Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Personally, last month I was all for Des staying on, but I can’t help but think he or his management have played a big part in the recent leaks (eg, Des suing the club). There is too much drama, and even if it gets resolved now, it will likely flare up again in 12 months time. Time to rip the band aid I’m afraid…

^This ... is pretty much why I joined the "move on from Des" camp ...

I have a feeling old Wayne booby trapped the broncos on his way out, and the old boys club were all pumping for kevvie. Seibold had a substantial fall, in part due to his own hubris, but I am sure he would be hungry to prove himself again.

I’m not saying I’m for it, but I can understand some logic behind it.

Personally, last month I was all for Des staying on, but I can’t help but think he or his management have played a big part in the recent leaks (eg, Des suing the club). There is too much drama, and even if it gets resolved now, it will likely flare up again in 12 months time. Time to rip the band aid I’m afraid…

That's exactly what Trent Barrett said. We know how his 2nd coaching stint ended up - worse than Manly.

Flanno is the man if it's not Des.

If this clown gets appointed head coach, I'll vote with my wallet next season.
Agree It will be a disgrace if this dropkick gets appointed

Ask the Broncos what they thought of him

I see him in Manly walking around thinking he is something special

Didn't Bozo tell him to **** off when he was assistant coach because he always thought that he was the smartest bloke in the room, wouldn't take bozo's advice and confused all the players with his highly technical tactics which none of the players could understand?

If this bloke is coach Penns choice must have been between Barrett, Sharp, Lowe, Maguire, Griffin and Seibold

Penn probably made the choice on the basis that Seibold lives on the northern beaches and won't ask for mileage money to travel from home to training

This fails in your first sentence
Penn doesn't want to spend the money and we will only attract a budget coach.

Bellamy, Robinson & Cleary are on big money for a reason, they are the sort of coach the club should be chasing.
We will never win a premiership and only occasionally make the top 8 going the cheap option.
Our first wooden spoon is closer than a premiership.

I honestly don't know why Penn wants to keep the club, he must be loosing bucket loads of cash, the old saying you have to spend money to make money.
Sell it off and allow someone with deep pockets to own and run the place.
Spend the money and threaten for a premiership every year and sponsors will falling over themselves to be handing cash over.
Penn wiped out the leagues club and is now on a mission to destroy the football club as well

He has probably trying to sell brookvale oval to the chinese to put up a million home units

The-whole-thing-makes-me-want-to-Vomit-Meme-1068x600.jpg

That's exactly what Trent Barrett said. We know how his 2nd coaching stint ended up - worse than Manly.

Flanno is the man if it's not Des.
I guess the only difference is that Seibold had achieved something at the Rabbitohs, whereas Trent had achieved… But point taken.

I don’t mind the idea of Flanno. He’s a tough nut, and knows the game. My biggest concern is that he’d bring his son to the club.

Initially I wanted Des to stay on, but there are obvious problems there with management which is becoming toxic and in all likelihood, irrepairable.
Des' management is insistant on pursuing a one year extension on top of next year and the club has basically said " Des, your time is up after next season, we have to move on", but Des' solution is to take on Josh Hannay as an assistant for two seasons and then for Des to move on, however the club is lukewarm on this idea , and also on Hannay.
The club is very warm on Seibold as an assistant for next year and then take over from Des, which means Des sees out his contract and gets fully paid and the club gets their first choice, [and there aren't many other available], however i doubt very much as to whether Des would entertain this idea.
Basically Des wants to have his cake and eat it as well,he wants to dictate to the club how long he wants to be employed for, this season was in freefall once we lost that vital game to the Dragons, for one reason or another, sure we had injuries, it was the way we were losing that was upsetting, the rainbow jerseys only served as an excuse for a deeper problem.

Anybody that has a good job won't jump out of it into the furnace here. I expect that Penn doesn't want to pay Des out so he might try to force Des's hand by leaving him no power or control and will want a competent assistant there in the event Des walks out. I don't think it will work as I can't see Des walking away from the money. Mr Penn just write the cheque and be done with it please we can't afford another season like the last the club may never recover.

Talk Des to sue the club for rainbow round , interfering with his chances to make the top 6 Hasler mulling legal action over 'pride' saga
Des is drawing a long bow there, I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't Des have to prove that the rainbow round was an act of deliberate saboutage in order for the affected players to decide to stand down?
It was just unforeseeable circumstances, anda dumb move by the club, but intentionable to saboutage a game?, no way.

Honestly, I could see Des saying “let me bring on Hannay and I will groom him to take over”, and then after 12 months saying, “nah, he’s not up to it, let me find someone else”. Rinse and repeat for the next 5 years.

Des is drawing a long bow there, I'm no lawyer, but wouldn't Des have to prove that the rainbow round was an act of deliberate saboutage in order for the affected players to decide to stand down?
It was just unforeseeable circumstances, anda dumb move by the club, but intentionable to saboutage a game?, no way.

I agree with the gist of your post .. other than your comment of unforeseeable circumstances ....

I believe the office knew there was a real good chance the islanders would have a problem ... and in fact I believe they deliberately kept the jersey from them til the 11th hour ... hence the 3 whitey McWhitefaces that model the jersey ..

Of course .. that was done just to try to push it through ... wasn't done to deliberately sabotage the season ..

According to the Tele, Des is gone next week with potentially Seibold the coach immediately.
What a joke of a club we are.

Big difference in a PowerPoint presentation and coaching young rugby league players. Just ask the Broncos.

Des, just agree to what Manly want, coach the team to the semis and leave with your dignity in tact.
Great response. We are in danger of becoming a basket-case like a few other clubs with no chance of premiership success for who knows how long.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8