Are we in serious poop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
kind of but "a pessimist is never disappointed" suits better.

I don't disagree with you WAMF....and you are right it's not just the Raiders, although that seems to be the icing on the cake this week. A few more losses and season 2010 will be well and truly gone....and for those of us that have experienced the highs of 2007-2008 and even 2009 it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Dan link said:
Who honestly at the start of the season thought we would be that competitive this year?

I honestly thought we would be lucky to make the 8 and thought we would be middle of the pack and amongst the average.

I must admit after Stewie and Wolfman were ruled out for the season, I thought we were going to find things difficult. But after a few of the early wins, we looked really sharp and looked destined for bigger and better things, the we got hit with a couple of injuries and this disrupted us. We didn't play to our ability on Saturday, which hurts, but I'm confident we will turn it around against the sharks.

Dan, I had "medium" hopes for 2010, the new halves pairing was always going to be "and issue", and once we lost Brett we were on the "back foot".......I think the problem is we were pretty damn good right at the start (even with those issues)...and that's what is sticking with everyone at present, where has that form gone???

And is it the "other issues" WAMF alludes to that is causing the breakdown?

I don't have the answers but what I do have is hope that things may at least turn around a little and give us a bit of joy in 2010.

WAMF link said:
Maybe I'm missing something here ? I know Vid is a fanatical supporter of Liverpool but what has that got to do with the price of fish?

Vid has been decent enough to pass on information from the club to us here and to even go so far as to make enquiries on behalf of other fans. I appreciate this because he is like a communication line between the fans and the club.

He has also been instrumental promoting the value of football club membership. We should collectively (as members of the FC) be mighty thankful to have someone like him in our ranks?

Why have a crack at him?

WAMF, when spirits are down a sense of humour is a must. I'm pretty sure that Vid will recognise these "cracks" for what they are - ie: banter.
Now where was I..............."When you walk, through the storm, and win 40 - 0, it's all downhill from there............

Anyone ever thought that Lowe's appointment may have been for more than just adjudicating between Delmege / Penn?

I mean, would it in fact be very profitable to re-locate, and attain those rose petals on offer through the NRL?

I'm sure only clubs with poor memberships, poor attendences, and with a core of fans that felt disconnected would be the prime subjects of a potential upheaval?

As the intial post suggested, things can't have deteriorated to this poit in such a short time, without something bigger going on behind the scenes.

Maybe Lowe has been bought in by Max TO fail, and for a purpose?? As seen above, the runs are starting to be on the board....

I know that's harsh guys, but things can't be this bad, this quick both on and off the park.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Those are good questions WAMF....as to the answers.... no idea.

I do think that at present the communications between the club and it's members /fans, is at a low ebb...to blame the departure of Aaron Markie doesn't cut the mustard as I had a long talk with him at the weekend and he assures me the only \"systems\" of his that were left behind were the forum (now gone) and the membership revenue system (effectivly not in use at this time of the year). All of the other systems are NRL/Sportal and are (in his words) \"managed\" by staff within MWSE and that has been the case since early 2009.

So one person NOT to be blamed (or made the scapegoat)...is Aaron.
great post

Ryan link said:
Anyone ever thought that Lowe's appointment may have been for more than just adjudicating between Delmege / Penn?

I mean, would it in fact be very profitable to re-locate, and attain those rose petals on offer through the NRL?

I'm sure only clubs with poor memberships, poor attendences, and with a core of fans that felt disconnected would be the prime subjects of a potential upheaval?

As the intial post suggested, things can't have deteriorated to this poit in such a short time, without something bigger going on behind the scenes.

Maybe Lowe has been bought in by Max TO fail, and for a purpose?? As seen above, the runs are starting to be on the board....

I know that's harsh guys, but things can't be this bad, this quick both on and off the park.

All this speculation coincides with us having a few losses. When we were winning I didn't hear of all this turmoil, I could be wrong though. The cure for all these problems is a couple of wins. There are reasons why we have lost and it has nothing to do with CEO's, board members or owners.

Ryan link said:

I love a conspiracy theory.......but I don't buy it.

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183982.msg273471#msg273471 date=1278894096]
Those are good questions WAMF....as to the answers.... no idea.

I do think that at present the communications between the club and it's members /fans, is at a low ebb...to blame the departure of Aaron Markie doesn't cut the mustard as I had a long talk with him at the weekend and he assures me the only \"systems\" of his that were left behind were the forum (now gone) and the membership revenue system (effectivly not in use at this time of the year). All of the other systems are NRL/Sportal and are (in his words) \"managed\" by staff within MWSE and that has been the case since early 2009.

