Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
His past coaching history does not fill me with confidence.
Can imagine the Bronco's forum will have a large lol@manly thread if we hire him (much like us with barrett/dogs).

Hey, they never said which club !!!
0cc791fa49821b50693722be1e7b2582.jpeg.jpg

I think he'd go ok. Get Foran back as attack coach, G Stewart, Kite or Kennedy as defensive coach and Joe Gualloavo (sic) to aide the Pacifica guys development and I think we'd see some progress. Hasler has had his turn.

Lol.. Seibold looked like a super coach while coaching South's. When he took the Brisbane job he looked like a amateur since the playing roster wasn't strong. If he is to take the Manly job he would be dumb since the playing roster isn't any better.

Lol.. Seibold looked like a super coach while coaching South's. When he took the Brisbane job he looked like a amateur since the playing roster wasn't strong. If he is to take the Manly job he would be dumb since the playing roster isn't any better.
Exactly as I feel and my those thoughts alarm me

I don't mind the idea of Seibold, it would be an interesting ride certainly.
I'd prefer Des to stick around as it wouldn't surprise me if he not only took Manly to the finals but jagged another premiership. However i do get an inkling that Des may not be that keen on the idea of being an employee of Mr Penn much longer @:D

According to the Tele, Des is gone next week with potentially Seibold the coach immediately.
What a joke of a club we are.

Big difference in a PowerPoint presentation and coaching young rugby league players. Just ask the Broncos.

Des, just agree to what Manly want, coach the team to the semis and leave with your dignity in tact.

Attachments

• 20221007_111316.jpg
    20221007_111316.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 69
According to the Tele, Des is gone next week with potentially Seibold the immediate.
What a joke of a club we are.
Big difference in a PowerPoint presentation and coaching young rugby league players. Just ask the Broncos.
I have a feeling old Wayne booby trapped the broncos on his way out, and the old boys club were all pumping for kevvie. Seibold had a substantial fall, in part due to his own hubris, but I am sure he would be hungry to prove himself again.

I’m not saying I’m for it, but I can understand some logic behind it.

Personally, last month I was all for Des staying on, but I can’t help but think he or his management have played a big part in the recent leaks (eg, Des suing the club). There is too much drama, and even if it gets resolved now, it will likely flare up again in 12 months time. Time to rip the band aid I’m afraid…

I have a feeling old Wayne booby trapped the broncos on his way out, and the old boys club were all pumping for kevvie. Seibold had a substantial fall, in part due to his own hubris, but I am sure he would be hungry to prove himself again.

I’m not saying I’m for it, but I can understand some logic behind it.

Personally, last month I was all for Des staying on, but I can’t help but think he or his management have played a big part in the recent leaks (eg, Des suing the club). There is too much drama, and even if it gets resolved now, it will likely flare up again in 12 months time. Time to rip the band aid I’m afraid…
It really is starting to feel that way.

How's this for mediation (and would require Penn to open the purse strings):

1. Coach: Des Hasler (extended to 2024)
2. Assistant Coach: Anthony Siebold (two year contract)
3. Assistant Coach: Josh Hannay (two year contract)

The club as a whole decides over that period who the players are getting the most from, at which time Des, the board, Penn appoint a successor, with Des going to a Director's role.

Members and fans both get the consistency AND changes (fresh ideas) they want. Des gets what he wants. Then everyone pulls in the same direction. And like I said - with a coaching team of Des, Anthony and Josh, good luck to the players if they even half attempt to pull rank and rule the roost again.

How's this for mediation (and would require Penn to open the purse strings):

1. Coach: Des Hasler (extended to 2024)
2. Assistant Coach: Anthony Siebold (two year contract)
3. Assistant Coach: Josh Hannay (two year contract)

The club as a whole decides over that period who the players are getting the most from, at which time Des, the board, Penn appoint a successor, with Des going to a Director's role.

Members and fans both get the consistency AND changes (fresh ideas) they want. Des gets what he wants. Then everyone pulls in the same direction. And like I said - with a coaching team of Des, Anthony and Josh, good luck to the players if they even half attempt to pull rank and rule the roost again.

This fails in your first sentence
Penn doesn't want to spend the money and we will only attract a budget coach.

Bellamy, Robinson & Cleary are on big money for a reason, they are the sort of coach the club should be chasing.
We will never win a premiership and only occasionally make the top 8 going the cheap option.
Our first wooden spoon is closer than a premiership.

I honestly don't know why Penn wants to keep the club, he must be loosing bucket loads of cash, the old saying you have to spend money to make money.
Sell it off and allow someone with deep pockets to own and run the place.
Spend the money and threaten for a premiership every year and sponsors will falling over themselves to be handing cash over.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2