Are the Bulldogs the new Roosters ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
how do we know that ? I would like t o see the roster with the contracts next to it .It appears their cap has no limits
im guessing here but the below adds up to 6.7M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Crithon 650?
Hethrington?

Where did you get those numbers from?
TPJ, Hetherington and Flanno Jnr seem way to high.
The rest are probably pretty close.

Even if they are correct they have JAC, Mahoney, Burton, Kikau and Davey for the the same price as Tom, Jake and Chez.

Not saying I'd swap but it explains how they have more shiny new things.
the figures are only from what I remember being said or quoted at the time
Hetherington I think has left so take him out ,Kikau was talking 900 ,TPG i reckon Im 100% and Flanno they have quoted his salary a few times I think at 550 ,so yeah its a lot on a few . But give or take a few hundred you are probably right they have 5 top shelf players to our 3 for the approx same cash

Another star signing to their ever growing list of “ bought not bred “ star players.

For a start , how the **** do they fit them all in ??

And secondly , is the power of Gus Gould still that strong ??

One thing I would say , if they are reasonably successful this year they won’t have any trouble attracting more top players there , and meanwhile, Manly struggle to get more that a couple of fringe first graders to come.
Well one thing for sure they don't know how to produce there own juniors.

Another star signing to their ever growing list of “ bought not bred “ star players.

For a start , how the **** do they fit them all in ??

And secondly , is the power of Gus Gould still that strong ??

One thing I would say , if they are reasonably successful this year they won’t have any trouble attracting more top players there , and meanwhile, Manly struggle to get more that a couple of fringe first graders to come.
Manly can't sign anyone half decent and the question always gets asked as to why? What ever the Canterbury Panthers are doing Manly needs to find ways of doing the same.

Ahh the filth dog culture, bread not brought eh???

As they did to us a decade ago trying to buy a culture cause their own one is crap!!

When Manly buy players we got accused of raping clubs and this mob get away with scrutiny cause Gould is leading this.

If im a panthers fan, im pissed off as their work is being profited by another club.

Why don't you build and develop your own juniors filth dogs?

Mr Laundy

I remember reading that Laundy met with Burton’s mum when the Dogs were courting him. I thought that would have raised eyebrows at NRL HQ as I cannot think of a reason why the owner of the corporate sponsor would be involved in recruitment.
Correct and correct. Laundy was totally upfront about his methods and it beggars belief the NRL didn't issue some public warning to him after these comments when announcing the sponsorship 2 years ago:

“I intend to become very involved,” he said. “I have a very large business and a successful business. I will do my absolute utmost to get Canterbury to a successful position in the rugby league competition.
“I like to talk to the players about life after football and where they intend going. If I can help them get there, I will be helping.”

Laundy is that rich from his poker-machine-and-alcohol fueled pub empire he doesn't need to offer dodgy TPAs. Same as Politis, all they need is the old 'I'll look after you well, trust me' and 'I'll introduce you to some of my wealthy mates, don't worry you'll be well looked after wink wink nudge nudge'

It doesn't have to be so crass as a formal TPA agreement on paper.

Which could be Manly stuffed up, our wealthy contacts maybe didn't come through on a certain deal as suggested, next minute we're busted (for exactly what I still don't know). And part of the reason for that is probably down to Penn not being rich enough to have better friends. And his unwillingness to invite other super-wealthy types to come and share in the glory of part-owning the Sea Eagles.

That whole episode was such a farce …

I remember reading that Laundy met with Burton’s mum when the Dogs were courting him. I thought that would have raised eyebrows at NRL HQ as I cannot think of a reason why the owner of the corporate sponsor would be involved in recruitment.

Anyway, the Dogs have been crap for many years so it shouldn’t surprise that they have been able to recruit some big names. Jackson retiring has helped them this year, and I think Thompson is in his final year of a big contract too.
Laundy was probably just talking to Burton's mum about a possible $500k/yr role working in his pubs business. It would clearly be completely unrelated to her son.

Last edited:
Laundy was probably just talking to Burton's mum about a possible $500k/yr told working in his pubs business. It would clearly be completely unrelated to her son.
Yep , so very many ways to circumvent the system , which basically means the system is incredibly screwed.

I still bang on about my points system , but I reckon , done right , it could work.

No salary cap , each team gets the same but if the Roosters want to pay Tedesco 5 million they can. BUT they can’t have unlimited Tedesco’s because it won’t fit in on points.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4