Attention North Sydney Supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
and we must all bow down and fall in line as the great Matabele has rested his case and no further discussion will be held.

Admin, lock this thread immediately. I insist. the case has been rested.

Oh FFS. It's a no-brainer mate. As wheel says, only a one-eyed extinction case would even TRY to argue otherwise and they'd be shot down in flames by any person that knows league is not played competitively with a round ball.

You whinge about the politics and religion threads, but you don't have to click on them. But your inane badgering of my every post is getting beyond a joke.

I wasnt arguing the logic Wheel.

Well maybe some of your own medicine was just what you needed then wasnt it Matas.

And Yes I will stop now

Mata - yet these players played for your beloved QLD side? Did you support them THEN, or are you predominantly insular?

Mata - yet these players played for your beloved QLD side? Did you support them THEN, or are you predominantly insular?

You know what happens when a man pulls on a maroon jumper. Did Moore and Larsen ever play for Norths like they did for Qld? No.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR NORTH SYDNEY CENTENARY YEAR CELEBRATIONS

The Committee has also identified voluntary positions that will be crucial to the success of the Centenary Year and are calling for all interested people to play their part in the Centenary Year and make contact by email to [email protected] or contact the Football Club Office on 9466 8860 during business hours. Please include contact details and your area of interest. Details of the expected roles follow -

People to man the Bears official marque/stall at the League’s Centenary Fan Day at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday 2nd February and the Bears Open Day Birthday Celebration at North Sydney Oval on 10th February 2008.

Main Duties
• Public contact at marque/stall
• Pre event preparation and organisation
• Set up and organisation of marque/stall etc on the days
• Supervise events
• Availability on the afternoon/evening of Friday 1st February for a walk-through the afternoon/evening of Friday 1st February with a thank-you BBQ to follow directly after

People to research and gather historical information and material.

Main Duties
• Research and prepare information and material for the Clubs birthday event on 7th February 2008
• Research and prepare information and material for the Clubs Open day Birthday Celebration on 10th Febuary 2008 (including information on North Sydney’s junior district clubs)
• Research and prepare information and material for the Bears official website
• Use of spreadsheets/word processing and internet.

I called Norths and volunteered everyone to help out on the day.

When losers win, there's nothing
6/10/2007

NOW I know this will sound a little strange, but I'm feeling a bit sorry for those Geelong Cats fans right now.

As a life-long North Sydney Bears supporter I've got a lot in common with them.
Sure they only had to wait 44 years for a premiership while for us Bears fans it's 85 years and still counting, but the basic tenet is the same.

It's all about hope and disappointment; of chances missed and opportunity lost and always in the pit of the stomach that familiar feeling of unfulfillment.

I remember as a kid watching the fans of other clubs coming and going from North Sydney Oval with looks of smugness on their faces.

They didn't have to say the words but they were there as clearly as if they had been written on their foreheads: We've been there. We've won a premiership and you haven't.

But you know what? After a while you got used to it. You even got to like it in a sick way.

I mean, it is an accomplishment of sorts. Any club can win a premiership (and they all did in my lifetime) but it took something special to lose year after year after year.

We'd look at those other supporters with all their cockiness and think: Yeah sure, you might win the premiership this year and you might not but we are 100 per cent certain we won't be winning, so at least we won't be disappointed.

Besides, there was always the glorious unknown to sustain us; that question we asked each other every year as we sat at home in front of the telly watching some other team do the lap of honour.

I wonder what it must feel like?

The Geelong fans have been asking themselves that question for 44 years, and now they know.

I guess it feels great right now. The afterglow of the demolition of Port Adelaide is still buzzing around their heads like they've just sucked some giant Fruit Tingle.

But I'm wondering if midway through the final quarter when it was obvious they couldn't lose, there was a twinge of grief for that unfulfilled hope they had carried inside for so many years.

Whether some of them asked themselves: Is this it? Is this all there is? Then what? What happens next week, next month, next season?

After all those years of dreaming about it, the question has been answered, the fantasy realised.

So what now? You can't experience something for the first time twice.

All this came to me in the moments after the NRL Premier League grand final last Sunday afternoon.

How good was it? A grand final being played in daylight between the Mighty Bears and the Parramatta Eels.

OK, so the Bears aren't really a club any more and so what if most of them had never left Redfern and crossed the Harbour Bridge in their lives. The logo on their chests said Norths and the red and black never looked more beautiful.

When Joey Williams kicked that field goal to put us one point in front with less than two minutes on the clock I screamed as loudly as the time Mitchell Cox scored in the corner against Manly in 1980.

We were back. The Bears in all their glory. Finally, a trophy for that big empty glass cabinet at the leagues club. And then, with 12 seconds left, the Eels scored the winner and the commentator said the words we've come to know so well, Another heart-breaking defeat for the Bears.

Heart-breaking? Maybe. Reaffirming? Definitely.

All was back as it should be. There was nothing we weren't used to, nothing that would put us into a spin – unlike what Geelong fans are going through right now.

Sure they might have the AFL premiership trophy, but we can still sit down over a beer and ask that magic question.

