Andrew Davey from the Eels ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This year showed us we needed a classy play maker with big match winning experience and we got him in Foran .
I have not seen Davey play in the finals . What is your take on him ?
Cannot remember too many players who made their NRL debut at 28 and went on to be successful

Didn't provide any impact off the bench in any of the parra matches that I have watched and looks to be NSW cup standard Missed a couple of tackles which he should have made

Unfortunately Foran's best days are behind him and he is now injury prone We saw with Cordner on the weekend that he is now reluctant to make the big collisions because he is worried about getting knocked out again Foran is the same in case he does his shoulder or pec or hammy

Semis can be lost on one missed tackle

I worry that he will end up playing 5/8 and we will lose Schuster as a result

Absolute rubbish signing.

If you want to see how good he is, watch the try that Reynolds set up on the weekend for Cam Murray.

There is a reason this guy didn't play fg until he was 28...it's cause he is ****.

Another slow and old second grader...I'd rather we'd kept Waddell and that's saying something
So not too bad then?

I'm actually a little shocked people are taking offence to this signing. Head over to the eels forums if you are desperate or think he is absolutely rubbish. He is not a star, no. He is a worker and has a good offload in him. Complete upgrade from Corey 'duck' Waddell and although he isn't here to replace Joel T (likely Olakautau's job), Joel T had a pretty nothing season (fair enough given his age and time in the game).

Just had a quick look over eels way and here are a few quotes.

"Would much rather keep Davey and shop around Lane to other clubs.
Lane's effort in defence has been so disappointing in the last month"

"he’s more than just a back up the last month"

"Davey would've been offered more than we want to pay for a backup."

"If Stone / Schneider are going better, BA will pick them. He showed this year he is willing to pick rookies over experienced players if they are better options (Field / Davey / Stefo all picked)"

Last edited by a moderator:
Davey is the new Waddell and in my opinion, is waaaaaay better than Corey.
He showed in 8 games more than Waddell has the entire time he’s been with us.

Look forward to the upgrade in depth he provides on the field and the contrast in attitude, focus, perseverance he provides off the field in relation to our younger guys.

Guy runs amazing lines and into holes. Everything is at speed. Love it.

Absolute rubbish signing.

If you want to see how good he is, watch the try that Reynolds set up on the weekend for Cam Murray.

There is a reason this guy didn't play fg until he was 28...it's cause he is ****.

Another slow and old second grader...I'd rather we'd kept Waddell and that's saying something

Davey seems to run a line harder and faster than Waddell.
That's about as positive as I can get about it.

In saying that, I watched Waddell trial against the Roosters at Gosford when we first signed him, and he was clearly a class above the reserve graders. A pity it didn't really translate to a quality career here as I had higher hopes for him.

Thanks
Guy runs amazing lines and into holes. Everything is at speed. Love it.
The big picture question is Not how amazing a player runs but how many amazing metres and line breaks does he make in a game ?

I just don't get why we would sign a 28 year old with 8 fg games. Bizarre.
Maybe a) there is not a lot available (and there were rumours Hetherington knocked us back); and b) we do not have a lot of salary cap space. I wouldn't imagine we are an attractive package at the moment.

I just don't get why we would sign a 28 year old with 8 fg games. Bizarre.
Why indeed, let's see
  • We have a young squad and need some men to counter balance the 'boys'.
  • He has shown quite a bit the couple of times I watched the Eels, as others say, he has an offload.
  • Seems like a smart player, knows when to do the little things that count. All the talent in the world won't get you there if you have players who make dumb decisions. [See exhibit A, Melbourne Storm]
  • His energy and fitness seem good, and defence - that miss against Souths wasn't just down to him (though I haven't studied it really)
  • He has two first names, good for squad morale

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4