So one person NOT to be blamed (or made the scapegoat)...is Aaron.
great post
[/quote]

I was the first one yelling and screaming that all his many years hard work and achievements were 'undone', with an ill thought out decision. He is most definitely not to blame. Heck, it took the incompetent fools 4 months after his departure to start getting their act in gear. Add to that the months notice he would have given the club?
This proves we have no leadership and no clue.

Seeing as though I am clearly not the only one that would like these questions answered, I think it's irresponsible of the club not to refute them in some way, if they are indeed incorrect.

Only a sadistic business would be happy to sit idly by while their customers start mounting a case that there is massive trouble looming.

MPC...you are right (and wrong)...a few wins will take it off the forum, but the undercurrent is still bubbling along....and as such will reappear next time we put a string of losses together.

Is it a conspiracy theory???.....again do;t have the answer for that.

I'd say we are in dire straits and who is really surprised.
18 months ago we had it all and now thanks to an owner whose ego is larger than his bank balance and some muppets at the football club who are trying to remind people of their so called importance our club is on the fast road to hell.

We have a douchebag for a ceo, who max wants to sign for 5 years just like he re-signed moanaham. We have a media manager who has no respect for the fans.

We have done it all at manly, a record gf win to a record low all in 18 months.

Well done max and the muppets

MPC...you are right (and wrong)...a few wins will take it off the forum, but the undercurrent is still bubbling along....and as such will reappear next time we put a string of losses together.

Good point. I'm not close enough to the club to have a good understanding of what's going on at the club level. I do know that we have a good football team and that we will bounce back. I also know that the team that beat us on the weekend were no easy beats. They to have been in turmoil, supposedly. They were also a good enough team to beat Saints at Wollongong earlier in the year.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183982.msg273516#msg273516 date=1278900385]

Good point. I'm not close enough to the club to have a good understanding of what's going on at the club level. I do know that we have a good football team and that we will bounce back. I also know that the team that beat us on the weekend were no easy beats. They to have been in turmoil, supposedly. They were also a good enough team to beat Saints at Wollongong earlier in the year.
[/quote]

Yeah, a Saints team resembling a NSW Cup side. Fair dinkum, how many did the Dragons have out and they nearly stole it

Moops link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=183982.msg273524#msg273524 date=1278901186]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=183982.msg273516#msg273516 date=1278900385]

[/quote]

Yeah, a Saints team resembling a NSW Cup side. Fair dinkum, how many did the Dragons have out and they nearly stole it
[/quote]

Much like our backline the last few weeks (apart from Saturday). How many players have we had out in recent times, due to injury, suspension, state of origin.

MPC link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183982.msg273526#msg273526 date=1278901349]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Much like our backline the last few weeks (apart from Saturday). How many players have we had out in recent times, due to injury, suspension, state of origin.

[/quote]

Oh please, I actually remember watching that game and wondering how on the the Dragons were able to compete with the Raiders. Just purely on state of origin participation they were missing: Darius Boyd, Neville Costigan, Michael Weyman, Brett Morris, Mat Cooper and Ben Creagh. Dan Hunt and Jeremy Smith were also out injured. Full strength, the Dragons would have put 50 on them. Who did we have out, Brett Stewart and David Williams?!

Let's just say one thing.

Earlier in the year when we were doing very well, who was on fire....Jamie Lyon.

Since his injury in SOO 1 he's played a little bit of one game (and then was injured again) and was VERY tentative on Saturday night.

Whilst the forwards have been a problem we have really missed this guy as well

Let's just say one thing.

Earlier in the year when we were doing very well, who was on fire....Jamie Lyon.

Since his injury in SOO 1 he's played a little bit of one game (and then was injured again) and was VERY tentative on Saturday night.

Whilst the forwards have been a problem we have really missed this guy as well

I guess that's the point I was trying to make. If it's a good enough excuse that the dragons had players out, it should be good enough for us. Matai missed 3 games, Foran missed a game or 2 in there, plus Lyon. Some pretty big names if you ask me.

Moops link said:
[quote author=MPC link=topic=183982.msg273529#msg273529 date=1278901656]
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183982.msg273526#msg273526 date=1278901349]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh please, I actually remember watching that game and wondering how on the the Dragons were able to compete with the Raiders. Just purely on state of origin participation they were missing: Darius Boyd, Neville Costigan, Michael Weyman, Brett Morris, Mat Cooper and Ben Creagh. Dan Hunt and Jeremy Smith were also out injured. Full strength, the Dragons would have put 50 on them. Who did we have out, Brett Stewart and David Williams?!
[/quote]

The Dragons would not have put 50 on them. There is some ridiculous run Canberra have going over Saints at the moment, from memory it is something like 11 in a row

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6