Anyone else getting worried.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
While not worried about this year due to the fact we have retained the bulk of last years Premiership winning side.
I'm getting increasingly concerned for next season (2013) and beyond. The likes of Killa, Kingy, Nood and even Choc eventually will retire. Can't really see where the club's next superstars are coming from.

Our 20's finished last, our Reserves did likewise last season.
The light at the moment is the SG Ball side that is undefeated at the moment.
But no doubt the likes of the Roosters and the Dogs will splurge on this side for the U20's next year.

Our reserve sides haven't gone that well for a while now. All we really need is a sprinkling of players in those sides and the rest are there to make up the numbers. It's worked over the past few years. Why not next year?

Keep in mind we have some quality individuals in the juniors - the marquee players like Lyon will free up plenty of cash & you can be sure most players in the NRL would jump at the chance to join the Seaeagles.
Life goes on & so will future success at Brookvale. ;)

Manly success shouldn't be restricted to the top grade.
I think eventually to be successful you'll need what the Warriors had last season all three grades in the GF

eagles2win said:
Manly success shouldn't be restricted to the top grade.
I think eventually to be successful you'll need what the Warriors had last season all three grades in the GF

Those sides would be minning more, if we were a rich club. But we're not so they don't.

I think funding (specifically, lack of) to the lower tier sides was one of Dessie's big beefs. I understood that there was some sort of commitment at the beginning of the season to redress that situation by the MWSE board.

Results don't matter in the lower grades. Its about developing the players. Our 20s side over the last few years could have been a lot better but we've played blokes who were eligible in the NSW Cup, arguably hurting the chances of both those teams in their respective competitions, but in the long run the benefits will be in first grade.

Panthers & Eels have been dominating in the junior grades for the last 2 decades really and it hasn't worked at the top level. The Warriors are starting to get it together though, although its still too early to say if they are striking the right balance. You need to wait another few years yet to see if its worked out for them.

Sign up DCE and Foran long term and build the club around these two. Buhrer seems intent on playing out his career at Manly too. Three of the best young players in the game would be a good start.

I will rest easy when we sign Foran and DCE thats for sure , will also help lure players if need be when the time comes knowing they will play around a halves pairing of their class - i think we will be fine.

Also i think our NSW cup side should do a lot better i agree it prob doesnt matter to much the results but look at that side on paper with the inclusion of the few youngsters they purchased and also have smoking joe and farrar in the side most weeks. Tafua at fullback , riccardi from reports has 1st grade all over him couple handy props and backrowers could see them do well? thoughts?

Haz88 said:
Also i think our NSW cup side should do a lot better i agree it prob doesnt matter to much the results but look at that side on paper with the inclusion of the few youngsters they purchased and also have smoking joe and farrar in the side most weeks. Tafua at fullback , riccardi from reports has 1st grade all over him couple handy props and backrowers could see them do well? thoughts?

Disagree regarding Joe. Anytime he is fit, he will be in the NRL 17 somewhere.

I am more than worried. Its rained here for 3 straight days.

My canoe is half built.

perhaps but i think if manly want to keep some of the younger players they are also going to want minutes on the field to go with there $$ will Joe cause a headache with that keeping them out of the side with only 1 or 2 bench spots up for grabs, in saying that Joe has been great for us !
Personally Kite's contract should not of been extended, causing us a slight headache at presnt imo

bob dylan said:
I am more than worried. Its rained here for 3 straight days.

My canoe is half built.

Mine is under water, we had to bug out this morning after 250mm of rain with more coming but only thing that I am worried about is no contracts yet for Foz and DCE, come on Manly give us some good news!!

Lussick? Robinson,joe if needed , we have a couple of young props to that could potentially be blooded. That would also allow another bench spot at the moment its going to be rose,lussick,mauro and buhrer i imagine, if kite was to go could offer lussick potentially a starting spot that could of been a lure to keep him aswell still with plenty of back up having Joe also

The Eagle said:
Stevo said:

A post of your own intellegence,your really getting there in being the complete human being

A post of your own intellegence,you'RE really getting there in being the complete human being

Now **** off

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4