I wonder what it must feel like.

Mike Colman is also a columnist for The Courier-Mail. [email protected]

[quote author=Nutzcraw]
I wasn't much of a fan of Billy Moore.

I was a fan of david fairleigh, gary larson, greg florimo and matt seers though.

None of those would have made the Manly side against their opposite:

Fairleigh vs Menzies
Larsen vs Kosef
Moore vs Gartner
Florimo vs Lyons
Seers vs Ridge

I rest my case.

[/quote]

Where I mentioned these players were better than their manly opposition I don't know.

I just liked the way they played and thought they were good players.

[quote author=Ryan]

You know what happens when a man pulls on a maroon jumper. Did Moore and Larsen ever play for Norths like they did for Qld? No.
[/quote]

Larsen played well every game he played.

When they pulled on the pink jumper of QLD they used to yell out "QUEENSLANDER" when they pulled on the Red and Black it was "RESERVE GRADER"

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR NORTH SYDNEY CENTENARY YEAR CELEBRATIONS

The Committee has also identified voluntary positions that will be crucial to the success of the Centenary Year and are calling for all interested people to play their part in the Centenary Year and make contact by email to [email protected] or contact the Football Club Office on 9466 8860 during business hours. Please include contact details and your area of interest. Details of the expected roles follow -

People to man the Bears official marque/stall at the League’s Centenary Fan Day at the Olympic Stadium on Saturday 2nd February and the Bears Open Day Birthday Celebration at North Sydney Oval on 10th February 2008.

Main Duties
• Public contact at marque/stall
• Pre event preparation and organisation
• Set up and organisation of marque/stall etc on the days
• Supervise events
• Availability on the afternoon/evening of Friday 1st February for a walk-through the afternoon/evening of Friday 1st February with a thank-you BBQ to follow directly after

People to research and gather historical information and material.

Main Duties
• Research and prepare information and material for the Clubs birthday event on 7th February 2008
• Research and prepare information and material for the Clubs Open day Birthday Celebration on 10th Febuary 2008 (including information on North Sydney’s junior district clubs)
• Research and prepare information and material for the Bears official website
• Use of spreadsheets/word processing and internet.

I called Norths and volunteered everyone to help out on the day.

So Tookey are you going??

I would be interested to know what the events are eg:

Pinning the tail on Steve Mayoh's fat arse
Who is Molly Dive Competition
Tour of the North Sydney Trophy room

I will be going wheel.

We will be watching a highlights package of Scott Fulton playing for Manly. That will take up 5 seconds but will provide many hours of laughs as we remember his useless displays in the Manly jersey which are unforgettable and don't need to be shown on a video..

Then after that we will do a tour of Bob Fulton;s house to see how much he ripped off from Manly over the years. Then we will watch a reply on the big screen of the Manly v Newcastle and Manly v Bulldogs grand finals. Hmmm did Manly lose those ones?

The following is some info on Mollie Dive for you:

Dive, Mollie (1913 - 1997)
OAM

Cricketer, Hockey Player, Scientist and Sportswoman
Born: 26 June 1913 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Died: September 1997 Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.

An all-round sportswoman (she tried her hand at netball, squash, golf, tennis and lawn bowls) Mollie was known for her excellence on the cricket oval and the hockey field. She stayed involved with these sports as a coach and administrator long after her playing days were over. She was a New South Wales and Australian selector, President ot the New South Wales Women's Cricket Association and a member of the executive of the Australian Women's Cricket Association. She was associated with the Sydney University Women's Sports Association for fifty years

Her achievements and contribution to sport were recognised in 1987 when, as well as being awarded an Order of Australia medal for her services to sport, she was honoured by the naming of a grandstand after her at North Sydney Oval, a ground at which she never played!

Mollie played cricket with her family at home (her father played once for the New South Wales state team) but it was not a game she played formally until she went to Sydney University in 1932. She left university with Blues in cricket and hockey, a science degree and a cricketing reputation that evenutally saw her obtain employment at the CSIRO, where she worked for most of her life, and captaincy of the Australian team that had the first ever Ashes win over England in 1948-49.

Career Highlights

Chronology
1933 Awarded University Blues in Cricket and Hockey

1933 Made the New South Wales State Hockey team

1933 - 1951 Made the New South Wales State Cricket Team almost continually during this period

1938 Appointed captain of the New South Wales Cricket Team

1946 - 1949 Made the New South Wales State Hockey team

1948 - 1951 Captained the Australian Test Team

1987 The Grandstand at the North Sydney Oval was named the Mollie Dive Stand in her honour

1987 Awarded an Order of Australia Medal

Growing up in another country, prior to the internet, it is funny how little idea you have about things haha

When i was about 11-12 the Bears were prob my 2nd fave side for a few years, never had any clue i was meant to hate the bludgers

I will be going wheel.

we will do a tour of Bob Fulton;s house to see how much he ripped off from Manly over the years.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: You are leaving yourself open to legal action with comments like that. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

God damm edit button never works.

He was paid a lot of money for many years and had the best talent available to him but his record of premiershipo wins was quite ordinary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6