Assistant Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Accounting probably doesn’t give enough of a background to run Manly/a business in a good way, accounting and business strategy are extremely different. Maybe if he was a CFA or had some Corporate Advisory experience I would back him, but having a bean counter at CEO couldn’t be further from innovation / moving the club towards a better future. Open to any other insights into his experience but.

Like or dislike Scott Penn his initiative for the Centre of Exellence is great and how great clubs are built (ala Penrith reaping rewards)

Would love Toovey at General Manager / Assistant Coach though.
In lots of ways running manly isn’t about managing the money. The budget is only about 20 million per annum, that part would be pretty easy.

The hard part is people, stakeholders, sponsors, community relations, off field and on field strategy.

Some accountants have wider skills, like this, but plenty don’t.

He used to be an innovator, with the calf blood etc, but has DESpicable done anything innovative in these past two seasons? It's a serious enquiry and I welcome your input.
Can you give some examples? Its football what else can he do thats not already done... making roster changes is a start, getting a few more will help.
If we didn't have all these injuries we would of made the finals easy in this comp. We lost players every game it was ridiculous.. if walker and turbo play most games we easily stroll into the finals. Give Dasler another year before we start throwing stones. DESpicable hahaha love it

Can you give some examples? Its football what else can he do thats not already done...

Well, Bellache has introduced the Grapple, The Chicken Wing, the Leg Drop, The Wrestle.
Sticky introduce the strip from a three-man to one-man steal.
Current top teams -- including Doesn'tmatta -- have sweeping backline movements and attacks from the scrum.
Others have developed the kicking game to a fine art...
These are just off the top of my head. I see Manly playing a boring brand of RL.
Has DESpicable revolutionised training?
I don't know, so I await illumination.

In lots of ways running manly isn’t about managing the money. The budget is only about 20 million per annum, that part would be pretty easy.

The hard part is people, stakeholders, sponsors, community relations, off field and on field strategy.

Some accountants have wider skills, like this, but plenty don’t.
completely agree. That's why I said an accountant probably isn't the best background - run a tight budget and reap cost efficiencies but at what end? Rugby league is about people & player development, as well as facilities somewhat, as you said... a visionary is needed, depends if we already have one at the club, only time will tell.

Could listen to that stuff all day.

Does anyone else think The Chad is having a bit of a back handed slap at DCE?

Ie Firstly a Player could get lucky wins a premiership in their first year because they are in a great team. It can be the worst thing for them as they don't work hard enough, be as good as they can be thinking it will just happen.

Secondly comments about Foz coming in, helping DCEs kicking game. Thirdly Foz will bring Leadership and be able to show the young blokes how to do the one percenters like a kick chase.

It a backhanded compliment.

You all know I completely agree with the Chad. DCE can be the greatest player in this NRL. I'm certainly not saying he doesn't work hard, just that he doesn't work hard enough on certain areas of his game.

And I do believe the Chad just said the same thing.

Note to Chad. Please add practicing conversions, kicks to ingoal, and pin point bombs, spiral bombs, and setting up for field goals.

No offence @Mataiforerver , but this just popped into my head as soon as you said "Correct". If you’re a fan of Cleaver Green you’ll understand.

When I watched that years ago, I laughed so hard but then realised I was guilty of saying "correct" just like in that clip. Changed quickly after watching it!!

Cleaver Green is one of my favourite characters.

When I watched that years ago, I laughed so hard but then realised I was guilty of saying "correct" just like in that clip. Changed quickly after watching it!!

Cleaver Green is one of my favourite characters.
Mate, I was guilty of the same. Larfed my arse off, then realised I was just as guilty. Haha

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6