Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Board have made there decision. DES is clearly out. Seibolds in. A transition seems more dangerous than just making the call. What's important now is getting the right support staff pieces around a new coach. With training starting next month the club just need to hurry up and start announcing what our new coaching and training team look like.

Those capitulations against the Cows and Storm more significant than the fear of rainbows.

Being unfit and mentally weak is getting a shake up.

Board have made there decision. DES is clearly out. Seibolds in. A transition seems more dangerous than just making the call. What's important now is getting the right support staff pieces around a new coach. With training starting next month the club just need to hurry up and start announcing what our new coaching and training team look like.

Those capitulations against the Cows and Storm more significant than the fear of rainbows.

Right about getting some stability and certainty in the coaching and support roles A S A P . Probably partly with the fitness aspect . Not too sure about mentally weak reference , . More like getting the right mix of playing personal in and around the ruck with a bit more mobility and ability to shift gears and positional play when an opposition starts to throw and move the ball around . And definitely some better communication and direction particularly in defence .

Right about getting some stability and certainty in the coaching and support roles A S A P . Probably partly with the fitness aspect . Not too sure about mentally weak reference , . More like getting the right mix of playing personal in and around the ruck with a bit more mobility and ability to shift gears and positional play when an opposition starts to throw and move the ball around . And definitely some better communication and direction particularly in defence .
7 straight losses to finish the season with only 2 of those teams in top 4 and 3 of the teams in the bottom 4...
Only the bulldogs game was close AND we got run down with a 16 pt lead...
I know we had guys out but so do the other sides at that time of year... we are NOT a mentally strong unit...

7 straight losses to finish the season with only 2 of those teams in top 4 and 3 of the teams in the bottom 4...
Only the bulldogs game was close AND we got run down with a 16 pt lead...
I know we had guys out but so do the other sides at that time of year... we are NOT a mentally strong unit...
Guess that the side just has to be more or better well drilled as well , Could overcome part of a mental toughness issue which is probably there even to a limited extent . . Even sides with average ability can still try to get the basics right and do O K if the discipline and resilience factor is there

So sacking a coach and supporting the 17 players who delivered those mentally weak performances is going to fix the deficiency in resilience??

I think this is doing the complete and utter opposite

We know Des’ teams can be resilient. We know this playing group has consistently shown they don’t have the a) leadership and b) resilience

All we needed was tweaking the squad over another 2-3 seasons and to keep developing our juniors (as well as focus on engaging the local rugby league community to bring through more juniors).

The main reason I quit rugby league was because I moved back from melbourne to the northern beaches and expected a thriving local rugby league comp. Instead 70% of the competition games were delayed or cancelled and out in western sydney because the harold matts were taken out of the side and the other teams were far away/didn’t turn up. They need to focus on the northern beaches a lot more otherwise the trend will continue.

Now we have an unstable club again that is expecting miracles under a wooden spoon coach and will likely go all in only to fail again in quick succession

Last edited by a moderator:
So sacking a coach and supporting the 17 players who delivered those mentally weak performances is going to fix the deficiency in resilience??

I think this is doing the complete and utter opposite

We know Des’ teams can be resilient. We know this playing group has consistently shown they don’t have the a) leadership and b) resilience

All we needed was tweaking the squad over another 2-3 seasons and to keep developing our juniors (as well as focus on engaging the local rugby league community to bring through more juniors).

The main reason I quit rugby league was because I moved back from melbourne to the northern beaches and expected a thriving local rugby league comp. Instead 70% of the competition games were delayed or cancelled and out in western sydney because the harold matts were taken out of the side and the other teams were far away/didn’t turn up. They need to focus on the northern beaches a lot more otherwise the trend will continue.

Now we have an unstable club again that is expecting miracles under a wooden spoon coach and will likely go all in only to fail again in quick succession
Mate .. i get it that you are hurting ..

But Dessie has had 4 full years to make a difference ... and here we are at the beginning of his 5th year ... and the bitch fights are even worse ..

He has had a head space coach just leave who was giving himself wraps ... yet as you say .. the team is mentally weak ... should have given himself an uppercut instead ...

It's time for change ...

A

Agreed that Des lead us back from the despair of the NE days but I reckon the role that Killer played in our GF sides should not be under-rated...
We made finals in 05 and 06 with Des coaching but got towelled up by Parra in 05 and then lost 2 finals games in 06 to go out in straight sets...
Enter Killer and we flogged the bunnies and Cows in finals games in 07 before losing to a generational drizzle team in GF and of course 08 followed... whilst we went out in the 1st week in 09 and 10, we lost to the eventual GF winner both times in the old 1v8, 2v7 etc system...
Killer was a winner and a leader of men - a shame that he wanted nothing more than to get back out of the city once he was done playing because we could sure use a bloke of his calibre around the club...
I don't think you would find one single person who underestimates Jamie Lyon's impact on the team and club.

My response was about Des, who through himself and staff he led put together quite a squad of established stars and those yet to be stars.

I dont underestimate what impact Killer and Des had on the club during that time, and let's not forget about Max D

1665623681585.png

No. It's time to tell Eagles management just how unhappy we as a group are. Don't be fooled by the Penn rhetoric. He sacked Des because of a personal issue. If Penn truly wants to win, he wouldn't have Siebold effectively on the books before wielding the axe. A coach who took a team to it's first wooden spoon, and is assistant coach at the knights, who have obviously excelled with his assistance. Penn either is entirely delusional, or he thinks that we as fans will follow blindly.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8