Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sheridanstand78 said:
Have a look at this link.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2013/10/28/russia-abuses-tarnish-100-day-countdown-winter-olympics

This will give you an understanding of what I have been talking about.

I don't see anything in that article of great depth in relation to the law beyond my current limited understanding. I did read something about people waving rainbow flags taken to the police station but no charges mentioned.

"In June 2013 the Russian Duma passed a law banning dissemination among children of any information “promoting” “non-traditional sexual relationships” and providing a “distorted notion of social equivalence of traditional and nontraditional sexual relationships.” The ban applies to the press, television, radio, and the Internet. Although the law does not define “non-traditional,” it is widely understood to mean lesbian, gay, and bisexual relationships."

What do you mean by " Imposing horrible laws if Gay and Lesbian people dare to be themselves." I don't think the law is about Gay or Lesbians in public holding hands or kissing but about propaganda and promotion.

Have a look at the IOC charter

http://www.olympic.org/about-ioc-institution

The attitude of the Russian government is a threat to this.

If you think its fair that people are discriminated by their sexuality then you have no problem with the Russians.

Their laws which basically are going to outlaw gay rights is a problem. The Russians are where Australia was in 1978.

Time will change this.

sheridanstand78 said:

If you think its fair that people are discriminated by their sexuality then you have no problem with the Russians.

Their laws which basically are going to outlaw gay rights is a problem. The Russians are where Australia was in 1978.

Time will change this.

Is it illegal to be gay, lesbian or bisexual in Russia? Ones sexual preference,kink, fetish or turn on is a private matter.

I have no problem with sex education and identifying Gay/Lesbian sex in this manner but promoting any form of sexual lifestyle be it gay,lesbian, having a 3some, bondage, straight or gay public sex etc etc to minors is not necessary.

Darren said:
Trying to keep Russia on the straight and narrow.
[edited to remove personal abuse - remember the terms and conditions please]
I love how organised religion and it's leaders are so bigoted and ignorant towards gay people yet look at all those peadophile priests that have preyed on young boys destroying countless lives.

So hypocritical

Shouldn't this be in General Discussion or something else?

I thought homosexuals are supposed to be creative??
- Why rob the word "gay" of its original meaning and not create a new word?
- Why hijack the "rainbow" from a kid's favourite symbol to be the homosexual banner?
- Why expect to change the meaning of the word "marriage" as the social institution under which a man and woman to establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments? By this, not as a husband and husband nor a wife and a wife? Why not create a new word?

Surely, the next step would be to take legal action against nature for denying a man from being able to impregnate another man up the chocolate starfish or a woman likewise with another woman by way of her tongue?

Maybe it's just science's fault because people were not evolved that way. Just because some people want to do things differently, no matter how we try to justify it and to be fair and politically correct, none of us can make this right as nature did not intend it that way.

Here's the challenge to all the homo friends out there. Learn to be creative and invent new words and cease to rob existing words of their original meaning.

I would just like to bring this thread back to a point that satisfies Manly footy enthusiasts.

A chocolate starfish somehow does not meet the necessary criteria.

So lets all please drop the sexual proclivities discussion so as to keep this all towards the way the football gods intended.

Technical Coach said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Time will change this.

Is it illegal to be gay, lesbian or bisexual in Russia? Ones sexual preference,kink, fetish or turn on is a private matter.

I have no problem with sex education and identifying Gay/Lesbian sex in this manner but promoting any form of sexual lifestyle be it gay,lesbian, having a 3some, bondage, straight or gay public sex etc etc to minors is not necessary.

Tc I would think the issue here is education of young people

As you can read from the Webster article clearly it is difficult for some gay people to accept and work through their sexuality

My understanding of the Russian law is that it will remove the support systems for the vulnerable people going through this

I have a young son - if he is gay I hope he receives all the support possible

Well said , this is what the issue is in Russia and why the IOC need to stand up to the Russian government.

So many kids who come out suffer, thats a fact, so any help they get is badly needed.

This debate has been a good one, we all agree to disagree on somethings, as long as it doesnt get abusive.

Most of the comments here have been fair.

