API and Curtis news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For your info ....don't know how current this info is ....

THIS would have to be the greatest endurance performance of any player in rugby league's 104-year history. Gold Coast prop Luke Douglas will play his 150th consecutive NRL match this Saturday when his Titans play New Zealand in Auckland.

Only two players have played more successive games: halfback Jason Taylor (175) and winger Hazem El Masri (174). No forward, let alone a prop, has achieved such a heroic milestone.

And, remarkably, Douglas is the first player to play 150 straight matches from debut.

"It's remarkable, especially playing in the front row, he plays pretty big minutes as well, said Gold Coast coach John Cartwright.

This article says Taylors record was 194 games, so not sure what the deal is - but nonetheless Luke Douglas holds the title

Luke Douglas's new record for the most consecutive games played in the NRL could come to an end with the Titans prop having x-rays on Tuesday afternoon for a possible broken thumb incurred early in his history-making game against the Sharks.
With media attention focused on him unlike at any other stage of his career, Douglas broke Jason Taylor's long-standing record of 194 games when he ran out for the Titans on Monday night yet he may not get the opportunity to add further to it.
"I saw him just before he came off after his first stint, I saw him come out of a tackle and shake it a few times and he got back into the fray and I never really thought too much of it," Cartwright explained. "It was pretty sore after the game.
"It's a little bit ironic isn't it but typical of Luke he didn't let on about it. The doctor knew and he told us about it after the game. We'll see how the x-ray goes but if there is anything wrong... Sometimes they just have to operate if it's a bad break but we're not looking that far down the track. He's getting a precautionary x-ray and we'll worry about it then."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/03/11/douglas-streak-could-be-over/

Brett Stewart was just as injury prone yet no one complained! How many full seasons did Brett have from 2007 onwards??

Because Brett Stewart's value to the team was undeniable even though he always missed at least a few games per season. One of our all time greats. The jury is still out on how good Siro can/will be for us. I hope he has a great season without major injuries because he needs it.

Even with Brett's injuries he still managed 20+ games per season for 8 years.

Games per season for Snake:
2003: 1 game
2004: 17 games
2005: 24 games
2006: 21 games
2007: 25 games
2008: 24 games
2009: 6 games
2010: 1 game
2011: 20 games
2012: 21 games
2013: 19 games
2014: 22 games
2015: 22 games
2016: 11 games

At Manly he had Uate outside of him for the most part when he played centre. At Souffs I believe it was Alex Johnston who is also no slouch.

Here is the thing though, Walks is a right centre, Jorge is a left winger. To play them alongside of each other would be moving one to where they aren't comfortable. Besides, its more likely that Suli will probably be outside of Walks, unless he's the one being earmarked for Kelly's position if he does leave.
Johnston is on the outer at Souths, manly should slap him on the flank next to walker again

Funny how :wondering:
Due to his lack of game time and constant troubles with injury Laurie Daley’s nick name at the Raiders was tampon. “In for one week out for four”.

L Daley games played for Canberra Raiders, not sure when his contstant troubles were

Years App
NSWRL 1987 6
NSWRL 1988 19
NSWRL 1989 21
NSWRL 1990 20
NSWRL 1991 14
NSWRL 1992 7
NSWRL 1993 21
NSWRL 1994 15
ARL 1995 23
ARL 1996 21
Super League 1997 21
NRL 1998 10
NRL 1999 20
NRL 2000 26

If he's outside Walker, we've basically just crippled one of the best centres in the game.

Walker excels with blistering speed outside of him. See his performance with Uate? His performance with South's.

Suli might possibly be my least liked player to have ever been on our team. Bring back Shane Neumann!!
I dont think hes slow and under Donnie he will definitely lose some kgs.. hes a tank like taufua used to be and hes the best option
Unfortunately we've had quite a few injury plagued players......Brett Stewart & Steve Matai to name a couple. Sironen has been unlucky. Our team is so much better when he's playing. Hopefully Singe can get him back on top.

