Alternate View on the Grand Final

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Just read this article on MWSE.com  Is a total joke of an article but worth posting for a laugh.

http://dailyadvertiser.yourguide.com.au/news/local/sport/general/manly-massacre-more-about-storms-flaws/1327056.aspx

THE good ship Credibility sunk without trace on Sunday.

When Manly massacred Melbourne in the NRL grand final at ANZ Stadium a great rugby league season was blown out of the water.

Rather than being the perfect end to a wonderful football year, the grand final was a horrible, horrible nightmare.

All right, Manly played well enough to win, but the Storm were so far off their game it wasn’t funny.

Even the most ardent of the Sea Eagles belly-aching supporters would have to agree with that proposition.

Face facts you lot – Manly had the NRL premiership presented to it on a silver platter, which was sickeningly fitting for a mob of silvertails.

Melbourne definitely saved its worst performance of the year for Sunday and this played right into the Sea Eagles’ hands.

The inability of the Storm to stop Manly scoring creampuff soft tries was their downfall.

This is hardly a scoop or much of an excuse, but it is unequivocal evidence that Manly is – and never will be – a 40-point better team than Melbourne.

If that was the case than Manly should be $1.02 to win the title again next year – and probably the year after.

This is the stupid part about Sunday’s ridiculous result.

At best, Manly is a slightly

above-average football team and will never be anything better.

In a year in which it seemed there were four or five genuine contenders for the NRL crown, Manly managed to win the title in the easiest possible way.

This is now rugby league history – laughable as it is.

It doesn’t make much sense – and teams like Cronulla and Brisbane must be absolutely lamenting what could have been.

The Broncos especially must feel dirty on the world after going within about a minute of clinching a place in the grand final.

In Melbourne’s defence they didn’t have any on Sunday.

The Storm made Manly’s attack look out of this world when it was actually nothing out of the ordinary.

Significantly, Manly tried and succeeded where Melbourne tried and failed.

The Storm had several good chances in the first half, but didn’t take them.

In contrast, Manly made the most of a couple of half-baked opportunities and just squeezed out an unconvincing 8-0 lead by half-time.

For Melbourne, the game was still there to be won, but, alas, the team failed to see the signs.

The worst aspect of Sunday’s debacle is that it means there are five months to wait for the start of the new season.

This also means those damn Sea Eagles fans will be free to luxuriate in their team’s shallow success.

Remember, however, there will be swift and uncompromising retribution to come.

n n n n

THE chinks showed in the armour of Weekend Hussler at Flemington on Saturday.

This so-called great of the turf

fell a long way short of his much-

hyped reputation.

So, he was forced wide at a vital stage, but he also showed little fighting spirit in the last 300m.

It was hardly the effort of a world-class champion and just shows how the media can create something out of nothing.

Still at the track, what a disappointment that Tuesday Joy bled on Saturday and will not get her shot at Melbourne Cup glory … this year.

Her predicament is no less sad than the way the career of Leica Falcon has spiralled to the depths of despair.

Once the most exciting stayer in the land, Leica Falcon now seems to have lost his zest for racing and got lapped in the Benalla Cup on Sunday.

Honestly, it’s enough to make you cry, but we’ll leave that to Israel Folau.

My response to this article:

What a pathetic piece of journalism!! Does the writer know anything about Rugby League? His opinion (wildly skewed) is totally in contrast from those who comment on the game with some knowledge, who claimed the first half was a beauty, and then paid credit to a determined and skilled Manly side. To use loaded phrases like 'half baked opportunities' and 'shallow success' just indicates sour grapes and that the writer is a few sandwiches short of the full picnic!! This Manly side dominated the semi finals with emphatic wins in each of their games and were the standout team in thel series. They built beautifully all year, were focussed and committted, peaking at the right time. It was a fairytale finish for one of the legends of the game in Steven Menzies. Why not focus on this rather than take cheap and ignorant shots at Manly and League, just because cream rose to the top and Manly dominated a very good side? It is not your opinion that is offensive but the whole tone and thrust of your article, which is dismally off target!

What a load of crap - can't believe I wasted my time reading it

I gave up a few lines in.

Melbourne were poor for one reason and that was because Manly out played them all over the park making them fall to pieces.

It wasn't a bad performance for melbourne because they were not playing well Manly just went in with the perfect game plan and executed it perfectly

Is this an attempt at comedy?  I notice the clown that wrote it is even brave enough to put his name to it.

At least the good folk of Wagga won't be running short of something to clean their bottoms with in the near future.

Hey boys- long time no post and what a win- my head is still spinning!!!
Les Muir is the most disliked journalist in the area and is well known for writing editorial comments simply to get a response- you guys would laugh if you read his effort in the lead up saying Manly had no chance...a Manly supporter wrote a letter into the paper and the above dribble is his response- I know of atleast twenty people off the top of my head that point blank refuse to read the Advertiser because of him.
I have not known a journalist to stir as much ****e as him- he has pretty much got himself off side with every sporting organisation in the area!
He bags the hell out of my town Narrandera (population 6,000) because we get to host an AFL game at our local Sportsground and this all stems from pure jealously due to the fact Wagga (population around 70,000 I think) don't have a ground suitable enough to play matches (either AFL or NRL) ....how sad is that!!!
Bottom line is Les Muir (a former Daily Telegraph/ Mirror journalist) is a wanker and confuses many on a daily basis with his dribble...an obvious Manly hater and very poor sport!

PJ - I see you guys are unlucky enough to be getting a Weevil Boys (or perhaps it has just opened)? 

Canteen Worker link said:
This is hardly a scoop or much of an excuse, but it is unequivocal evidence that Manly is – and never will be – a 40-point better team than Melbourne.

Somebody should remind this loser that on the 5th of October, in the year of the sea eagle, 2008 that manly were a 40 point better than Melbourne!

What a dumb ass comment!

It just annoys me because articles like this are literature pollution.

Fair enough if the article was written in jest but it wasn't. A blind and deaf man would have seen Manly were all over the Storm from the first set of six. They ploughed through the middle like they were going downhill.

To say this team is slightly above average is pathetic. I bet this idiot is of the ilk that campaigned for the likes of Braith Anasta and Mitchell Pearce in the State of Origin.

I suspect this was written by a blogger not a journalist anyway, thats why I question why CW posted it as an alternative view.

Oh damn, I just wasted another 5 minutes - that one less glass of Chardonnay I can down tonight  :p.

NY Eagle

I bet that that they received over a 100 comments on this article, including one from me, and it is good to see that the bastions of free speech and open minds deemed it inappropriate to put up a single one of them. Gutless gutter press at its finest.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4