Tc I would think the issue here is education of young people

As you can read from the Webster article clearly it is difficult for some gay people to accept and work through their sexuality

My understanding of the Russian law is that it will remove the support systems for the vulnerable people going through this

I have a young son - if he is gay I hope he receives all the support possible
[/quote]

Cam, grub, vile etc amazing how when I write something it's this but you abuse most people and it's okay? It was a joke, lighten up!! At least you have stopped writing I want us to lose. Maybe you could get involved in a local church and meet some actual people instead of calling all of us scum instead. You have no idea what most churches do and what my role is. I don't agree with homosexuality but don't agree with Stig in the way he spoke it.

Religion is the cause of most of the world's problems, but I guess that's what nature intended.

Darren said:
Cam, grub, vile etc amazing how when I write something it's this but you abuse most people and it's okay? It was a joke, lighten up!! At least you have stopped writing I want us to lose. Maybe you could get involved in a local church and meet some actual people instead of calling all of us scum instead. You have no idea what most churches do and what my role is. I don't agree with homosexuality but don't agree with Stig in the way he spoke it.
Why would you joke about it,didn't you read webby's article it something that almost drove him to suicide.

Watched Sunday Night last night. There was an interview with Yoko.
She's an absolute trouper for 80 years old and has copped abuse and discrimination her whole life.

Thought it might be a good time to remember a slightly famous line from her late husband - Imagine all the people living life in peace.

In my opinion people who can open their minds and see past the restrictions and brainwashing society imposes on us will see the beauty of the diverse world we live in.

(points for being serious?):angel: GO Manly!

MadMarcus said:
I'm not going to comment about the homosexuality stuff, but I'm damn sure nature never intended a try to be scored in a grand final off a forward pass.

That decision was so gay.

MadMarcus said:
I'm not going to comment about the homosexuality stuff, but I'm damn sure nature never intended a try to be scored in a grand final off a forward pass.
Religious refereeing is responsible for the demonisation of the forward pass.
A preference for forward or backward passing should be completely up to the individual.
Shane Hayne has shown us the way with his non directional refereeing.

CAMBO said:
Darren said:
Trying to keep Russia on the straight and narrow.
[edited to remove personal abuse - remember the terms and conditions please]
I love how organised religion and it's leaders are so bigoted and ignorant towards gay people yet look at all those peadophile priests that have preyed on young boys destroying countless lives.

So hypocritical

Why was part of Cam's post deleted? Everyone's entitled to their opinion :p
Not to mention it was spot on.

Was only a matter of time before someone mentioned "I don't agree with homosexuality and, at my church" in the same post.

Yet again religion rears it's ugly head.

Darren said:

Churches brainwash people and persuade them to believe in matters that suit their integrity and bank account.

You will not have sex until marriage
You will not wear condoms
You will not have an abortion

Churches can't afford to clothe and feed every starving or poor child born to neglective parents yet they're quick to defend their 'pro life' bull****.

They can't cure aids either but 'god forbid' you use a condom.

Sick. And anyone who devotes their lives to something they cannot prove is real is uneducated and arrogant.

You know, why do we even have such a discussion?

Think about it we label someone as a "pole smoker" a "fag" etc, etc, etc.

I grew up in the 70's where gay bashing was considered sport (that I never entered into by the way.) My aunty once asked me, "what would you do if a gay man asked you for sex?" I answered I'd probably punch his teeth out. She replied, "how many teeth would you have lost if every time you asked a woman for sex if she took the same action?"

I would expect most people would think about sexual activities or participate in a sexual activity for around an hour a day. I think if you are doing it more than that you may need help. But each to their own. I have noticed that as I get older I tend to think of it less and less and participate in it less frequently than when I was in my 20's.

So even taking the one hour a day as around the norm that means sex would occupy about 7 hours per week.

I spend more time commuting to and from work.

I spend more time sleeping.

I spend more time doing my work.

I spend more time watching TV.

I could go on but lets put it into it's perspective - why label someone a homosexual as a time thing less than 5% of your total weekly time.

As a God-fearing man I don't judge homosexuals I'll leave that up to Him.

Let's just get on with life and love and making this world a better place when we leave it than when we entered it.

Just my thoughts folks and no offence is intended to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4