Annesley admits ref mistake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And by the time the winger ran out of space and the play fizzed out there were about 3 Rabbitohs players around the ball. None of them wanted it, including Walker who immediately dropped it.
I can't stand the idea of diving for penalties and in RL it is unacceptable. Yet the NRL continues to encourage it through these ridiculous decisions.
Yes, it amazes me how it can take 3 or 4 players to tackle someone when they have the ball but a fairy trap is enough to do the job when they don't have it.

Mematic_meme_20190923_204516.png

This will annoy people on here more but I will leave you with this statistic

Both games against Souths at anz stadium this year round 17 and the semi just gone

Souths 17- manly 5 penalites combined for both matches.

8-2 round 17
9-3 semi

Both those games we were never given a chance to win .
Both games had a say in our top 4 aspirations and our season.

Both games against Souths at anz stadium this year round 17 and the semi just gone

8-2 round 17
9-3 semi

One word answer...agenda.

Imo I feel that the NRL have made a rod for their backs. I remember watching the 1973 grand final they had Keith Page as referee, 2 linesman, one camera angle players called by numbers and no on field discussion with players regarding penalties. Yet today we have a lots of cameras, lots of field mikes, 2 referees slow motion replays, the Bunker, captains able to question the decision. Yet with all the technology there are still Fark ups. why???
because those that make the decisions are human with human failings. In 1973 if there was a mistake made everyone copped it on the chin and moved on yes there was bitchin and complaining but it was short lived. Today errors are unforgivable due to the fact that they keep promoting how advance, and the state of the art technology of the bunker. So as a fan we expect correct rulings which match officials are incapable of getting right. Sometimes I almost feel that the decisions ae made after listening to the opinions of the broadcasters ie Gould, and Co. So the NRL is its own worst enemy. As fans we only expect what they promised correct accurate rulings due to the you beaut technology they use.

Imo I feel that the NRL have made a rod for their backs. I remember watching the 1973 grand final they had Keith Page as referee, 2 linesman, one camera angle players called by numbers and no on field discussion with players regarding penalties. Yet today we have a lots of cameras, lots of field mikes, 2 referees slow motion replays, the Bunker, captains able to question the decision. Yet with all the technology there are still Fark ups. why???
because those that make the decisions are human with human failings. In 1973 if there was a mistake made everyone copped it on the chin and moved on yes there was bitchin and complaining but it was short lived. Today errors are unforgivable due to the fact that they keep promoting how advance, and the state of the art technology of the bunker. So as a fan we expect correct rulings which match officials are incapable of getting right. Sometimes I almost feel that the decisions ae made after listening to the opinions of the broadcasters ie Gould, and Co. So the NRL is its own worst enemy. As fans we only expect what they promised correct accurate rulings due to the you beaut technology they use.
What did you say can’t read it so small ?

Annesley's statements regarding this match have shown him to be unprofessional and out of his depth. He should resign.

His initial reaction to Des ("tell your players not to give away penalties") was petty and inappropriate. He continued to make comments about the Jake sin-binning before he could possibly have reviewed the match properly.

His comments today about Parker not being in a try scoring situation when he was taken out are just laughable. He's tying himself in knots trying not to admit we were dudded. He's shown himself to be a complete clown.
He was a failure as a politician, he was a failure as CEO of the Titans, these qualifications make him a perfect fit for an NRL administrative position

8-2 round 17
9-3 semi

Both these games Manly was the better team

Both these games Manly was the better team
That is so true

Suprised I did not get kicked out of the members stands both games I was so livid at the end and during both games.

We were robbed both matches

You can bet when the draw comes out soon for next year our boys will circle the dates when we play them next year.

Can’t wait for the season when Souths are contending again
For the spoon of course:):)

Reading the fine print?

Post of the year. Well said buddy

I say, can you...

I say, can you please speak up?!?!?

Same with cricket. Cricket and hotspot can get f@#$ed. Sick of it. Make a decision and stiff sh!t if it's wrong. VMO in rugby. Takes the emotion out of scoring tries, you don't know to cheer or cry. Soccer, same. I hate it. Games are becoming NFL length to cater for the incessant replays.

100% footy is on soon. I reckon Gus is going to tee off ...

If Parker stays down ( pretty sure everyone in coaches box would have been yelling for it)......and wait for a replay and get a penalty the whole context of the game changes
Jake wouldn’t get sin binned neither Parker
To say the refs missed it is bs ...I bet they were glad when Parker gets straight up...idiot !
They didn’t want another SB controversy
Without the refs help Souths had no chance we were clearly the better team
How on earth does the game go for 50 min and we don’t get a penalty
A number of times we deserved a penalty for getting held down to long
For our part though so many rookie mistakes
We had 6 players the rest were carrying

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4