Are we lacking in the front row ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yes we are, our forward pack in general all need to step up this year, we were dominated up front last season
But not completely dominated? We got belted in finals by Storm and Souths but really we shot ourselves in the foot in those games by not respecting possession. Against that opposition, a fatal mistake and a sign of big match immaturity. If a few of our players have learned from that... we’ll be improved. Hopefully.

Our front rowers are fine,no issue.People seem to forget that last year we were decimated through injuries and some suspensions and struggled to find 2 props to put in the 17 at all.
Keppie is developing nicely as is Paseka and will be an outstanding front row for us,chuck in Marty,Aloiai,Boyle and Sipley,backed up by youngsters like Tuitavake,Fainu,Sykes,Fifita,DeLuis and we are well stocked.
Do we lack a psycho nutjob?Maybe yes,but Keppie is aiming up and is starting to show some restraint as well(if Boyle gets a chance to actually start and gets some consistent game time I think some here who bag him might be surprised as he has no fear).
People bagging Paseka are confusing,he was a wrecking ball pretty consistently last year and put on some jarring hits and will continue to do so and improve.
If Des persists on putting Walker on and moving Jake to prop as a regular tactic then we "may" lose some grinding type games,sorry but Jake is not a prop and has never been,carting it up and damaging the defensive line has never,ever been his forte,if the tactic continues to consistently work then go for it though.

Guess that when Jake is used or does revert to more of a prop role should be viewed more in context of the stage of a game when this occurs and when Walker is bought on . Certainly not is the initial 20 minutes or so but also including when a game has opened up a bit . Surely can not be any doubt that he can still be still effective there whether at club level or S O O level and of course encompassing his huge and reliable defensive capacity which includes plenty of critical tidying up around the general ruck area . Probably or no doubt the most well stocked position in the club , again considering that Bullemor is more then capable of playing there too . Jake can no doubt play anywhere in the pack and still be a leading light and from his junior days to the present would surely have to include a prop role .

In fairness to Marty the referees really rained on his camp fire a couple of seasons ago targeting him game after game. I remember once he played the ball and his foot brushed the ball and the referee yelled out "not good enough" and penalized him. He lost his fire and lost his edge fearing suspensions.

Guess that when Jake is used or does revert to more of a prop role should be viewed more in context of the stage of a game when this occurs and when Walker is bought on . Certainly not is the initial 20 minutes or so but also including when a game has opened up a bit . Surely can not be any doubt that he can still be still effective there whether at club level or S O O level and of course encompassing his huge and reliable defensive capacity which includes plenty of critical tidying up around the general ruck area . Probably or no doubt the most well stocked position in the club , again considering that Bullemor is more then capable of playing there too . Jake can no doubt play anywhere in the pack and still be a leading light and from his junior days to the present would surely have to include a prop role .
No offence Al but it doesn't matter the time or stage of a game, the one job that is non-negotiable for a prop is to be able to make yards...(defence is a given even though not all excel at it)we all know Des loves a Tolman type though....

No offence Al but it doesn't matter the time or stage of a game, the one job that is non-negotiable for a prop is to be able to make yards...(defence is a given even though not all excel at it)we all know Des loves a Tolman type though....
No worries , good to have some different analysis . Obviously and for various reasons, will or has been preferred as a 13 at Manly for some time now but still considered good enough and an effective enough role to play prop at S O O level Again [ just in my view ] , can still apply to club level if required or preferred . .

Personally don't mind Jake shifting to front row to allow some explosive momentum, which Walker provides through the middle after the early softening up period.
I don't find Jake as a bustling front rower, but thats not his strength, he has some silky ball skills that adds good variation and when he does decide to plow forward, does not swat defenders away like AFB or Nelson Solomona, but he does win quick play the balls, which in the modern game is every bit as valuable....this is why often on tackle 5 to set up the kicker , Jake will make that hitup and also if DCE needs a 1 pointer to win the game, the usual suspect to play the ball again will be Jake.
Also agree with posts in relation to Keppie as a potential enforcer of the pack and Paseka was a powerhouse most of 2021....both so young which must be taken into account as props don't peak till 26 yo, we are looking bright in coming years up front.

Personally don't mind Jake shifting to front row to allow some explosive momentum, which Walker provides through the middle after the early softening up period.
I don't find Jake as a bustling front rower, but thats not his strength, he has some silky ball skills that adds good variation and when he does decide to plow forward, does not swat defenders away like AFB or Nelson Solomona, but he does win quick play the balls, which in the modern game is every bit as valuable....this is why often on tackle 5 to set up the kicker , Jake will make that hitup and also if DCE needs a 1 pointer to win the game, the usual suspect to play the ball again will be Jake.
Also agree with posts in relation to Keppie as a potential enforcer of the pack and Paseka was a powerhouse most of 2021....both so young which must be taken into account as props don't peak till 26 yo, we are looking bright in coming years up front.
Yeah,but isn't that the role that Walker is coming on to do(ball playing),means Jake is there to defend and cart the ball up?

Our front rowers are fine,no issue.People seem to forget that last year we were decimated through injuries and some suspensions and struggled to find 2 props to put in the 17 at all.
Keppie is developing nicely as is Paseka and will be an outstanding front row for us,chuck in Marty,Aloiai,Boyle and Sipley,backed up by youngsters like Tuitavake,Fainu,Sykes,Fifita,DeLuis and we are well stocked.
Do we lack a psycho nutjob?Maybe yes,but Keppie is aiming up and is starting to show some restraint as well(if Boyle gets a chance to actually start and gets some consistent game time I think some here who bag him might be surprised as he has no fear).
People bagging Paseka are confusing,he was a wrecking ball pretty consistently last year and put on some jarring hits and will continue to do so and improve.
If Des persists on putting Walker on and moving Jake to prop as a regular tactic then we "may" lose some grinding type games,sorry but Jake is not a prop and has never been,carting it up and damaging the defensive line has never,ever been his forte,if the tactic continues to consistently work then go for it though.
I must be a bad judge but if KDL is not in the mix as a middle third to cart dirty and shore up the middle I’ll give it away….and probably get him for a pie and can of coke.

Yeah,but isn't that the role that Walker is coming on to do(ball playing),means Jake is there to defend and cart the ball up?
Not sure Joe - I reckon Walks is still growing in this role ....his prime job is to add energy in the middle of the park, which he does well....as for his distribution, the more he plays this part, the more we will see him both offloading and taking advantage of 2nd phase right through the middle.
Jake through this section will be Jake...a tackling machine and workhorse making inroads with quick ptb and with the occasional tip on or inside ball.

I must be a bad judge but if KDL is not in the mix as a middle third to cart dirty and shore up the middle I’ll give it away….and probably get him for a pie and can of coke.
I like him but he has limits and unfortunately it will always go against him,hopefully training with the NRL squad this offseason and some more time working on his game will help him get a real shot.
Why are you suggesting you are a bad judge,have I done a besmirch job on him in some way?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8