it down and trying to build from the juniors up. It'll take a couple of years of pain at firsts level but if it succeeds then I will congratulate them.

I hope this is the case but Cleary openly had full support and backing from Gould with what he was doing. Toovey doesn't seem to have that support. The good thing about that article is that it shows that behind the scenes the club is looking to get a better juniors setup within the club which has been ignored for far too long.

Optimism is the only thing that i have to get me through the constant negativity in the media and the forum. Yes we have struggled but losing the players and experience we have with the best halves pairing in the comp signed, sealed and delivered elsewhere and a number of injuries to players at the start of the season isn't an easy thing to manage, no coach including Hasler would have their team firing 100%. Ppl have to remember that we are only 4 rounds in. Look at the Cowboys, highly anticipated to be a contender for 2015 without a win yet. Cronulla were tipped to be improvers and nothing yet.

It has been a very disappointing start to the season but it is the start of the season. The players may be looking overweight but Donny has been around during the Hasler period so questioning what he is doing is pretty stupid. Most of our players look a bit on the heavy side but common sense would say that's to help deal with the ever growing opposition fwds and trying to stop them. As the season wears on they will look leaner. As for Gift at Manly v Souths, he has been on and off the field since 2011, it has been the first time in recent memory that he had a solid off season to tone up. Besides it's not like the Souths pack is lacking size and maybe Madge wanted him to strip down to add some speed and also put less pressure on the knees of his.

Bottom line is a lot of ppl seem to have gotten used to winning most games we play. That will change as change is inevitable but as much as we the supporters are sad to see the team lose, i bet it doesn't even compare to the frustration Tooves would feel as he isn't some coach, he loves this club as much as anyone here so to turn against him so early into the season and saying he can't coach after 3 pretty successful seasons is piss poor. Ppl were probably saying this about Madge last season after being 1 win 3 losses in their opening 4 games last season and what happened?

Ppl have the right to their opinion but the crap he cops from the media is bad enough, let alone supporters turning on him. I love watching the little guy in the coaches box going off his nut and looking like he would smash something, as that is what most supporters of the club would be doing during the game :). Yes he had a good squad to work with and a structure blah blah blah, but you still have to appreciate that after winning a GF players want upgrades, their egos get bigger, older players have to make way for younger players etc. Coupled with non stop media leaks, ununified board he still has to manage all that and deliver on the field which he has year in year out and now there is a low point he should be sacked and replaced?

All the way.
In his short career as a head coach Tooves has been through so much ongoing shyte ever since Ha$ler left.
This man deserves to coach Manly to a premiership.
It would be a great moment in Manly history.

All the way.
In his short career as a head coach Tooves has been through so much ongoing shyte ever since Ha$ler left.
This man deserves to coach Manly to a premiership.
It would be a great moment in Manly history.

It would.
But it won't happen.

#strongerwithzorba - sry that's a meme.

OH while we are on coaching :

What Ha$ler recruit has 2V made better in 3 years?
What Toovey recruit is better today, than 3 years ago?

And don't say DCE or FOZ on the 2V ledger - they were actually Ha$lers I believe.

OH while we are on coaching :

What Ha$ler recruit has 2V made better in 3 years?
What Toovey recruit is better today, than 3 years ago?

And don't say DCE or FOZ on the 2V ledger - they were actually Ha$lers I believe.
Good question but leaving out those 2 players ill just add are they better players now or back then ??
I think Lawrence has come on well was mentioned for SOS and the test squad JSL is a better player Hku has gone to play for NZ under Toovs
Most of Hasler's recruits have moved on then ones left came through the junior system
maybe some others can add but thats off the top of my head

Yep

Lawrence was 2V and your right over 3 years he is better, and age and experience have nothing to do with it.
Hiku..was blooded by De$ I think, but he is also better.
JSL..def 2V but I still see the crabbing and passion that was there a year or 2 ago. Jury out there.

But lets get some more on the 2V ledger. Foran$ using it as an excuse, I'd like to think he is wrong, but maybe he is right?

Dunamis is stating to show promise too but Tom Symonds probably hasn't come on as much as expected

Dunamis - marginal
Symonds - No
Taufua was DE$ - and I think he has gone backwards in the last year (2014)
Buhrer was DE$ - and I think he has also gone backwards a bit (SOO in 2012 I think).

Hiku - I thought was DE$ but happy to put him on the 2V ledger.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8