Are we in serious poop?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

WAMF

Bencher
1. Poor form on the field.

2. Questionable form off the field.

3. A CEO who is not really a 'CEO'.

4. Inability to retain players. (Hodko, Tassi and now Matai, there is bound to be more)

5. Negligible communication re any type of update from the club to members and fans (it's paying customers)

6. Closing part of the official web site down. Ironicaly, the very area that previously allowed it's customer base to talk about the club they pay to support. Reasons sited were 'free speech' and 'no available staff member to monitor the forum'. If it's the later, which I suspect it is, then it can only be because we are short of $ at the office.

7. We have one of the owners reportedly having 'cash flow' issues.

8. A coach that feels it's his duty to give the followers of this club nothing (in terms of cutting short press conferences and not permitting cameras/reporters ect) who then pass the info and pictures on the same people that pay to support the team.

9. Our star player facing massive criminal charges

10. Major sponsor leaving at end of season. Hardly a queue to be on the front of the jersey right now.

11. We keep hearing the 'salary cap' excuse from the club.
Are we actually even spending the full value of the cap?).

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I am convinced that we have MASSIVE problems. The ones on the field are obvious. The others, perhaps not so but it saddens me to think this is not the same successful club that we all knew, any more.

If you think it was bad financially just prior to the Northern Eagles fiasco forming then that is nothing compared to what the club is facing. We are propped up only by Penn and Delmege. If one of them has to pull the pin because of financial difficulties then we will cease to exist. They wont be around forever and the objectives layed out years ago by Delmege to make this club pay it's own way have not materialised. Grant Mayer appeared to be on the way to achieving this until petty bitch fighting put an end to all that. Now Lowe and his deperate plans to take us to N.Z and P.N.G smack of plain desperation. The alternative is going to be very painful. Exist as the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles or dont exist at all.

It's all good.................

When you walk
Through a storm
Hold your head, up high
And don't be afraid, of the dark
'Coz at the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song
Of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed
And blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope, in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Alone

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your hearts
You'll never walk, alone

Geez, I thought there were heaps of inspiring verses but there's not much to it. Now I know why the scousers chose this!

Maybe I'm missing something here ? I know Vid is a fanatical supporter of Liverpool but what has that got to do with the price of fish?

Vid has been decent enough to pass on information from the club to us here and to even go so far as to make enquiries on behalf of other fans. I appreciate this because he is like a communication line between the fans and the club.

He has also been instrumental promoting the value of football club membership. We should collectively (as members of the FC) be mighty thankful to have someone like him in our ranks?

Why have a crack at him?

Those are good questions WAMF....as to the answers.... no idea.

I do think that at present the communications between the club and it's members /fans, is at a low ebb...to blame the departure of Aaron Markie doesn't cut the mustard as I had a long talk with him at the weekend and he assures me the only "systems" of his that were left behind were the forum (now gone) and the membership revenue system (effectivly not in use at this time of the year). All of the other systems are NRL/Sportal and are (in his words) "managed" by staff within MWSE and that has been the case since early 2009.

So one person NOT to be blamed (or made the scapegoat)...is Aaron.

WAMF it was in another thread where Vid howled down someone for suggesting our season was in turmoil, and he suggested that all of our troubles could be solved by whacking on "You'll never walk alone"

My crack was a light hearted one, nothing to do with his contribution to the Eagles.

clontaago link said:
Dont worry, Vid has put on \"You'll never walk alone\". We will be right from here on in............
..lol doug ;D

clontaago link said:
WAMF it was in another thread where Vid howled down someone for suggesting our season was in turmoil, and he suggested that all of our troubles could be solved by whacking on \"You'll never walk alone\"

My crack was a light hearted one, nothing to do with his contribution to the Eagles.
.. yeah i remember vids saying that also..  i knew you were just joking doug..lol..  inside joke ..

meh, I am not going to start slashing my wrists yet

The only sad thing is realising that with performances like last night, we just wont win it.

Unlike 2008 where you knew we could win it, even with a few minor hiccups along the way

AAron is guilty as hell, for setting a standard this crop cant ever hope to achieve. Azza had constucted a network of people that worked for free promoting the brand all day every day. It took him years. It took the club 1 meeting to destroy that.The club has made a decision the forum was bad and they are prepared to lose the members that used it. while that is fine , they dont have to lose the members as a result. It seems rather than trying to retain them a decision was made to cut them regardless and everyone in the club is fine with that. It should have been if we lose them thats a price we have to pay but lets see what we can do about keeping, most /some of them as well.Dickheads

Correct attitude Dan...look at the Warriors, in disarray a month or so ago, now into the 8 after having knocked off the front runners AT HOME.

I too was "gutted" on Saturday night, and am very disappointed in what I am seeing BUT it's not round 24, and we are not running 15th....so there's still time.

Dan link said:
The only sad thing is realising that with performances like last night, we just wont win it.

Unlike 2008 where you knew we could win it, even with a few minor hiccups along the way
..its the way dessie did things that changed it for us..  using only 3 players off the bench.. persisiting with bailey .. not blooding some youngesters  ..especially now he should be.. maybe with a bit of youthful exuberance we might  still give it a shake .. but at moment we looking stale..

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Correct attitude Dan...look at the Warriors, in disarray a month or so ago, now into the 8 after having knocked off the front runners AT HOME.

I too was \"gutted\" on Saturday night, and am very disappointed in what I am seeing BUT it's not round 24, and we are not running 15th....so there's still time.
Mark, its not the result against the raiders. Sure that peeved me beyond belief but there are soooo many issues off the field that I feel are being dealt with incompetently or secretively so as not to let known the true situation. That's a large part of the problem mate.

I'm not a doom and gloom person, rather someone that is willing to call a spade a spade. All is not well.

Who honestly at the start of the season thought we would be that competitive this year?

I honestly thought we would be lucky to make the 8 and thought we would be middle of the pack and amongst the average.

Sometimes it's good to have low expectations Dan, that way you won't be disappointed at the outcome.
Kind of like the 'if you do not try, you cannot fail', saying  :D

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9