Are the Bulldogs the new Roosters ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep , so very many ways to circumvent the system , which basically means the system is incredibly screwed.

I still bang on about my points system , but I reckon , done right , it could work.

No salary cap , each team gets the same but if the Roosters want to pay Tedesco 5 million they can. BUT they can’t have unlimited Tedesco’s because it won’t fit in on points.
I often see this raised and whilst I don't necessarily disagree I do have a million questions.

Like are the points reviewed year on year? Ie if Nanai signed a 5 year deal last off season is he locked into those points or is his value points wise now significantly higher as a QLD and AUS rep. If it changes year on year and you signed him to a 5 year deal but can no longer fit him in the points cap do the cowboys have to keep paying him but cant play him?

Is there a committee and discretion in the points reviewing or are their hard and fast outlines?

If discretion what is to stop clubs rorting that by paying the reviewers?

If hard and fast, are all SOO reps the same? Ie a centre the same as a fullback? Or is the spine more valuable? If the spine is more valuable what about a player who is spine for club but not for rep ala Turbo?

What is the statute of limitations of a rep player? Is it just the most recent season?

If most recent does Turbo not count as rep due to injury?

If its not most recent how many years? Is Klemmer the same value as Haas?

Are all international reps rated equally on points? Or are tier twos lower than tier one? If so is Taumalolo rated lower than Elliott Whitehead

Would Ryan Papynhuzen be the same value as Daine Laurie?

So many questions

I often see this raised and whilst I don't necessarily disagree I do have a million questions.

Like are the points reviewed year on year? Ie if Nanai signed a 5 year deal last off season is he locked into those points or is his value points wise now significantly higher as a QLD and AUS rep. If it changes year on year and you signed him to a 5 year deal but can no longer fit him in the points cap do the cowboys have to keep paying him but cant play him?

Is there a committee and discretion in the points reviewing or are their hard and fast outlines?

If discretion what is to stop clubs rorting that by paying the reviewers?

If hard and fast, are all SOO reps the same? Ie a centre the same as a fullback? Or is the spine more valuable? If the spine is more valuable what about a player who is spine for club but not for rep ala Turbo?

What is the statute of limitations of a rep player? Is it just the most recent season?

If most recent does Turbo not count as rep due to injury?

If its not most recent how many years? Is Klemmer the same value as Haas?

Are all international reps rated equally on points? Or are tier twos lower than tier one? If so is Taumalolo rated lower than Elliott Whitehead

Would Ryan Papynhuzen be the same value as Daine Laurie?

So many questions
All those would have to be worked out , it’s only an idea not the full on program.

One thing I think is that say you have a young gun and he’s signed for 3 years , then his points wouldn’t change until the end of his contract.

BUT, if he’s become the latest , greatest in the game then up go the points.

HOWEVER, I also see a discount for clubs that develop them , creating a better “ bred not bought “ environment.

But I agree , loads of things to work out .

Regardless it has to be better than the ****fight we have now.

Yep , so very many ways to circumvent the system , which basically means the system is incredibly screwed.

I still bang on about my points system , but I reckon , done right , it could work.

No salary cap , each team gets the same but if the Roosters want to pay Tedesco 5 million they can. BUT they can’t have unlimited Tedesco’s because it won’t fit in on points.
Your points system is the answer to a level playing field but it won’t fly because it’s too transparent and the players won’t like it either.

All those would have to be worked out , it’s only an idea not the full on program.

One thing I think is that say you have a young gun and he’s signed for 3 years , then his points wouldn’t change until the end of his contract.

BUT, if he’s become the latest , greatest in the game then up go the points.

HOWEVER, I also see a discount for clubs that develop them , creating a better “ bred not bought “ environment.

But I agree , loads of things to work out .

Regardless it has to be better than the ****fight we have now.
They would have to limit the term of contracts or else the richest clubs would just sign all the best juniors to lifetime deals while their points value is at its lowest.

how do we know that ? I would like t o see the roster with the contracts next to it .It appears their cap has no limits
im guessing here but the below adds up to 6.7M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Crithon 650?
What about their biggest star - Corey Waddell?

They would have to limit the term of contracts or else the richest clubs would just sign all the best juniors to lifetime deals while their points value is at its lowest.
Yes that would be an issue BUT how could they pay a junior one million a year based on potential , for 15 years ??

I think you’d have to have a clause that says “ points reviewed at the end of each contract or every three years , whichever comes first “.

