Anyone else getting worried.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
The Eagle said:
Stevo said:

A post of your own intellegence,your really getting there in being the complete human being

A post of your own intellegence,you'RE really getting there in being the complete human being

Now f**k off

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

Keyboard warriors are kewl

Pleased it's finally raining somewhere else than Brisbane!!

One things for sure.....our current side doesn't look like the one which won the 2008 Grand Final, just 4 years ago.....and you can bet our 2015 side won't look anything like the side that won the 2011 Grand Final.

Sadly it's just the way it works.

Not worried at all , didn't expect last years result TBH . So will sit back and revel in the unknown of whats to come this year and beyond . One things for sure , the culture of our club will always remain it's strongest link to it's continued success . Enjoy the year .

Not really worried, whilst we don't have a recent culture of being aggressive in the market place we have a recent history of snaring a
big name target.
Kite, Ox & Lyon have all delivered at least one premiership in their time at the club and that's all we can ask for.
BK may not have a deserved premiership ring but HE did put in the belief, toughness & leadership that enabled the others to do so.
IMO if you can recruit a marquee player every few years to go with the
ones we produce then no worries.
I'd be worried if we don't WIN a comp in a 10 year cycle and we're well in front there.

I tend to think the more you expect to win a GF the less chance you have. -----> see tigers, dragons from more recent years.

Mark and Stu, you'RE correct. We just can't win every year would be my guess, but we have one this decade covered. All good.

eagles2win said:
All I'm saying is competition for spots breeds continued success

There is plenty of quality in the NSW cup, a number of blokes in that team who I feel we could be confident in if they were asked to step up to first grade.

The only area where that I worry about depth wise is fullback, especially with Snake's injury problems.

DSM5 said:
Mark and Stu, you'RE correct. We just can't win every year would be my guess, but we have one this decade covered. All good.

That is a very well thought out and INTELLIGENT post DSM5.

No point worrying about who our superstars will be in 4-5 years time when people leave, that is a massive amount of time away

Remember this time last year Cherry Evans was a nobody

Kiwi Eagle said:
No point worrying about who our superstars will be in 4-5 years time when people leave, that is a massive amount of time away

Remember this time last year Cherry Evans was a nobody

And after the first game he still wasn't rated, in fact, he was ridiculed by some... and the year was written off by some, as well. Way too early to make an adequate call on anything yet from any team. ;)

Life Goes on and we will still survive even if there is some painful loses at season end. Our club has great resolve given our roster someone like a matai or even ballin maybe have to be given early release to sign dce, foz and snake. After the northern eagles it took us 5 years of cellar dwelling while I cannot see the same happening if we lose a big name at season's end along with the departures of killer and kite in a couple of years we may need to do some rebuilding.
I really think if gifty did want to go would it be a bad thing long term, buhrer is seen as our long term lock and captain. While at some stage dean whare is our long term Centre how long do we hold him back.
Facts are perry should be throwing the kitchen sink at the halfs they are our future for the next half a decade.

Wolfpack said:
eagles2win said:
All I'm saying is competition for spots breeds continued success

There is plenty of quality in the NSW cup, a number of blokes in that team who I feel we could be confident in if they were asked to step up to first grade.

The only area where that I worry about depth wise is fullback, especially with Snake's injury problems.

That is one point of my concern and we're looking a bit skinny in the outside backs - specifically winger.

The tv rights deal will be the end of loyalty in league however it might mean some of the older players hang around abut longer

The reality is that this team will be ripped apart by the salary cap at the end of this year. That is going to impact badly on how the team goes this year with players more focussed on their future than playing footy.

The club has some tough decisions about who stays and who goes.

manlyfan76 said:
The tv rights deal will be the end of loyalty in league however it might mean some of the older players hang around abut longer
Not at all. Loyalty has been a very selectively applied concept in our game for a long, long time.

The ability to command loyalty, by firstly demonstrating loyalty yourself, was one of the greatest strengths of our previous coach. If a player can trust that he really is a part of the future plan, then that is a reason to persevere with his long-term strategy. That trust, combined with a happy and enjoyable team and club environment, will continue to be one of the few effective counterweights to large offers from other clubs.

Read an article in this mornings Herald about Matai, said he took a small pay cut last time to stay at manly. Hopefully some of the other boys may follow his lead but losing a few seems inevitable.

Just a question...who's in charge of player recruitment nowadays, one thing about crusher he had an eye for talent. I rated him as the cornerstone of our success, too me he was a bigger loss than Hasler.

manlyborn said:
Read an article in this mornings Herald about Matai, said he took a small pay cut last time to stay at manly. Hopefully some of the other boys may follow his lead but losing a few seems inevitable.

Just a question...who's in charge of player recruitment nowadays, one thing about crusher he had an eye for talent. I rated him as the cornerstone of our success, too me he was a bigger loss than Hasler.

Hasler only took Cleal because Warrick actually stayed

Hasler didnt want as much as Warrick

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4