Are we in serious poop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
id much prefer this slump to be happening now than in 6-8 weeks time, every team has that little patch.
that said, its no excuse for some of the horrible on field performances we've seen of late, as has been said by many, it's time to let these underperformers know that their spot each week isnt a guarantee. insult watmough's ego and bench him, maybe the rocket up his arse he needs, time to blood someone now for perry's departure, he sure as heck aint doing anything for us at the moment.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183982.msg273539#msg273539 date=1278903567]
Let's just say one thing.

Earlier in the year when we were doing very well, who was on fire....Jamie Lyon.

Since his injury in SOO 1 he's played a little bit of one game (and then was injured again) and was VERY tentative on Saturday night.

Whilst the forwards have been a problem we have really missed this guy as well

I guess that's the point I was trying to make. If it's a good enough excuse that the dragons had players out, it should be good enough for us. Matai missed 3 games, Foran missed a game or 2 in there, plus Lyon. Some pretty big names if you ask me.
[/quote]

Were you not talking about the Canberra game? From memory Matai, Lyon and Foran played against the Raiders, did they not?  You were trying to make a point that the Raiders were going great guns by beating a severely depleted Dragons side and then you mentioned that we had Wolfman, Stewart, MATAI, FORAN AND LYON OUT. NO WE DIDN'T, WE HAD TWO OUT.

I give up!!!

I would buy the injury excuse but very few of the original points on this thread relate to on-field performance.

Moops link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=183982.msg273554#msg273554 date=1278906884]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183982.msg273539#msg273539 date=1278903567]
Let's just say one thing.

Earlier in the year when we were doing very well, who was on fire....Jamie Lyon.

Since his injury in SOO 1 he's played a little bit of one game (and then was injured again) and was VERY tentative on Saturday night.

Whilst the forwards have been a problem we have really missed this guy as well

I guess that's the point I was trying to make. If it's a good enough excuse that the dragons had players out, it should be good enough for us. Matai missed 3 games, Foran missed a game or 2 in there, plus Lyon. Some pretty big names if you ask me.
[/quote]

Were you not talking about the Canberra game? From memory Matai, Lyon and Foran played against the Raiders, did they not?  You were trying to make a point that the Raiders were going great guns by beating a severely depleted Dragons side and then you mentioned that we had Wolfman, Stewart, MATAI, FORAN AND LYON OUT. NO WE DIDN'T, WE HAD TWO OUT.

I give up!!!
[/quote]

I was talking about the last few weeks. My point was that players being out have a big impact on a teams performance. With the exception of Saturday, we have had players out the last few weeks. St George got done by Canberra because Saints had players out. Everyone is bagging the team because they are 2 from 7. 4 out of the 5 games we lost we had players out.

a
WAMF link said:
Maybe I'm missing something here ? I know Vid is a fanatical supporter of Liverpool but what has that got to do with the price of fish?

Vid has been decent enough to pass on information from the club to us here and to even go so far as to make enquiries on behalf of other fans. I appreciate this because he is like a communication line between the fans and the club.

He has also been instrumental promoting the value of football club membership. We should collectively (as members of the FC) be mighty thankful to have someone like him in our ranks?

Why have a crack at him?

I think it's not having a crack at Vid but it's the only official crack people can have these days. Vid really is the party line. The voice of the club here so people quite unjustly have a pop.

As in the old place you could have a pop & know the management were monitoring it. Now we have to have a pop & hope it's passed along.

Vid is a nice bloke - a voice of reason but I still find myself wanting to vent my spleen at him.

:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4