Are the Bulldogs the new Roosters ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone clarify if a transfer fee is included in the salary cap? I have read that the Dogs have paid Brisbane a substantial amount for some young bloke.
I know there is supposed to be a salary cap for coaching staff but is this really monitored? I know a relative of one of the Dogs' new coaching assistants who says it's staggering how much he is being paid, and how his former club simply couldn't compete financially.
It is plain to see just how poor Manly is when compared to the pokie-rich Dogs, and like everything in life you can buy success. I look forward to the first match at Brookie when someone holds up a blue-and-white sign reading BOUGHT not BRED
No , this question was asked and answered by a a few on Twitter that should know.

Can someone clarify if a transfer fee is included in the salary cap? I have read that the Dogs have paid Brisbane a substantial amount for some young bloke.
I know there is supposed to be a salary cap for coaching staff but is this really monitored? I know a relative of one of the Dogs' new coaching assistants who says it's staggering how much he is being paid, and how his former club simply couldn't compete financially.
It is plain to see just how poor Manly is when compared to the pokie-rich Dogs, and like everything in life you can buy success. I look forward to the first match at Brookie when someone holds up a blue-and-white sign reading BOUGHT not BRED
Interesting that Booze Rothfield had become very anti Gus Gould in regards to this issue , apparently the club ( from pokies ) has tipped almost 6 million in just in the last 6 months AND he wants more.

Booze reckons if they bring the no gambling card in for welfare recipients that the Bulldogs will topple in debt.

I hope the NRL are doing their due diligence before registering contracts because no other club, other than the star up Dolphins have spent what the Dogs have spent and its hard to believe that they are going to be cap compliant. I hope they scrutinise their third party agreements oh hang on that requires consistency.

Too funny!!
Interesting that Booze Rothfield had become very anti Gus Gould in regards to this issue , apparently the club ( from pokies ) has tipped almost 6 million in just in the last 6 months AND he wants more.

Booze reckons if they bring the no gambling card in for welfare recipients that the Bulldogs will topple in debt.
I wonder if it would have the same impact on the Penrith Club. Surely it must.

I dont think transfer fees should count in the cap and I think they should be more common for clubs releasing players they aren't to keen on parting with

When you say the Bulldogs have tipped in 6m from the pokies, where has this money actually gone to. It can't be cap money ?

Listen people, the answer is simple. Spend up big time on big name players, bust the cap wide open, do some dodgy third party agreements, Get done, cop a huge fine, get rid of some fringe players and just start again. How hard is that. On a serious note, I dont know how they get away with it, I really dont, but Im not going to stress about it anymore, because me stressing, aint going to change it

There was a story in the telecrap today about the amount of money Gus is spending at the Bulldogs .. and that they needed to get 5 million from the Leagues club ... maybe someone can post ??

The transfer fee is just a "business" transaction and is not part of the salary cap ...

327571100_754985412212898_8294832902765354778_n.jpg

Yeh only another $500,000 spent on a rookie.
I just don't get suprised when Dogs or Roosters buy players, more so that no one seems to question it....

When you say the Bulldogs have tipped in 6m from the pokies, where has this money actually gone to. It can't be cap money ?
Don’t know the exact breakup but widely reported on Twitter.

No can’t be salary cap

But could be juniors , transfer fees , training ( trainers ) , luxury extras outside the cap ( how about we include limo transfers to and from home each day ) lots of ways to make a club more attractive outside of the cap.

We probably don't have a Round 1 thread yet but ... we really need to beat the Dogs in Round 1.
Home game, a new start post-Des.
Think I'd better get along and add my voice, a win will really get us going and set us up for a serious 2023.
I see current betting has us narrow favourites against the NRL bid spenders.

See they are close to Spencer Leinu

Now salary cap aside (dodgy but they still have a heap of dross). Does this club have any Identity anymore?

Manly had a golden run and the Bulldogs thought, that works and got Dessie, Donny, Cleal, T-Rex and eventually Foran.

Now Panthers are having a golden run and they go Ciraldo, Burton, Kikau, Crichton and Leinu.

Trying to replicate gets you nowhere, build our own identity

Wouldn't that be a hoot.

See they are close to Spencer Leinu

Now salary cap aside (dodgy but they still have a heap of dross). Does this club have any Identity anymore?

Manly had a golden run and the Bulldogs thought, that works and got Dessie, Donny, Cleal, T-Rex and eventually Foran.

Now Panthers are having a golden run and they go Ciraldo, Burton, Kikau, Crichton and Leinu.

Trying to replicate gets you nowhere, build our own identity
Pathetic really. Hope they fall flat on their falafels.

6 years not been in the finals.
And their solution is to buy a team.
Maybe they need to merge or something cause thier long term stragedys have failed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4