Hahaha......say it to his face!
LOL id say alot more than that the blokes been dropping balls and costing us games for years with his hopelessly woeful defense. He needs to be a back rower or learn to catch

This article says Taylors record was 194 games, so not sure what the deal is - but nonetheless Luke Douglas holds the title

Luke Douglas's new record for the most consecutive games played in the NRL could come to an end with the Titans prop having x-rays on Tuesday afternoon for a possible broken thumb incurred early in his history-making game against the Sharks.
With media attention focused on him unlike at any other stage of his career, Douglas broke Jason Taylor's long-standing record of 194 games when he ran out for the Titans on Monday night yet he may not get the opportunity to add further to it.
"I saw him just before he came off after his first stint, I saw him come out of a tackle and shake it a few times and he got back into the fray and I never really thought too much of it," Cartwright explained. "It was pretty sore after the game.
"It's a little bit ironic isn't it but typical of Luke he didn't let on about it. The doctor knew and he told us about it after the game. We'll see how the x-ray goes but if there is anything wrong... Sometimes they just have to operate if it's a bad break but we're not looking that far down the track. He's getting a precautionary x-ray and we'll worry about it then."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/03/11/douglas-streak-could-be-over/

This list probably does not include Ballin because he missed a club game in 2010... due to playing Origin.

I dont think hes slow and under Donnie he will definitely lose some kgs.. hes a tank like taufua used to be and hes the best option

LOL id say alot more than that the blokes been dropping balls and costing us games for years with his hopelessly woeful defense. He needs to be a back rower or learn to catch
Taufua's been dropping balls & costing us games for years??? Really? Yeah agree he's not the best under the high balls & sometimes his positional play can cause a problem but to say his defense is woeful......Jorge has put on some of the biggest hits you will see in the NRL & he's actually quite solid in defense. His career average Tackle Efficiency is 77.2% which for a winger is pretty good mate! Also 124 games @ 72 tries for the Sea Eagles > 1,72 tries per game or 58% strike rate....also pretty good! Rather he plays for us than against us.

Last edited:
Taufua's been dropping balls & costing us games for years??? Really? Yeah agree he's not the best under the high balls & sometimes his positional play can cause a problem but to say his defense is woeful......Jorge has put on some of the biggest hits you will see in the NRL & he's actually quite solid in defense. His career average Tackle Efficiency is 77.2% which for a winger is pretty good mate! Also 124 games @ 72 tries for the Sea Eagles > 1,72 tries per game or 58% strike rate....also pretty good! Rather he plays for us than against us.
Good player Jorge but to injury prone like Siro . Love to keep them both but chewing up to much cap nursing injuries. I'd be moving them along.

Funny, Feki has to play Reggie's at the Sharks already due to depth when fully fit. How many backs do they need? Feki here would be our best winger. Says a lot, really.
I will asses our wingers that we have under the coaching of Des not Trent . Everything that Trent touched turned to sht . He turned our team into a wooden spoon team .

I will asses our wingers that we have under the coaching of Des not Trent . Everything that Trent touched turned to **** . He turned our team into a wooden spoon team .
You can't teach speed mate. The games changed. List all the best modern teams, what do they have in common?

Super fast wingers , who are amazing under the high ball.

You can't teach speed mate. The games changed. List all the best modern teams, what do they have in common?

Super fast wingers , who are amazing under the high ball.
True . You cant teach speed . You can improve all other skills but you cant teach speed
As we all know ......
images (4).jpg

I'm really hoping Api and Curt have great seasons. They need to be playing and forming combinations. When it got tuff in 2018 we looked bad because we didn't have the players who knew each others game and who could perform under pressure.
I'm sure with the new coaching structure it's something they will be concentrating on.

I'm really hoping Api and Curt have great seasons. They need to be playing and forming combinations. When it got tuff in 2018 we looked bad because we didn't have the players who knew each others game and who could perform under pressure.
I'm sure with the new coaching structure it's something they will be concentrating on.
Siro had a great connection with DCE on the right edge - I'd say he's a better second rower Lane, even if Lane is the better forward. Scored quite a few trademark, backrower tries off short kicks and hole running alongside DCE. Let's hope that he manages some game time next year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7