Another Channel Nine stuff up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the whole RL community got together and boycotted channel 9 news and channel 9 current affairs, channel 9 morning shows etc, all shows where the same stuff is on a different channel, we would get there attention pretty quick

If it started like earth hour where everyone turned of channel 9 and then continued from there they would be more than open to negotiate new ways . Until RL fans stop being such an apathetic bunch and support them bending you over there is no point whingeing.If you want to stop being screwed you have to send a message, not line up for another reaming

And yes i started doing this about 18 months ago. Channel nine goes on as a last resort in my house

Same old argument that the NRL would be fine without TV

Yes it thrived in a different age. No TV money and you would watch the game become a side note in history - swamped by Rugby and AFL

lsz said:

Yes it thrived in a different age. No TV money and you would watch the game become a side note in history - swamped by Rugby and AFL

There's very little money in netball, but more females play it than any other sport in Australia.
Money doesn't make a game better - 20:20 cricket proved that.
If you let TV dictate then there would be stops every couple of minutes for ads . . . wait a minute, didn't Gyngell already suggest that?

lsz said:

Thats a very unimaginative way to look at it. The footy needs the cash, channel 9 has a contract. Some things are not going to change. But many things like game allocation, scheduling like recently when the last few weeks of games was held back at the request of TV. many of these things are subjective and any united force can change ideas

Ive said this before so for some i will bore you again. This happened in qld many years ago. When the bronx were first admitted the sunday afternoon game was only shown in part. One half and and about 15 minutes of the other half generally. It was a farce, they would pack a scrum at the 12 th minute, go to an ad and then return with the score at 10 all in the 35th

A petition was started to boycott the above programmes, it was handed to 9 and the game was shown in full from there on

Never underestimate people power as they sell lots of ads in those timeslots too. The fans could take it to 9 and do some of gallops job if they wanted to

Appreciate the argument lads i just do not agree

The world has moved on as has the quality of the game

Re netball you can not tell me the standard has not improved since the inception of the televised national league (the ANZ Championship) and that is only semi professional?

And you can not tell me the overall quality of league has not improved since the increase of money? Yes we might miss some of the traditional elements however the quality (in terms of errors etc) is far reduced since the advent of professionalism....which can only happen with TV money

I'll bet that Eddie has had a hand in the broadcasting time. It is nuts to not promote the game two weeks from the finals and a top two clash, with bloody repeats. I feel for our Mexican cousins.

Captain of the Gate said:
The TV rights deal has nothing to do with promoting the game. Its about broadcasting the game so tehy can make money, and don't kid yourself into thinking any other station would be any different.

Broadcasters are the only thing keeping the game alive, without TV and radio the game dies tomorrow and when they pay the bills they can do what they want.

Bullsh*t. Rugby League was around before broadcasters and it would be around for a long time without them.

Relocate the storm to Hamilton island - at least you can salvage something from the miserable experience of watching them play.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6