Australia v India 2020-21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What are peoples thoughts on the Pant "catch"?
I was listening on ABC radio and they were indicating that there was not enough evidence to over turn the on field soft signal of out.
No way in the world did he catch that. The ball was clearly on the ground. If nothing else, you could tell by Pants lack of reaction that he had muffed another one.

I was listening on ABC radio and they were indicating that there was not enough evidence to over turn the on field soft signal of out.
No way in the world did he catch that. The ball was clearly on the ground. If nothing else, you could tell by Pants lack of reaction that he had muffed another one.

I watched the video on wide world of sports website (or something) and agree that it was dropped.

Did you get tickets for the SCG test @Chip and Chase
Yep got a couple of seats thankfully for today. In a good possie at mid on at paddo end. Can’t believe we have thrown away a possible 400+ innings. Smith looked set to bat all day but no one to hang with him. Wade needs a kick up the rear for his shot. Funny that Ashwin didn’t bowl after lunch. No need i suppose as jadeja was doing the job. Let’s hope we can get some poles in this last session.

100% hit the ground. In fairness pant didn’t really “claim” it - then again he didn’t really indicate he wasn’t sure either

Yep got a couple of seats thankfully for today. In a good possie at mid on at paddo end. Can’t believe we have thrown away a possible 400+ innings. Smith looked set to bat all day but no one to hang with him. Wade needs a kick up the rear for his shot. Funny that Ashwin didn’t bowl after lunch. No need i suppose as jadeja was doing the job. Let’s hope we can get some poles in this last session.
Enjoy mate. If you feel so inclined would love to see a couple of photos.

If there is a small upside to covid it's been able to go to the cricket with no traffic, no line up for parking, no queues for entry, drinks, or toilets. Plenty of seating room. No crowd basically. Atmosphere down and wearing a mask is a pain but essentially a very pleasant way to watch the cricket.

Couple of late wickets probably gives us the edge in the running. Need to get one of these two early tomorrow to put some pressure on as either of them can do a Smith. Bowlers tried hard but not a lot in the wicket. Some variation in bounce started to happen so that will interest Lyon.

Couldn't work out how to post photos from phone.

I haven’t watched cricket for yonks (well to be truthful, us getting busted cheating turned me off a fair bit). Ironically I decided to settle in today and watch. And who gets a glorious hundred....Captain Cheater. Well I thought it’s a sign from the cricketing gods to move on, and get back into cheering for the Aussies, and accept Smith has served his sentence, and looked fantastic today. As @Chip and Chase said, a real shame no one could stick with him. Opportunity lost there.
I reckon that bloke Punjur (I think, remember it’s been a long time), should’ve been given out. Offered no shot, and if only a third of the ball was shown to be hitting the stump, surely that’s out.
Anyway, nice to be able to enjoy the cricket again.

I'm ok with the "umpires call" policy on those decisions that DRS shows just clipping. The technology isn't 100% foolproof so you back the umpires original call. Pujara's one too close to call with naked eye. Even though he doesn't offer a shot and loses some benefit of doubt under general cricket protocol you can't criticise umpire for turning down appeal.

Looks to be variable bounce already. Agreed that Lyon will be the key, again.

Test (no pun intended)

cricket.jpg

Have watched a little bit of the test so far, won’t see any today.

All Pant would have felt was the ball in the gloves, diving like that you can only really go by feel

I find the commentary team very hard to listen too on the whole, used to enjoy O’Keefe in the early days of his radio commentary but it all feels too try hard from him now. The way they were carrying on about the no shot thing I found ridiculous, a couple of runs of sandpaper and that ball was missing the stumps. The technology isn’t 100% accurate either, that’s why they have the bit of margin for error with it. My mate did the DRS stuff in Australia for a summer and 2 over here and said there is still a lot of work they need to do on accuracy

**** me

I have seen all of Australia's innings except 2 x 90 second stints.

In both of those 90 seconds stints, Australia lost a wicket.

Jokes about 'not leaving the coverage for the good of Australia' aside....

...the chances of that happening are sfa, so is the chance to win lotto...but only one seems to consistently happen..... and I aint livin' in a solid gold house!!!!!

^ Not a bad idea. Tis hard convincing Mrs ge not to bug ask me something very important me while watching the cricket as "the game goes for 5 days". though sometimes it is my fault...just not those last two times.

Aust 2-103. 197 run lead.

So what's the plan? Lead by 300 - 350 then have India bat for a day and a half?

^ Not a bad idea. Tis hard convincing Mrs ge not to bug me while watching the cricket as "the game goes for 5 days". though sometimes it is my fault...just not those last two times.

Aust 2-103. 197 run lead.

So what's the plan? Lead by 300 - 350 then have India bat for a day and a half?
Yep. Ideally bat through the first hour with minimal wicket damage and then push forward for a declaration. I would think 325-350 lead would be the target. Declaration halfway through session two.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4