ASADA Going Shark Fishing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The only thing them playing will tell us is that the Board have decided that them not playing will hurt the club more than including them in terms of revenue/sponsors/future of the club etc.It wont have much bearing on wether they are guilty or not. That will go through the process.What a decision it must be for the board.I don't envy them or their long suffering fans.

The other question is about the clubs who play them.What would we be saying if we played them and lost and 6 weeks later they admit to willingly taking the stuff. Playing them will open more cans of worms.

Stevo said:
Well. We'll just wait and see i guess.

I reckon if players are stood down this weekend we'll know there is a problem. If they are not we'll know if ASADA is fishing.

Yep, I guess so. There's no point speculating really.

So sit down tonight and see if "Oh my God" provides the level of excitement he's supposed to (they've certainly got the weather for a fabulous crowd), watch the Sea Eagles put it to the Donkeys tomorrow night and then a leisurely afternoon at Brookie on Saturday watching the Reggies and the younguns.

Don't you just love it when the other half is away for the weekend?

I might need a supplement to get me through the weekend (brown in colour and sparkling liquid preferred)!

susan said:
The only thing them playing will tell us is that the Board have decided that them not playing will hurt the club more than including them in terms of revenue/sponsors/future of the club etc.It wont have much bearing on whether they are guilty or not. That will go through the process.What a decision it must be for the board.I don't envy them or their long suffering fans.

The other question is about the clubs who play them.What would we be saying if we played them and lost and 6 weeks later they admit to willingly taking the stuff. Playing them will open more cans of worms.

Poor David Smith, he's walked into a potential nightmare for the game. As for Gallop, he's probably thinking 'I think I'll just go and watch the Wanderers this weekend'.

If I was the Sharkie's board, I'd get all the players implicated to sign statutory declarations and then they'd (the board) absolve themselves (and the club) of any responsibility should the players admit it later.

Stevo said:
My other half is away too. Bender!! EBC here i come lol!!!

I'm not sure that's appropriate Stevo (EBC ref) with Ben staying on the Northern Beaches. Given how many Bulldogs supporters troll this site we may end up with full houses in the pubs on the weekend and I just hate queues.

Must be horrible given the sharks were so crap in 2011 as well.

Susan it would be interesting to read the contracts the inddividual players signed with the club. This is in relation to personal responsibility and the duty of care with regard to the clubs responsibility in the management of fitness or rehabilitation. And were any of the players under 18 in 2011? That aside, it seems to me, with a limited legal background in this area, that ignorance can be a defense/mitgator, if the player had taken reasonable efforts to seek knowledge of what he's ingesting, that is from club doctors, not quacks or idiot types hanging around gyms. I for one would not be admitting to anything without independent legal advise, and certainly not from anyone associated with the testing authority, police or club.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Hamster Huey said:

Today I am BUT it's not doing me much good!!

Stevo has the best "likes given to likes received" ratio.
He is a gun at giving out the likes. Hang out with Stevo a bit more Mark if you are wanting to boost your like meter. ;)

DSM5 said:
Susan it would be interesting to read the contracts the inddividual players signed with the club. This is in relation to personal responsibility and the duty of care with regard to the clubs responsibility in the management of fitness or rehabilitation. And were any of the players under 18 in 2011? That aside, it seems to me, with a limited legal background in this area, that ignorance can be a defense/mitgator, if the player had taken reasonable efforts to seek knowledge of what he's ingesting, that is from club doctors, not quacks or idiot types hanging around gyms. I for one would not be admitting to anything without independent legal advise, and certainly not from anyone associated with the testing authority, police or club.

Yes DSM5, I think the clubs would be a bit worried about their potential litigation risk.

But, let's just all plead ignorance until something happens and when/if it does, it will be interesting times for the NRL and all the fans.

I really can't see the Players Association nor players managers taking a quiet stance in this regard and I'm sure there will be a lot of empathy from other players, if they think it's an innocent mistake. Interesting times ahead.

As Hadley said today, they haven't named anyone yet supposedly have all this proof.

It all seems quite bizarre to me, a bit like 'The tuck shop has been robbed, hands those who did it, because we know it was some of you.'

I'm sorry, let me restate it

A bit like 'We believe the tuck shop has been robbed and want anyone who knows anything about it to put their hands up.'

Jeez this is bad for sharkies fans. Imagine the diehards who've been following the team their whole life waiting for that elusive premiership.
This year they look to have a promising team and then whammo, on the eve of round 1 this happens.
Any nrl fan could empathise that realistically this could be any team.
If players are in the wrong I'm not making excuses for them but I really hope clubs learn from this and take major steps to educate their players on the disasterous potential of taking any risky steps towards giving them the edge or a making speedy recovery from an injury. What's legal and what's not must be pretty murky with new products becoming available all the time.
Sad day for all footy fans.
I really hope the sharks can come back from this and lose another premiership to Manly in the future.

When ABC News leads with the story at the 7pm bulletin you know its serious.

(On a side note they cut to the SFS and there was a significant number of Bulldogs fans wearing their jerseys at the game. Knobs! Dogs dont play till the weekend.) Hey Mr. I!

susan said:
In reply to RMD's question with regard to the actual taking of the substance it is a ""strict liability"" offence which means if the player ingested an illegal substance, knowingly or not,he is guilty and subject to a mandatory 2 year ban for first offence which can be lowered to 6 months if he co-operates.This is why it is hard to see how they cannot take the 6 months.

In relation to the sports scientists/doctors etc the player would retain his common law civil right to sue for negligence if he believes that the scientists etc performed his duty in a negligent fashion that caused him damage,although the fact he has been found guilty of doping would not help in terms of the contributory negligence which is inherent in negligence suits.That all sounds very nice but unless these scientists and doctors have a part time job robbing banks it is essentially a waste of time as their assets would be limited if multiple players were chasing them.

At a professional level If the scientists etc are part of a professional body they would usually be subject to penalties if they have not fulfilled the standards required by that body.In the case of a doctor this could have grave implications regarding his licence to practice if he was found to have knowingly prescribed banned substances.With a lot of these other blokes who are not medical practitioners,they often receive their qualifications via the same cornflakes packet your son get his footy cards in and their is no real consequence other than loss of reputation.This is why it is imperative to have these guys pass minimum standards of accreditation.

In relation to non guilty players who may have their livelihood effected by the actions of the guilty players (say the team folds) then it is also hard to see any real claim working for the same reasons as above.The club may be a target if they knowingly supplied the stuff but it would be very difficult and the club is basically broke already.

Susan I have tree dispute problem with my neighbor, can you help?

Clint said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Hamster Huey said:

Today I am BUT it's not doing me much good!!

Stevo has the best "likes given to likes received" ratio.
He is a gun at giving out the likes. Hang out with Stevo a bit more Mark if you are wanting to boost your like meter. ;)

808 "Likes" isn't much :p

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Is this the same Hadlee who carried on like a good sort about it all being a political beat up.Watch him ditch that position and start putting the boot into us for a bit of popularism.

Matabele said:
How can someone be pinged for something not on the banned list?
See post 152 above

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-ASADA-Going-Shark-Fishing?pid=472792#pid472792

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8