And so the off season officially starts!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And isn’t that something to look forward to !!

It’ll start off gently , then a bit exciting when the 28 are official and then it’ll degenerate and by about the end of January it’ll be highly entertaining ( for some ).

It’ll be a wild ride so strap yourselves in.

dingwall.jpg

FEAST YOUR EYES !

Actually, I think off season officially began some weeks ago as evidenced by Tristan Sailor & Dylan Walker's shenanigans :)

(Any more examples?)

Actually, I think off season officially began some weeks ago as evidenced by Tristan Sailor & Dylan Walker's shenanigans :)

(Any more examples?)
No more examples that I'm aware of....yet.

From last night though, it sounds like some Maroons are about to hit Byron Bay so anything's possible :tmi:

No more examples that I'm aware of....yet.

From last night though, it sounds like some Maroons are about to hit Byron Bay so anything's possible :tmi:

Excellent... I better tell my niece, who is currently up on there on schoolies to get the hell out of there. Could become a battlezone.....

November, still excited by who we are or aren’t going to sign.

December , frustration sets in , MFB starts his #nextweek campaign and @Woodsie & @Kevinward777 resume hostilities after a brief respite.

Xmas, well that’ll be a few days break.

January , we’ve ****ing signed WHO?? Thread counts start to rise proclaiming absolute doom and gloom for 2021.

February , by FEB it’s an absolute bloodbath of ST, grumpy bastards everywhere AND even grumpier old bastards still fighting ( no names but the usual suspects ).

It’s trial time , AND, we’ve been flogged again !!

AND no ****ing way but in the only trial he’s played in Tommy Turbo has blown a hammy and is out for 5 months.

March , season begins with most penciling us in for 16th spot.

Well let’s see how close I go !!

December , frustration sets in , MFB starts his #nextweek campaign and @Woodsie & @Kevinward777 resume hostilities after a brief respite.

January , we’ve ****ing signed WHO?? Thread counts start to rise proclaiming absolute doom and gloom for 2021.

February , by FEB it’s an absolute bloodbath of ST, grumpy bastards everywhere AND even grumpier old bastards still fighting ( no names but the usual suspects ).

AND no ****ing way but in the only trial he’s played in Tommy Turbo has blown a hammy and is out for 5 months.

I will play my part...

Look on the bright side, this is the time of year we can look at the actual rest of what is happening in life. We usually use footy to avoid this! For example, now we are going to have to watch Trump start a war in order to maintain power, Biden will fall by the wayside into a nursing home, Morrison (our prime minister) will support Trump again in blaming China, nek minit ... oh phew, by then the next season will be in sight and we can ignore all that ****e :babychick:

Look on the bright side, this is the time of year we can look at the actual rest of what is happening in life. We usually use footy to avoid this! For example, now we are going to have to watch Trump start a war in order to maintain power, Biden will fall by the wayside into a nursing home, Morrison (our prime minister) will support Trump again in blaming China, nek minit ... oh phew, by then the next season will be in sight and we can ignore all that ****e :babychick:

There’s some serious **** going on , I try and avoid it if I can , does my head in!!

Well with the off season started we are closer to seeing the 2021 ladder prediction thread get started.

Every day I'm reading about players moving clubs, only to be informed it is for 2022 not next season. This, to me, should not be allowed.
Why players are permitted to enter into new contracts years in advance is a bad look for the sport. There must be a transfer window created at the end of each season like in other sports. Get all the movements for the upcoming season done after the grand final, and before pre-season starts.
No fan wants to have to support a player knowing that they have signed to play elsewhere. If they happen to have a poor match then they will be labelled as turncoats.
The other thing that shows the salary cap is a joke is the decimation of Penrith after they had one good year. They didn't even win the comp, yet their roster has been plundered -- particularly by the Dogs who have apparently found some buried treasure somewhere.
I feel a touch sorry for The 'Riff who are losing many players they invested time and effort into making them NRL standard. They obviously don't have the accounting 'smarts' of Easts who can continually win comps and still find the cash to buy established players.

Every day I'm reading about players moving clubs, only to be informed it is for 2022 not next season. This, to me, should not be allowed.
Why players are permitted to enter into new contracts years in advance is a bad look for the sport. There must be a transfer window created at the end of each season like in other sports. Get all the movements for the upcoming season done after the grand final, and before pre-season starts.
No fan wants to have to support a player knowing that they have signed to play elsewhere. If they happen to have a poor match then they will be labelled as turncoats.
The other thing that shows the salary cap is a joke is the decimation of Penrith after they had one good year. They didn't even win the comp, yet their roster has been plundered -- particularly by the Dogs who have apparently found some buried treasure somewhere.
I feel a touch sorry for The 'Riff who are losing many players they invested time and effort into making them NRL standard. They obviously don't have the accounting 'smarts' of Easts who can continually win comps and still find the cash to buy established players.

Funny about that , Roosters win the competition ( twice ) lose no-one , sign a few more superstars and rock on.

The Riff just get to a GF, don’t win it and are ripped apart.

And the competition is all fair and square and above board ...... yeah right!!

Funny about that , Roosters win the competition ( twice ) lose no-one , sign a few more superstars and rock on.

The Riff just get to a GF, don’t win it and are ripped apart.

And the competition is all fair and square and above board ...... yeah right!!

I mean I agree with the sentiment

But Roosters from that 2018 GF side have lost Ferguson, Mitchell, Cronk, Napa, Matterson and Aubusson

Now granted they have replaced them with stars

Panthers have lost Tamou who is aging and Burton for 2022 who currently doesnt make their 17......hardly ripped apart...yet

Where do i go to complain about the media constantly banging on about off season 'TRANSFERS' in NRL???

There are no transfers in NRL ffs. This isn't AFL or soccer. Rarely do two NRL clubs get together to move a player between them.

The NRL reporting now seems to be riddled with fan boys of other sports who end up getting a gig reporting on NRL as a step to their favourite sport.

No one seems to write about anything all 2020 except whether a player will get a contract somewhere else or an Origin spot. When did they last write a story about onfield game and trends?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4