Whatever they do will not help them on the 4/03/23 .
I disagree , totally.

Our team , in the last 7 rounds , wasn’t a team , it was a disparate collection of men not giving a **** passing a football to get paid.

Everything the new coaches are doing is about building the team spirit.

I think it’s excellent work .

Just a quick question to those who know.
The BIG 3 -
Turbo
DCE
Jake
Are ALL bred at Manly and I was of the belief we got rewarded financially as far as money towards the cap go's....is this in fact true, or does it not help that they are Manly through the grades ..... does this help us ??

The BIG 3 -
Turbo
DCE
Jake
Are ALL bred at Manly and I was of the belief we got rewarded financially as far as money towards the cap go's....is this in fact true, or does it not help that they are Manly through the grades ..... does this help us ??
From nrl.com
$0.188m – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game.

So we get 188k dispensation and that is total not per player. Not much of an advantage as all clubs would be claiming it.

The BIG 3 -
Turbo
DCE
Jake
Easts would never allow this to happen.
The Cap is in place to keep ever club equal.
No, seriously . . .

how do we know that ? I would like t o see the roster with the contracts next to it .It appears their cap has no limits
im guessing here but the below adds up to 6.7M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Crithon 650?
Hetherington has gone to the knights, I doubt TPG and kikau are on anything close to that. Maybe 700k. Burton's I believe kicks in after this season gone. 400k originally from memory. Another few have moved on but yes they've surely gotta be pushing their limits

Hetherington has gone to the knights, I doubt TPG and kikau are on anything close to that. Maybe 700k. Burton's I believe kicks in after this season gone. 400k originally from memory. Another few have moved on but yes they've surely gotta be pushing their limits
I dont know for sure but from what I have read and heard on the coverage TPG is 925 ,Kikau wanted 850/900 plus to stay at the Riff ,Burton was always on 500 when he signed with them ,and Crichton is reported to have signed for 3.3 over 4 yrs ie 825k ,so looks like there are a few envolopes getting bended . Hethrington to Knghts yes

I dont know for sure but from what I have read and heard on the coverage TPG is 925 ,Kikau wanted 850/900 plus to stay at the Riff ,Burton was always on 500 when he signed with them ,and Crichton is reported to have signed for 3.3 over 4 yrs ie 825k ,so looks like there are a few envolopes getting bended . Hethrington to Knghts yes
This is basically the exact breakdown,except Kikau is on MORE than those figures, or would still be at Penrith and Burton close to $800,000 now after originally being signed at $500,000.

I disagree , totally.

Our team , in the last 7 rounds , wasn’t a team , it was a disparate collection of men not giving a **** passing a football to get paid.

Everything the new coaches are doing is about building the team spirit.

I think it’s excellent work .
Bit of a misunderstanding here as I meant whatever the Bulldogs are doing (same as Roosters) it won't help them when our 2023 Manly team smashes them on the 4/03/23 .Let's go Manly .

While admirable, the Bulldogs will never come close to the Roosters in terms of obsession with finding every advantage.
Charcoal Chooks: Why Minichiello has Roosters on organic diet
"Meanwhile, Minichiello will host a function on Tuesday night to launch the club’s new $12.5 million centre of excellence at Allianz Stadium – the flashy facility is expected to be named after billionaire chairman Nick Politis. The training set-up spans the entire length of Allianz Stadium on the mezzanine level along the eastern grandstand."

Even with the salary cap some teams are building up an advantage by getting their back of house and systems in order. By commercial standards clubs have always fell way behind organised profit making corporations in relation to governance etc.
Any platform takes years to build and Penrith and the Storm have led the way in this regard. The Bulldogs are now headed in the right direction. It appears Penn has too read the writing on the wall. There will be more clubs like the tigers imo in the next few years as the gulf further widens..

received_1182884419098540.jpeg

Can someone clarify if a transfer fee is included in the salary cap? I have read that the Dogs have paid Brisbane a substantial amount for some young bloke.
I know there is supposed to be a salary cap for coaching staff but is this really monitored? I know a relative of one of the Dogs' new coaching assistants who says it's staggering how much he is being paid, and how his former club simply couldn't compete financially.
It is plain to see just how poor Manly is when compared to the pokie-rich Dogs, and like everything in life you can buy success. I look forward to the first match at Brookie when someone holds up a blue-and-white sign reading BOUGHT not BRED

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4