ATT: Taree Manly Supporters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
on wednesday the 1st of february Steve Menzies,Chris Hicks and Matt Orford will be appearing at the workwear house in Pulteney Street,Taree between 8.30 - 10.00am

Great opportunity for those on the North Coast! Funny that Stepho, who hails from that area as a Junior isn't going up.

Hope you enjoy hillbilly!

When I was younger Chatham High were absolute League Powerhouses in the Buckley and University Shields (as was Tamworth) but I haven't heard of them being strong in the past years!

Having read the Manly Daily article by Zorba I can now see that most of the squad are playing in the trial at Rockhampton against the Comets and it is only the more elite players who will be doing the Taree thing. It is a real pity there is no full trial.

thanks CW

it should be a good morning,there was supposed to be a match up here against a local side,but that got cancelled i have heard rumours why (due to the local legue group...not Manly) but i will not put them on a public forum as they are rumours...suffice to say i was not happy when i heard it was cancelled

CW, Chatham High is now full of ****heads and druggos unfortunately. The most dominant school in Taree now, is St Clares, where Steppa and Ben Harris (Bulldogs/Bradford) went to. In the past 4 or 5 years they have had a heap of talented kids come through, who are working their way up with various clubs.

Interesting to see that Jason King is going to Taree rather than playing in the trial.

I will let the more experienced theorists work on that one!

I'd say like a few of us have thought here, Jason is coming along well, and big things are being expected of him. He was being talked up by Orford as a possible captain for goodness sakes.

I'd read into that, that things aare on track for a much improved season.

Lets hope so.

I think the reason everyone was so disappointed with King last season, was they can see the potential of the guy and he just wasn't close to living up to it.

I guess i'll go along. Workwear House have a really good range.
They have a store in Brookvale also. I'm pretty sure they do embroidery and uniforms and stuff like that as well. Aren't they a sponsor of our club?

thanks CW

it should be a good morning,there was supposed to be a match up here against a local side,but that got cancelled i have heard rumours why (due to the local legue group...not Manly) but i will not put them on a public forum as they are rumours...suffice to say i was not happy when i heard it was cancelled

So do you have a spare $12,000 to pay for it?

[quote author=bluesabilly1954]
thanks CW

Is that was Manly was asking?

Dubbo would have found that.

[/quote]

thanks CW

mate

no i dont,but if i did i would have chucked in some cash,imo if the local group had thrown the cash in,mate they would have made the money back easily with a profit
you being a local fella should know how that the local area up here is starved for major events,i think the two sportsman dinners at Taree and Winghan and the match would have had people comung out in droves

anyway i will probarbly see you at the workwear house on wednesday

[/quote]

[quote author=The Fonz]
thanks CW

it should be a good morning,there was supposed to be a match up here against a local side,but that got cancelled i have heard rumours why (due to the local legue group...not Manly) but i will not put them on a public forum as they are rumours...suffice to say i was not happy when i heard it was cancelled.

[/quote]
mate

no i dont,but if i did i would have chucked in some cash,imo if the local group had thrown the cash in,mate they would have made the money back easily with a profit
you being a local fella should know how that the local area up here is starved for major events,i think the two sportsman dinners at Taree and Winghan and the match would have had people comung out in droves

[/quote]

What if it rained and no one went? They would be broke. Why couldn't the NRL foot the bill? Group 3 certainly don't have a spare few 12 grand laying around.

Actually I would have thought the NRL would have footed all the bills for the NRL country 'roadshow'.

NRL should pay the bill Cant believe Group 3 had to pay if they want them to come!!! Thats ****ed

Yep- that's the case all the time- don't blame the bush clubs/ groups blame the NRL and then you can filter that blame to the bludging bastards at the CRL who have the best job in the world...sign clearance papers and ignore all the other major issues....Maybe if Terry Quinn put off his junket during the Kangaroo Tour (why was he there again...) then maybe they could've afforded to foot the bill!

[quote author=The Fonz]
thanks CW

it should be a good morning,there was supposed to be a match up here against a local side,but that got cancelled i have heard rumours why (due to the local legue group...not Manly) but i will not put them on a public forum as they are rumours...suffice to say i was not happy when i heard it was cancelled.

[/quote]
mate

[/quote]

What if it rained and no one went? They would be broke. Why couldn't the NRL foot the bill? Group 3 certainly don't have a spare few 12 grand laying around.

[/quote]

fair enough comments mate....but i still think in this situation you have to take the risks,i also agree the CRL should throw cash in......but seeing as they have not imo the local group should have thrown the cash in and taken the risk

we will have to agree to disagree on this one

Would not the majority of tickets be pre-sold before game day so as to alleviate the potential financial risk that poor weather may bring?

If the interest is as high as it would appear to be from afar the game would be a sellout in any case with the majority of tickets being presold.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4