ALTERNATE ANGLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There has been lots to cry over in recent years, but lets hope we are coming good. first step made the eight.
but the management of the club the players and even the coaching staff should become members of this site and listen to what some have to say.
then they might see how much suppoters are willing to bleed for the club, which is what we expect of our players!
i agree this off season is where they all need to lay down more foundations to once again become feared and hated once again.
i dont know about you but the 90's was great when someone said who do you support and you'd say manly! they would almost hate you just as much. And i want people to hate me because im manly and our teams successful!

At the moment people hate Easts - because they are successful??

Also because of Phil Gould (media), Politis (political involvement in NRL), Finch (Daddy is head of refs), Ricky Stuart who is a hated character (but maybe respected) and the the playboy attitudes of some of the players!! But mainly as they are rich and well-resourced, managing to outbid other clubs and get players to come their club.

Go back to the 90s, change Fulton for Stuart, Arko for Politis, Rex, Gibbs and Peters for Gould and you have a fairly similar scenario.

I agree the management should read here, knowing that we are passionate supporters who would bleed for the club. However we seem to have a few that would rather the impression was that everything was rosy who are prepared to look beyond what is the bleedingly obvious. A few supporters see us as narky and negative too, claiming we don't support the club - however I never knew you had to turn your brain off and accept sour milk as cheesecake to be a supporter!!!

Management despise this site.

Mainly because we point out that the souffle they're eating smells like sewage.

We are rapidly being forced down the path of being Manly's answer to "the Burrow".

You forgot to mention David Gallop CW- he was an Easts supporter before he took the job on *cough, cough*.
Alot different a set up but similar to when we had Arko as boss of the ARL.

Yes the club should take note of what supporters think. But somehow they prefer the ass kissers. :)

well supporters hiding after manly getting a hammering or think what we say is negative need only know one thing. for some talking about where, who or what manly did wrong only makes us true supporters. its us who went out proudly wearing our colours every year for the past 9 years through troubled time, and yet these supporters who think we are negative are the same supporters only just finding there colours again for the first time since maybe 98-99.
so we can speak our mind, rubbish certain players if we feel and still have the same passion for the game and our team!
but the fact is its the supporters that own the club! with out us they are nothing!

Unfortunately the club prefers the 'ass kissers' (thanx Byso) that handout the Sea Eagles News & sell the tickets for 30 mins before the game (& receive free entry as a result) rather than paying members & supporters who front up with the $20 note each home game.

That way they get a pat on the back & an ego boost at well the club has gone over the last few years instead of stern advice & reflection from real world supporters who often put their wallet & time in front of family, friends & employers for their club they have supportered since they were too young too know any better.

But that is life, I hope that new CEO Pat Wilson develops a culture in Management that demands success both on & off field rather than trying to hang onto past glories & loyalties of years gone by.

well supporters hiding after manly getting a hammering or think what we say is negative need only know one thing. for some talking about where, who or what manly did wrong only makes us true supporters. its us who went out proudly wearing our colours every year for the past 9 years through troubled time, and yet these supporters who think we are negative are the same supporters only just finding there colours again for the first time since maybe 98-99.
so we can speak our mind, rubbish certain players if we feel and still have the same passion for the game and our team!
but the fact is its the supporters that own the club! with out us they are nothing!

Very true mate.

Fact is we need more major sponsors to inject cash into the club. The rich clubs are the ones that attract all the talent.

But no serious corporate sponsor would sign on with the current media regime as it is.

Too much bad blood and baggage between Zorba and the major media outlets means that a sponsor would be very nervous about the image they're going to be able to portray.

I am hearing some positive noises on that front though. Maybe good things will finally come to those that wait.

We shall see.

Wheel, as one of the more conservative posters on this site I am surprised and somewhat disappointed by your comments.

Your inference is that the supporters who pay their entrance fee at the gate, purchase merchandise or are generally more able financially to support the club are better supporters than those who may not have the means that other supporters may have.

I know you are an M&W member & so is Jan. We are lucky that we can afford that, but are we better supporters because so, I know we are not but maybe you feel that you are.

Our supporter base encompasses all sections of the community, ranging from the filthy rich to people that rely upon a pension or social security. For those on lower incomes the cost of ground entry is a far greater impost than me relative to their disposable income. Who is the biggest gambler in this scenario, Kerry Packer backing a horse with $1 million dollars who the bloke with the bum out of his pants betting his very last $20.00. In my opinion it is the bloke betting his last $20.00 because if he loses he wont eat. If KP drops a million in a bet I very much doubt that his lifetyle will be affected.

The people that you talk about in relation to selling tickets are far better supporters than me. I do not volunteer my time to the club on game day for one reason, I am selfish and see game day as my day, but others are prepared to give up part of their game day experience for the benefit of the club. They were paying their entrance fee to all games long before the club arranged for these volunteers to sell tickets and and then give them freebie entry to the ground. I can assure you that they would still pay for entry to the game if asked even after volunteering their time.

I am sure you will recall that many of those that you speak of were all at the PL semi final at Brookie last month, they all paid the $5.00 to enter the ground, just like you & I. So what if they are so called arse lickers support the club blindly, what harm does it do? I know of many people that blindly support many causes, political, environmental or judicial, it doesn’t make their opinion any less valuable. Just as the club critics on this site are entitled to their opinion!

i like the way bold eagle talks!

you wouldnt understand the frustration we feel at times!

Pete, I think Wheels comments are more to do with "culture".

Wheel is saying that the people that seem to get the most time from the club are those that are always wagging their tail.

A poodle is not going to help much when the wolves of winter come to the door though, are they?

Pete you misread what Wheel was saying, I guess the fact we knw wheel we were quicker to understand what he was talking about.

"Unfortunately the club prefers the 'ass kissers' (thanx Byso) that handout the Sea Eagles News & sell the tickets for 30 mins before the game (& receive free entry as a result) rather than paying members & supporters who front up with the $20 note each home"

The above is a cut & paste of Wheels opening par. I am at a loss as to how I have misread that statement. It is clear and concise. He clearly nominates the persons involved and makes the statement that they (the club) prefer them to those who pay $20.00.

Well in that case I should feel well & truly agrieved as we pay far more than $20.00 each for the privilge of sitting in the stand. I can assure you the club do nothing special for me and nor do I expect them to. I pay my entrance fee and for that I get to watch a couple of games of footy. Like every other person at the ground I will then be entertained by 2 football teams. That it what I pay my money for and every week that is exactly what happens.

What happens after that is essentially about emotion, winners & losers, good & bad. I do not see anywhere on my entrance ticket that the club promise any more than provide a game. I choose to go because of emotion.

I am no better than any of the 200,000 odd people that went to Brookvale Oval this year, and if you think that you are then perhaps you have forgotten the prime reason of why we support this club.

Sport is not always about winning, of course we prefer it when we do but mostly we play sport (or in my case played sport) because of the fun & mateship and in the process kept fit. As a spectator not much as changed, it is still about fun and mateship.

Pete, I think if we start talking about the topic of "disposable income" you will understand why Wheel is bemused about what he perceives as the clubs priorities.

either way pete he did not mean what you took it as, his reference was to the management and not derogetory toward your friends. Do you have an underlying Robin Hood complex or something?

Daniel, I am no more Robin Hood in this instance than you are in defending The Wheel.

Matabele, I agree that in some instances I am not an advocate of some aspects of our management. But if the perception is that the club give greater credence to half a dozen people who volunteer their time for no greater reward than a free ticket than I can assure you that is not fact.

The siege mentality that exists here at times suggests that paranoia runs rampant.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4