Amateur players blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He bowled the guy out - pitched outside leg and turned to hit leg...also had another just bounce over as he somehow bowled a toppy

As for the catch we had at square leg and it popped up to him - he just missed one in week 1 so was super stoked
Sounds like Warney's ball of the century that's awesome as most spinners in local comps get no turn

Catches that aren't reflex based are total bull**** i can't do them, but at slip i haven't dropped a thing, my first catch i remember was a ball slammed to point out of the screws, right hand up and goodbye dick

I've found over the last week I'm no outfielder, doing the dreaded up and unders at training

Sounds like Warney's ball of the century that's awesome as most spinners in local comps get no turn

Catches that aren't reflex based are total bull**** i can't do them, but at slip i haven't dropped a thing, my first catch i remember was a ball slammed to point out of the screws, right hand up and goodbye dick

I've found over the last week I'm no outfielder, doing the dreaded up and unders at training
To be fair he is about 2/3 an over on the pitch - the others can go anywhere! He has a changing grip which means he some turns them a bit....we were in the nets and he somehow bowled a wrongun (had me close to infront but he did not go up for it...)

To be fair he is about 2/3 an over on the pitch - the others can go anywhere! He has a changing grip which means he some turns them a bit....we were in the nets and he somehow bowled a wrongun (had me close to infront but he did not go up for it...)

Lol oh that's dangerous af

If he figures that out you're boned

He bowled the guy out - pitched outside leg and turned to hit leg...also had another just bounce over as he somehow bowled a toppy

As for the catch we had at square leg and it popped up to him - he just missed one in week 1 so was super stoked

Reminds of my wife's first (and only) catch in grade. She was filling in for us one day. She was at square leg. The ball popped up to her and she took the catch. As straight forward as they come really. She was stoked. And rightly so. She jumped all over the closest fielder in celebrations. Young bloke thought all his Christmas's had come at once. :party::party::party:

To this day she ran 100mtrs and dove 15 to take the catch. AKA Glenn McGrath at the Adelaide Oval. :) Bless her.

Reminds of my wife's first (and only) catch in grade. She was filling in for us one day. She was at square leg. The ball popped up to her and she took the catch. As straight forward as they come really. She was stoked. And rightly so. She jumped all over the closest fielder in celebrations. Young bloke thought all his Christmas's had come at once. :party::party::party:

To this day she ran 100mtrs and dove 15 to take the catch. AKA Glenn McGrath at the Adelaide Oval. :) Bless her.
I am going to ask him to describe it again and see the difference!

I assume your boys are playing with the same junior balls as my side. They have a decent seam on them so it decks all over the place when it hits the seam. We have a leggie as well in our U10's, when it hits the seam it turns square. His biggest problem is bounce - almost impossible for him to hit the stumps because his trajectory isn't flat enough - anything on a "good" length bounces over stump height.

I assume your boys are playing with the same junior balls as my side. They have a decent seam on them so it decks all over the place when it hits the seam. We have a leggie as well in our U10's, when it hits the seam it turns square. His biggest problem is bounce - almost impossible for him to hit the stumps because his trajectory isn't flat enough - anything on a "good" length bounces over stump height.
Yep same thing here
Good length balls go over the stumps. My boy is pretty short for his age so spends most of his time getting hit in the chest

Yep same thing here
Good length balls go over the stumps. My boy is pretty short for his age so spends most of his time getting hit in the chest
Is Stuart Undries and Xavier Tras one of the top scorers each week for you ?? Oscar Verthrows is also up there each week for us. It's like a Benny Hill skit sometimes

Is Stuart Undries and Xavier Tras one of the top scorers each week for you ?? Oscar Verthrows is also up there each week for us. It's like a Benny Hill skit sometimes
Every week
This week my boy and the batsman managed to get themselves run out three times in the first over.... tough to come back from that

Our oppositions score depends highly on who keeps for us. We have a couple of kids who are OK with the gloves and we have a couple who let through a bye every ball. They also go into collective panic mode whenever the batsmen put a bit of pressure on the field with the running between the wickets. Wild throws, followed by overthrows, followed by 6 kids chasing the ball, followed by another wild throw to no one at stumps because they all set off after the overthrow - rinse and repeat. Classic stuff

Our oppositions score depends highly on who keeps for us. We have a couple of kids who are OK with the gloves and we have a couple who let through a bye every ball. They also go into collective panic mode whenever the batsmen put a bit of pressure on the field with the running between the wickets. Wild throws, followed by overthrows, followed by 6 kids chasing the ball, followed by another wild throw to no one at stumps because they all set off after the overthrow - rinse and repeat. Classic stuff
We are the same - every single goes for 5

So finally finished the pre season today

If i don't get a proper run this game i might ask the coach if he knows of a club that needs a bowler

I'm over it after 3 months, we have part timers in the team I'm assuming will be bowling come Sunday, I've missed 2 training sessions and they were optional and i wasn't told of them

First game was a great one,for my team anyway

Bowled them out after 32 overs for 136
Lost 5 wickets in the chase,i sat there for the last 10 overs
with my thigh guard shorts on which i highly recommend,GM
makes them and they come with the thigh guard inserts for
front leg and inner rear thigh

2/29 from 7 overs,i did however give 8 wides and a 6 away

The bouncer,either an asset or a liability depending on the
batsman and how it's delivered

My wickets were taken after bouncers which kept the batsmen off
their ****ing front foot and establishing dominance,I'll be going back
to the well on those this coming week i hope

8 wides ???!!! The radar a bit off ? Sliding down leg or wide of off ? We were washed out this weekend unfortunately.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6