Are Manly a bunch of chokers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
OK.. before everyone attacks me...

Do we have it in us to go all the way this year? I dont want this turning into an Orford choking thing as its not... as a TEAM i think Manly are chokers.

- We have failed to win from all 3 games in the finals in the last two years...

- This seasons 'pressure' or games when we were overwhelming favourites.. ie Penrith St George we lost both games..

Its not because we lost to the Bunnies.. i honestly didn't care that we lost so i could understand why the players couldn't match it with a desperate Rabbits side...

but even so.. we have a young side... who have little experience in the finals..

How do you think they would cope if we made the grand final... do they have the MENTAL ability to win it? or even get that far?

In my opinion.. i dont think we can.. i hope im very wrong!

I was being bagged by an eels supporter for supporting chokers until I reminded him of GF 2001 and semi final 1998!

The 'choking' tag is the biggest myth in sports to me.

We had the mental ability to beat the Storm in the most hyped up game of the season, we had the mental ability to come back from a big deficit at Parramatta

We have yet to prove that we aren't chokers. In the last two years we were beaten by better teams. This year we have been one of two of the best.

Big Question: Can we step up in Semi Finals.

Our first aim has to be to win the first week!! Then one game from the GF. Realistically not many teams come from the blue to be an aspirant. We have improved each year.

Watch this space and we will know in a month.

we beat Storm.. but at the time.. Storm were favourites..

But when the pressure is on Manly to win... seems the mental side of things always wins against Manly... or in the finals.. another mental issue.. we have not overcome yet...

There is no doubt that Des is going to rest some players this week and next who are carrying niggling injuries.

As a result I have a feeling we are going to get towelled up in both games because we will field an understrength side. Our loss to souths this week is worse than everyone thinks as it is one that we should have won confortably.

If we lose this week and next week against the dragons it is going to put even more pressure on the team to perform in the first home semi. I don't know that we are up to it.

If we are to win any semi's then we need huge games from Kite, Ox and Lyon. This is Ox's turn to show that he can perfom and if he doesn't then our season will be over with a couple of losses.

You know what.. i expect bigger and better things from the NSW fullback.. he hasnt been making much of an impact of late.. and he isnt a young inexperienced player anymore.. if we are going to do anything in the finals.. Brett Stewart has to step and get involved.. there will be no gaps for him to run into in finals footy. He has to go look for plays.. and run off players more than ever.. he needs to step up just as much as the guys you mentioned Tookey.

Look...the last few years (including early exits from the finals) were bound to instil some level of scepticism but take a look at what we have done this year.

1) Commenced the campaign by eliminating that same loss of last year to ther raiders.
2) Strung together longer strings on wins and more of them
3) Improved defence and attack
4) Beaten the Shark Park hoodoo
5) Beaten a much hyped game against Parraslacka on their home turf
6) Beaten 7 of the current top 8 and all of the remainder who have a shot at the 8
7) come back from a supposed slump of 2 games and then strung 6 wins
8) Have dramtically become the side that stacks on points first when the opposite used to be so
9) Our defense this year, as shown last monday is 2nd to none
and on and on and on

Whereas we used to suffer from that perceptible self doubt, ive gotta say i havnt seen that this year. They have the ability physically and mentally & skillfullness and have shown it.

I think the signpost is their self belief. I believe that can and will take them to the GF. But on that game day nobody can predict. For mine, thats the only question unanswered.

Look...the last few years (including early exits from the finals) were bound to instil some level of scepticism but take a look at what we have done this year.

1) Commenced the campaign by eliminating that same loss of last year to ther raiders.
2) Strung together longer strings on wins and more of them
3) Improved defence and attack
4) Beaten the Shark Park hoodoo
5) Beaten a much hyped game against Parraslacka on their home turf
6) Beaten 7 of the current top 8 and all of the remainder who have a shot at the 8
7) come back from a supposed slump of 2 games and then strung 6 wins
8) Have dramtically become the side that stacks on points first when the opposite used to be so
9) Our defense this year, as shown last monday is 2nd to none
and on and on and on

Whereas we used to suffer from that perceptible self doubt, ive gotta say i havnt seen that this year. They have the ability physically and mentally & skillfullness and have shown it.

