Assistant Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can just imagine. Jake has a bad game and gets benched for a development player and Jorge and Parker lining up in the second row!
so you would have Jorge in your side? wouldn't be in mine! Parker in centres not yet, we already have too many soft second rowers, well at least for a few more weeks.

You’re calling Siro, Thompson, Olakau’atu soft lololol.
Olakautau was probably an afterthought, reckon he'll have a big year in 2021! Gosie is ok, but probably shouldn't wind up in the centres again as he showed some form late in the season starting next to dce at second-row.

Definitely think soft isn't the word as well, although his comment has some merit. Siro in 2020 was only really there in bursts (eg. half that tigers game he was going psycho, then disappeared. It worried me that he gradually become more passive in defence and predictable in attack, hopefully his knee recovery goes well. Thompson had a very tame season, as expected with him in his last season of first grade. Waddell was an ill-disciplined plodder. Our backrow - bar jake - were invisible this season but 2021 I agree they can show some steel

Olakautau was probably an afterthought, reckon he'll have a big year in 2021! Gosie is ok, but probably shouldn't wind up in the centres again as he showed some form late in the season starting next to dce at second-row.

Definitely think soft isn't the word as well, although his comment has some merit. Siro in 2020 was only really there in bursts (eg. half that tigers game he was going psycho, then disappeared. It worried me that he gradually become more passive in defence and predictable in attack, hopefully his knee recovery goes well. Thompson had a very tame season, as expected with him in his last season of first grade. Waddell was an ill-disciplined plodder. Our backrow - bar jake - were invisible this season but 2021 I agree they can show some steel
Can’t agree about Jake.....he was invisible this year & penalty prone. I think he was counting the dollars!!! Hopefully the team as a whole play to their potential & if so we’re definitely top 4 in my opinion!

Can’t agree about Jake.....he was invisible this year & penalty prone. I think he was counting the dollars!!! Hopefully the team as a whole play to their potential & if so we’re definitely top 4 in my opinion!
Even with Des?

Agree he was poor, just meant he wasn't invisible in the sense that he always took up the screen w/ too-much involvement in our attack. Respectable efforts in defence though but yeah his ill discipline kills me

He is a CPA
Accounting probably doesn’t give enough of a background to run Manly/a business in a good way, accounting and business strategy are extremely different. Maybe if he was a CFA or had some Corporate Advisory experience I would back him, but having a bean counter at CEO couldn’t be further from innovation / moving the club towards a better future. Open to any other insights into his experience but.

Like or dislike Scott Penn his initiative for the Centre of Exellence is great and how great clubs are built (ala Penrith reaping rewards)

Would love Toovey at General Manager / Assistant Coach though.

Accounting probably doesn’t give enough of a background to run Manly/a business in a good way, accounting and business strategy are extremely different. Maybe if he was a CFA or had some Corporate Advisory experience I would back him, but having a bean counter at CEO couldn’t be further from innovation / moving the club towards a better future. Open to any other insights into his experience but.

Like or dislike Scott Penn his initiative for the Centre of Exellence is great and how great clubs are built (ala Penrith reaping rewards)

Would love Toovey at General Manager / Assistant Coach though.
I think we can all agree he needs to be back somewhere in fabric of our great club.

seeing him on nrl360 he still has so much to offer our club.

Steve Hales has replaced Hoss Robbo, strong relationships with a lot of our current and future youngsters from his days at Westfield Sports High
Hmmmm thanks @Wheel. Thats some very interesting drum.

With Hales moving to top grade what chance U give of the assistants seeing some role changes and Mona's sitting in that deputy chair yet?

The Sea Eagles are a medium sized small family owned business run out of rented premises in the outer suburbs of Sydney ... They have an annual expenditure of approx 20 million ... and approx 14 million of that is given to them by the NRL by way of grants ...

There are single Maccas franchises that turn over more money and have larger work forces ...

Hardly the enterprises that are getting the current class of 2020 Harvard MBA's all excited about lodging their resumes ...

In relation to coaches, does anyone think Des actually listens to them??

Oh sure they are good for running training sessions, and warm ups and keeping tab on statistics BUT do you really think they’d sit down with Des , discuss tactics and have a valued input ???

They might want to BUT we are talking the mad scientist here!!

Oh sure they are good for running training sessions, and warm ups and keeping tab on statistics BUT do you really think they’d sit down with Des , discuss tactics and have a valued input ???

At least Choc said that Gifty was able to tone down some of his wilder ideas ...

I think when he picks his own support coaches ,he will pick guys who opinions he values.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4