Arko on Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...-manly-after-hasler-call-20190209-p50wpz.html

There are some great expectations over on the northern beaches if a phone call between the great Ken Arthurson and Des Hasler is anything to go by.

Arthurson, affectionately known as Manly's "Godfather", was pleasantly surprised when he spoke with the returning coach a couple of weeks ago, despite having his own reservations about the 2019 NRL campaign.

"I've had my concerns and said to Des when we spoke a couple of weeks ago that I thought we were light on for troops,'' Arthurson told The Sun-Herald. "But he didn't seem concerned. He actually said, 'they'll be alright, and we'll do a lot better than what people are expecting us to do.

"It was comforting coming from him. He's not generally prone to saying anything [positive], if anything he's inclined to be on the more pessimistic side.

"He was quite upbeat and I was taken aback to be honest.

"Des was a great player for Manly, and I was a selector when he was chosen for the best-ever Manly side.

"He'll do a good job. He's very dedicated, and the one thing you can bet your life on is he'll instil some discipline into the side.

"Looking at it from a distance, there appeared to me there wasn't the discipline there should have been.''

Hasler and the Sea Eagles have kept a low profile this summer after what was a trying 2018 season.

There was the Jackson Hastings incident, the uncertainty over Trent Barrett's future - the former coach remains on the payroll - a horror injury toll and salary-cap and the salary-cap sanctions.

They are $34 premiership outsiders with bookies and on the third line of betting at $7 for the wooden spoon behind Canterbury ($3.50) and Parramatta ($4).

The Trbojevic brothers and Daly Cherry-Evans alone will make sure the Sea Eagles are in the contest most weeks.

"I can understand people being excited [by Hasler's return], but at end of the day the players will be conscious of the fact it's up to them to do it - ultimately it's how they perform if we win or lose,'' Arthurson said.

Jake and Tom Trbojevic said the arrival of Hasler had been great, but the players' hopes for the season were no greater because of the coach's return.

Fiercely loyal to Barrett, the brothers said Hasler had been firm but fair.

"You always wonder what he'll be like, but Des is a really good fella, he thinks about everything he does, and he actually has a good sense of humour, which makes it enjoyable," Tom said.

Jake added: "He's an extremely hard worker. I really like him, I get along well with him, he works us hard, but it's great having him back."

Trbojevic said the forward pack would be boosted by the return of Curtis Sironen, while the experience of Joel Thompson was impossible to ignore, not to mention the rise of young Tongan wrecking ball Addin Fonua-Blake.

Hasler's second stint as coach of the Sea Eagles starts with a trial on Saturday week at home against Cronulla and rookie coach John Morris.

E24EEB23-53E0-4A48-B171-7F979125ED08.jpeg
I have said before
Get 10 dollars on for top 8- top 4 and GF
The two second bets will be free
Also for the non faint hearted get us for a premiership double for 2019 and 2020

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird
Having a quiet one on the goldy last week with some stragglers

Well someone had to take the picture

View attachment 10655 I have said before
Also for the non faint hearted get us for a premiership double for 2019 and 2020

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird

Cool pic. Just a premiership trophy to make it really awesome.

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird

Seriously great photo
Really with snake teaching him this year it’s scary to think how much Tom’s game could improve and what levels he could achieve.
Great to see snake looking so happy, he is still one of the my favourite players and wish he was still playing.

Seriously great photo
Really with snake teaching him this year it’s scary to think how much Tom’s game could improve and what levels he could achieve.
Great to see snake looking so happy, he is still one of the my favourite players and wish he was still playing.

Call me biased, but I still think Snake was the best fullback of his era from any league playing nation. The records will show Slater who obviously had more success at both Origin and Test level (largely thanks to Qld's domination in the period), but I think as a player both in attack and defence, Snake was better.

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird

Every body loves the Godfather !!!
Long live the Godfather :h:

Call me biased, but I still think Snake was the best fullback of his era from any league playing nation. The records will show Slater who obviously had more success at both Origin and Test level (largely thanks to Qld's domination in the period), but I think as a player both in attack and defence, Snake was better.
You are right and I agree with you.

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird

What happened to bretts chin?

Totally Agree and billy had sCam and cronk plus a cheating team of rep players helping him.

6th

Barrett over his tenure of three years has the worst record of any coach in Manly history. The much heralded sixth with an embarrassing first round of finals exit to a team we beat by 30 the week before was bookended by 13th and 15th with some of the meekest capitulations ever seen on the peninsula a regular event at home matches. It’s was simply embarrassing.

Des has a three year contract as well.The roster Des has is a very similar standard to Barrett with minor changes at the fringes. Anyone who would like to bet that Des record will not exceed Barrett over that period does not like money. After all he only has to be our second worst coach ever to exceed the last 3 years of misery.

I don’t know where we will finish but one thing I’m sure of is the embarrassing clock offs and disgraceful defence will not be repeated or tolerated under Des.

Before those terribly serious injuries no doubt at all. Our best ever fullback!

You can get 300 to 1

Anyway
Back to the Arko bird

Bloody Arko looks a picture of health and happiness.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4