Australia v India 2020-21

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Burns 6 to bring up his 50 and win Australia the first test.

Attachments

• 20201219_182324.jpg
    20201219_182324.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 10
I don't know if you had tickets for all 5 days @Clint - you may be disappointed with it all being over in 3 days, but you got to see a phenomenal bowling performance from the Aussie pace trio. They are mounting a case to be one of our best all round pace attacks ever.

I'd love to get to a test match at Adelaide one day - looks like such a great venue. I'm hoping that my tickets to the Sydney Test will still be worth something come 7th January. I can see this COVID cluster causing a wind back to reduced venue capacity, or worse still a cancellation or postponement. They are talking about possibly swapping Gabba and SCG tests around. All a big unknown ATM and just got to hope things don't get out of hand over Xmas break

PS - happy for Burns. He toughed it out after that nasty blow and should hold his spot for Boxing Day now. If Warner fit then Wade will make way, although I'd be tempted to drop Head and move Wade to 6. Pucovski seems unlikely to get a go now

I don't know if you had tickets for all 5 days @Clint - you may be disappointed with it all being over in 3 days, but you got to see a phenomenal bowling performance from the Aussie pace trio. They are mounting a case to be one of our best all round pace attacks ever.

I'd love to get to a test match at Adelaide one day - looks like such a great venue. I'm hoping that my tickets to the Sydney Test will still be worth something come 7th January. I can see this COVID cluster causing a wind back to reduced venue capacity, or worse still a cancellation or postponement. They are talking about possibly swapping Gabba and SCG tests around. All a big unknown ATM and just got to hope things don't get out of hand over Xmas break

PS - happy for Burns. He toughed it out after that nasty blow and should hold his spot for Boxing Day now. If Warner fit then Wade will make way, although I'd be tempted to drop Head and move Wade to 6. Pucovski seems unlikely to get a go now
Hey mate. It has been years since I watched a cricket game at the SCG so it would be unfair of me to try to compare, but I can say that watching the cricket at the Adelaide Oval is great. My 14yo said that he had pretty high expectations and knew that it would be good but it even exceeded his expectations.

Last edited:
@Clint the SCG is a very nice venue since they upgraded the old Noble and Bradman stands. Can't beat the history and tradition of the old Members and Ladies stands in my opinion. When you are sitting having a beer in the members bar you can feel the memories hanging thick in the air.

If I win Powerball I'll do a round trip of all Test venues following an Ashes series around the country. Then I'll head off to the Carribean for a Frank Worrell trophy series and may not make it home for a couple of years

"cricket world erupts" must be the most overused (and misleading) headline in cricket.

Anyone know what is going on with Warnie's hat ? Has the 'yeh yeh' transplant died

five ****ing dropped catches.

who'd be a bowler. Hope they are on +40 % wages over the willow wavers.

Not going to win with that effort.

NZ on the other hand, keep rolling on.

Burns should be dropped and the top order should stop wasting reviews to protect their own hides. Use them for a howler(ish) not a hope and a prayer.

It's amazing how the mindset can shift so quickly. After Adelaide it was hard to see how the Indians weren't going to lose 4 blot. Got to give credit to them. They have had terrific bowling plans and our batters have had little to no answers.

I guess Aust can simply recall everyone with 'marsh' as their last name.

#problemsolved

Won't happen but I'd like to see
Warner
Harris
Marnus
Smith
Wade
Green
Paine
Pat
Starc
Nathan
Josh
for the Sydney test.
With Sydney now confirmed for the 3rd test what does that mean for Brisbane?
As it stands that'd rule Brisbane out meaning back to back games in Sydney?

Burns axed. Feel bad for him but he had to go. Probably the best thing for him. It would not surprise if he is relieved now that the call has been made.
Openers from Warner, Wade, Will and Harris.
Warner will play imo. Too risky to bring Will in yet. As mentioned above I'd like to see Harris and Warner at the top and Wade at 5. Head out.

No surprise that Burns misses the cut for Warner. I'm hoping that Pucovski is fit and gets a go. Happy for Wade to drop to 5 and replace Head. Not a fan of Harris, he's another Head. Gets a start then gets caught between point and keeper.

No surprise that Burns misses the cut for Warner. I'm hoping that Pucovski is fit and gets a go. Happy for Wade to drop to 5 and replace Head. Not a fan of Harris, he's another Head. Gets a start then gets caught between point and keeper.
I'd be excited for Will to get a crack but I'm 100% certain India will adopt Bodyline tactics as much as the current laws allow. It'd be a risky move bringing him in to this scenario against the best bowling attack the Aussies will come up against. If he gets struck again it will set him back significantly.
The counter argument is of course if he's good enough he'll handle it and we have to find out at some stage.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8