Answer to our problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
It eats me up inside to see us loose, but you cant single out a certain player who is souly responsible.
The team is under immense pressure from doing so well last year and the loss of Monaghan in a key position doesnt help.
I think everyone will agree we lack creativity in the halves. I noticed it last year but it wasn't as obvious due to the fact we had two geniune playmakers in Orford and Monaghan on the field. The stats for try assists in '07 shows it was a 50/50 effort. So in all essence we have lost 50% of our "potential" attacking ability with the loss of Monaghan.
Monaghan wanted to play halfback and i feel the club did the right thing by him letting him go.
However i dont think they counted on loosing Travis Burns as well.

So whats the answer ??
Personally i dont think its Jamie Lyon in the Number 6 or bringing back Cliff Lyons...
I think we have persisted long enough with Jamie and its clear to me and everyone else including Jamie that he isn't a 5/8.
We all know what he can do at centre, and i think he is the best centre in the squad... Hands down.
The answer to our problems at 5/8 is simple.
***GLENN STEWART***
I know he isn't a genuine 5/8! But, take note of the way he chimes into the backline moves. Most set plays we had last year involved him coming into the backline at second reciever. Turning the ball inside to Brett or feeding it out wider. He throws a great pass both sides, he is fit enough, he has great deffence and he has the footwork.

Move Jamie back into the centres with Bell.
The backrow would then be Williamson, Watmough and Menzies.

What about Matai ? Play him of the bench or in the back row.

Not a bad idea King.
Personally i would try Jason Wells at 5/8th who has a great pass on him (a big boot apparently too).
He is a big guy who is mobile and wont miss too many tackles.
Im pretty sure he played a little 5/8th in his junior days at the Bulldogs.

Hmm I dont know about Stewart but from what I have heard Wells may be the messiah. However since we have touted it Hasler will ensure it won't happen.

When are the team lists posted?

Dan link said:
When are the team lists posted?
  You're not expecting any changes apart from someone replacing Perry are you?

If it is Wells perhaps it would be a blessing in disguise ......

No changes to the team, 3 extra on the bench in Le'Strange, Hall and Afa.  Perry is fighting the charge.

Over the past couple of years, how many people have actually been given a shot due to someone's poor form in the first team? (ie. not including those who appeared due to suspension, injury etc.)

Move Brett Stewart, Lockyer made the move I can't see why Brett wouldn't be just as successful.  Glenn Stewart is way to slow.

DSM5 link said:
Move Brett Stewart, Lockyer made the move I can't see why Brett wouldn't be just as successful.  Glenn Stewart is way to slow.
**** guys take stewart out of fullback & we're really stuffed last year everytime he was injured we were dreading playing hicks or robbo there.They just wern't up to it look what happened at kogarah when he was ruled out last year we got done.Besides who would you put fullback.

I can't stomach the idea of Stewart not playing fullback. That is the best spot for him. How to solve the five-eighth problem I don't know - I haven't seen either of the games but it doesn't sound too flash.

I don't think we should panic yet - a win or two and we will be up there. I would rather us playing well at the end of the year when things really count, though of course we have to get there first.

I know it's way to early to make wholesale changes but if we continue to run around like headless chooks I wouldn't mind trying a game with steward at 5/8 and Matai at fullback. I realise he sometimes rushes up and gets caught out in defense, but his kick returns would be awesome and i reckon that Brett is gifted enough to give us some direction in attack.
I'm sure our defense again will get us into the top 8 but to go that extra step i feel we have to be able to put it together in both aspects.
I'm prepared to cop the bagging that comes with a sweeping statement like this, but it doesn't really worry me because nothing will change anyway.
My feeling is that it's the halves that tell the Des whats best for the team and that doesn't sit to well with me.

Matai is too dumb to be a fullback. You need to be able to read plays before they happen, Matai isnt capable of doing that.

Moving players out of position to fill a void is counter productive.

Glen is to heavy and slow and i dont recall any tactical kicking game from him in the past. So no to 5/8.

Can you imagine Mattai at FB ? He would go the knuckle each time he is hammered when diffusing a bomb or cleaning up an in goal grubber ! So no.

What we would we do if Lyon was injured is my question ? We have to bring in Nuemann or Wells or shift Beaver to pivot.

We all know Des will shove Willow in there or something now dont we.  

For me it's either Le'Strange, Wells or Beaver to go to the 6.

Bell or Vaeleki need to be dropped (both are playing like wounded dogs) Lyon moves to centre.

Lyon needs early ball wider out so he can carve up again. Personally, I'd go with Beaver. He is more experienced and knows what needs to be done. Ox would need to take on more responsibility. Beaver just gets early ball to the centres or takes the line on. That's all he needs to do.

No way in the world would I move Stewart from Fullback.. that's just stupid.

Stewart
Robertson
Bell
Lyon
Bani
Menzies
Orford
King
Ballin / Le Strange
Kite
Watmough
Glen Stewart
Williamson

Ballin / Le Strange
Perry
Cuthbo / Afamasage
Glen Hall

That's my team anyways

Was meant to be Stewart, but luckily most others on here don't feel the need to be that pedantic.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4