Australia v India 2020-21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Aussies have yet again lost an opportunity to bat India out of the game. Really should have 450 on the board against a 2nd string Indian attack.
I appreciate Pujara is historically a slow scorer but I can't help but think India are already batting for a draw.

I doubt Paine will ever get a better opportunity to notch up his maiden test ton than what was presented to him yesterday.

Indians have shown their patience and resilience with the bat since that embarrassing 36 in Adelaide. I think I heard there is some more rain predicted so they could hang on for draw and retain the trophy.

Just looking online and it seems like India just want to block out 2 days of play.

They only need to draw the series to retain the trophy?

You'd hope that the bowlers would have enough skill of move a few of them along though.

That all out for 36 seems a lifetime ago.

I type this only to see 9 runs scored last over..lol

So this aussie attack which some rate as well as the glory days of McGrath, Warne (etc) are being schooled by a 2 match and a debutant?

There's some serious issues it seems.

Go NZ!!

(there's a wicket as I type this)

Another iffy batting performance by Australia. I wonder how India approach tomorrow ? Would be interesting to see them have a crack at the win, but of course a draw is all they need.

lol

India are going to win. what a great effort from them! I almost wish aust threw the game to explain why they've played so badly against quite a few debutants and an injury 'riddled' side.

But outplayed and out thought and out captained. (from what I can gather).

Wow, well done India! Genuine world powerhouse of cricket. It's where the money is, and its the sport of choice for 1.3 billion Indians, so hard to knock their success.
(Not sure how NZ keeps competing with a population of less than 5 million, and rugby is their main sport, lol!!)

Thats one of the best series wins I've seen. To come back from the Adelaide debacle and to fight through that injury toll was an unbelievable effort. Totally outplayed Australia and gave them a lesson in hard, tough test cricket. Aussie attack thought it was just a matter of turning up after rolling them for 36 in the first test. Cummins and Hazlewood earned their keep, Starc and Lyon pretty much ineffectual. Cameron Green only showed one string of his alleged all rounder bow.

Our batting depth was shown up by a second string Indian attack. Outside of Loose Bus Change and Fidget Boy, what Australian batsman showed any mongrel and desire ? Batting let us down all series. Time for some changes, but not a lot knocking on the door unfortunately.

Never been a real fan of Indian cricket and the way they play away from home. But new found respect for this squad, they played hard and fair and didn't shirk the task. I thought we were a moral to win 4-0 after first test, but didn't bank on them putting up that fight. Hats off to Rahane and Shastri for turning it around. They had plans and they executed.

Hats off to Rahane and Shastri for turning it around. T
and Chet and Pujara and Pant. Fantastic depth in Indian cricket at the moment.
I didn't make it to any of the tests but did spend a pleasant afternoon picnicking on the hill over Drummoyne Oval watching India play Australia A recently.

Hell of a match that one yesterday

My mate used to work for cricinfo and has been hard at work lol, 2nd time ever and first since 1883 that Australia has won the first test of a series at home and lost the series, and also the 20 players used by India is the most players ever used in a winning series

Also imagine the extra excitement if we could have turned back time and had Bill, Tony and Richie calling it, this current Fox team is very ordinary

We had them here last summer and it surprised me how easily they rolled over, would be nice to have a series over there although it exposes our main weakness of not having a quality spinner

We had them here last summer and it surprised me how easily they rolled over, would be nice to have a series over there although it exposes our main weakness of not having a quality spinner
Sorry guys , its cricket , cant stand the game , in any form at all , rather mow the lawn .
But thats just me

That's why I've never been a big fan of the way they play cricket. Bully boys at home but weak willed whingers away from home. Kohli has changed that mindset somewhat and now with this effort over here I'm gaining more respect for them and the way they play. They've always had fantastic players, but rarely come together as a fantastic team if that makes sense.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4