I think the signpost is their self belief. I believe that can and will take them to the GF. But on that game day nobody can predict. For mine, thats the only question unanswered.
I haven't been to this site for a long time but why am I surprised that you are here and you have over 2,000 posts to your name. It's all starting to add up now. The personal attacks against me and another staunch Manly fan and you're a regular poster here. Couldn't help yourself hey? Its a pity that the Admin at MSE didn't have the guts to do something about you. I knew there had to be a reason why you were attacking me, all cast out of the same mould. Actually I apologise to Canteen worker who has never attacked me from memory and Matabele has been a model poster for awhile now.

There has to be a reason why Chocolate Monk targetted me and Corso Pete besides being drunk while on a computer and I'll find out eventually. He's the reason why Ryan and Fluffy from this site have had shots at me. Even though it is very difficult I came into the offer the hand of peace. I've got more problems than concerning myself with a few Internet squabbles. In the big picture it doesn't really matter. I'm glad I came in here tonight it solved one mystery. Now to solve the Monk mystery

:D

I dont believe we warrant the chokers tag, well not yet anyway. In 2005 we limped into 8th and got smacked, it was no shock. Last year we were a little inconsistant all season and got beaten by a much better side than ours.

As for Stewart not getting involved!!!! Are you for real Kaza, he has been scoring tries, making breaks I dont know what else you want him to do.

I haven't been to this site for a long time but why am I surprised that you are here and you have over 2,000 posts to your name. It's all starting to add up now. The personal attacks against me and another staunch Manly fan and you're a regular poster here. Couldn't help yourself hey? Its a pity that the Admin at MSE didn't have the guts to do something about you. I knew there had to be a reason why you were attacking me, all cast out of the same mould. Actually I apologise to Canteen worker who has never attacked me from memory and Matabele has been a model poster for awhile now.

There has to be a reason why Chocolate Monk targetted me and Corso Pete besides being drunk while on a computer and I'll find out eventually. He's the reason why Ryan and Fluffy from this site have had shots at me. Even though it is very difficult I came into the offer the hand of peace. I've got more problems than concerning myself with a few Internet squabbles. In the big picture it doesn't really matter. I'm glad I came in here tonight it solved one mystery. Now to solve the Monk mystery

Top of the morning to you Sideline. Nice to see that you are your usual, uncomplicated and chirpy self.

The Sideline Footy Mysteries.....sounds like a best seller in the making right there.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you should add a tablespoon of cement to your milk and harden the f^ck up.

Sideline - what you are referring to is unknown to me. I did see the Monk bit the other day and would prefer agendas from MWSE weren't dragged up here. Most of us have moved on. You views are welcome but the forum wars don't do anyone any good.

Looks like a vicious personal attack after an intelligent post by Jatz in the middle of of a Manly related subject. Farken crazy.

We're coming second guys, how on earth posters can say we're chockers is beyond me. Last year we limped into fifth/sixth. We carried injuries into those end games and paid the price for not having decent depth, end of story. We'll win in NZ, with or without some players, as the warriors are big, slow and stupid. Fast guys can eat them, dummy half runs from Ballin, Ox, Monas and Burns, if he plays, will catch them out all day. A slick backline is good as well. All the forwards have to do is hold their forwards like they did against the bunnies and rely on an unbiased ref. PS Does anyone have news on Dunley?

We're coming second guys, how on earth posters can say we're chockers is beyond me. Last year we limped into fifth/sixth. We carried injuries into those end games and paid the price for not having decent depth, end of story. We'll win in NZ, with or without some players, as the warriors are big, slow and stupid. Fast guys can eat them, dummy half runs from Ballin, Ox, Monas and Burns, if he plays, will catch them out all day. A slick backline is good as well. All the forwards have to do is hold their forwards like they did against the bunnies and rely on an unbiased ref. PS Does anyone have news on Dunley?

Lets hope our long kicking game is on song.

I kind of lost touch with the point you were trying to get across there Sideline.

I had a go at you on MSE, because the vibe of the Sea Eagles forums have been so positive of late, then you critique any poster of this site, just because they post on this site.

Don't feel victimised.

It's not like I sent you a private message threatenning physical violence or anything. That would just make me look like a mindless anal probe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4