Are the Bulldogs the new Roosters ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Another star signing to their ever growing list of “ bought not bred “ star players.

For a start , how the **** do they fit them all in ??

And secondly , is the power of Gus Gould still that strong ??

One thing I would say , if they are reasonably successful this year they won’t have any trouble attracting more top players there , and meanwhile, Manly struggle to get more that a couple of fringe first graders to come.

Another star signing to their ever growing list of “ bought not bred “ star players.

One thing I would say , if they are reasonably successful this year they won’t have any trouble attracting more top players there , and meanwhile, Manly struggle to get more that a couple of fringe first graders to come.
They're doing a good job of not overpaying, they've signed some big names but no one is on near $1.2M.

I think if the Roosters had wanted any of their players, they'd have 'em.

They're doing a good job of not overpaying, they've signed some big names but no one is on near $1.2M.
how do we know that ? I would like t o see the roster with the contracts next to it .It appears their cap has no limits
im guessing here but the below adds up to 6.7M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Crithon 650?

how do we know that ? I would like t o see the roster with the contracts next to it .It appears their cap has no limits
im guessing here but the below adds up to 6M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Where did you get those numbers from?
TPJ, Hetherington and Flanno Jnr seem way to high.
The rest are probably pretty close.

Even if they are correct they have JAC, Mahoney, Burton, Kikau and Davey for the the same price as Tom, Jake and Chez.

Not saying I'd swap but it explains how they have more shiny new things.

im guessing here but the below adds up to 6.7M on that 9 players

TPG 900
Kikau approx 900
Hetherington 500
Flannagan 550
Burton 800
Mahony 700k
Davy 275
Luke Thompson 800
JAK 650
Crithon 650?
Of the above they def would have had to pay big dollars for Jac, kikau, mahoney, crichton... I think they over paid for Thompson & flannagan and initially got a good deal on the others.

They also had to upgrade Burton & supposedly going after Moses!

Def some creative accounting in action!

The DCE contract has been killing us for years. Once his current contract is up we will be able to balance our books with a competitive roster again.
We have also given Jake 200k too much per year imo. I love him but it’s overs for a local junior.
We need to be a little more savvy with how we use our cap

We got in trouble because some one didn't get paid and dobbed us in. If everyone gets their money the 'arms length' rule is basically impossible to police.
That whole episode was such a farce …

I remember reading that Laundy met with Burton’s mum when the Dogs were courting him. I thought that would have raised eyebrows at NRL HQ as I cannot think of a reason why the owner of the corporate sponsor would be involved in recruitment.

Anyway, the Dogs have been crap for many years so it shouldn’t surprise that they have been able to recruit some big names. Jackson retiring has helped them this year, and I think Thompson is in his final year of a big contract too.

And by the sounds of it, they havent finished yet Mark. They are still chasing Leinu and Mitchell Moses and still no one questions it. They havent lost to many players and they havent let to many go either

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4