Aloiai v Kent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
sportsman were able to spread taxation over numerous years to compensate for spasmodic income. similar to farmers. i presume they still can. medical insurance would be a deduction . no doubt clubs and the NRL have been possibly negligent or at least looking the other way for decades with this issue

maybe a portion of there contracts could be held by the NRL so they can use it for medical or personal insurance

maybe the NRL can have cam smith/thurston testimonials each year. players play for free over christmas break

i love the sport but from a welfare perspective its ugly. no wonder they get upset
the players share of the pie should cover all benefits though and not have extras so if that means a wage drop, so be it

aioli seems passionate about a lot, he gets injured a lot which is probably his point but he plays with passion too. passionate people create change .

Agree

I think there is merit in some form of pension to cover long term playing injuries get from playing the game. I guess where its tricky is how you would define etc

The issue .. from the little I know of it .... is not whether a fund should exist .. (I believe one already does) ... the current battle appears to be twofold ... how much money the NRL puts into it ... and the biggest sticking point ... who has financial and administrative control over it ..

The players assoc wants to have full control ... the NRL says you're dreaming, if you think we are going to give you the key to the safe ..

The issue .. from the little I know of it .... is not whether a fund should exist .. (I believe one already does) ... the current battle appears to be twofold ... how much money the NRL puts into it ... and the biggest sticking point ... who has financial and administrative control over it ..

The players assoc wants to have full control ... the NRL says you're dreaming, if you think we are going to give you the key to the safe ..
I would think an independent third party would be the only way to go if there are concerns (although in thee US it appears as it is the players group that administrate it)

Does anyone know exactly what the players are asking? I don't think any insurance company would touch Professional Rugby League without exorbitant fees. Are the players asking the NRL to fund all medical expenses?

Does anyone know exactly what the players are asking? I don't think any insurance company would touch Professional Rugby League without exorbitant fees. Are the players asking the NRL to fund all medical expenses?

A fund does exist, but presently players can only have surgeries and treatment up until a year post retirement. They want longer.

A full list of what they want is here: What are the players' claims? - RLPA

Disclaimer - I am not a fan of Josh based on the way I feel he used his personal influence and belief to undermine our club last year at a time where we needed cooler heads to prevail (you may disagree - but thats fine)

having said that.... I admire anyone who is willing to fight for the rights of others. Not many people manage to last long enough in the game to be able to act as 'players advocates'. Only the best, with great longevity and skill get to play for a long time... and they generally work ahrd to maximise their earning potential etc (as is their right).

There is noone holding a gun to Josh's head saying he has to go and represent the rights of others (and himself) and put himself out there for criticism... but he is doing it, and taking the heat for it. I commend him, and respect him for trying to give back and protect the rights of these guys.

I do think his heart is in the right place - I just don't think he helps himself with some of his comments.

And FWIW - I thinnk only MAD people would play rugby league these days. The evidence is clear... you will risk serious long term mental and physical injury by trying to play this game and achieve success. It is far safer to take other jobs and the long term earning capacity is superior over a lifetime....

I love that people play the game - and that I have a club to support. But in this day and age, FAR MORE should be done for the random 5-10 gamers long after they have left the game....

NOt a fan of Keunt, but prefer Aloiai to show more concern with improving his footy like the "tough nut" style front rower we are meant to have signed and leave the politics to the usual journo gutter trash.

having said that.... I admire anyone who is willing to fight for the rights of others. Not many people manage to last long enough in the game to be able to act as 'players advocates'. Only the best, with great longevity and skill get to play for a long time... and they generally work ahrd to maximise their earning potential etc (as is their right).

There is noone holding a gun to Josh's head saying he has to go and represent the rights of others (and himself) and put himself out there for criticism... but he is doing it, and taking the heat for it. I commend him, and respect him for trying to give back and protect the rights of these guys.

I do think his heart is in the right place - I just don't think he helps himself with some of his comments.

Respectfully, I don't know if you could call this 'fighting for the rights of others'.

He made a post on Instagram calling a journalist a clown and took the piss out of him for playing one game of footy. There are smarter ways to make a point without looking like a disrespectful flog.

Josh spends too much time talking and not enough time playing good footy.

This from a bloke that refused to play due to a jersey design
So he can't have an opinion on anything else - especially since it affects him directly - being a player. I'm glad our players seem to have been able to move on from the jersey fiasco a lot better/quicker than the bitchy members of this forum. Jesus, you'd think the guy had murdered someone. Just a reminder people, HE'S ON OUR TEAM - HE'S PLAYING FOR THE SEA EAGLES. Let's get behind him and the team and stop carrying on like a bunch of pissing, bitching, whinging old moles. GET OVER IT!

Just as an aside the whole 'Kent only played one game' as a disparaging remark is ridiculous.

He is there as a journo not an ex player.

Do we rip into Dave Riccio, Peter Badel or Brent Read about their lack of first grade starts
that's right, there are also a lot on here that haven't played any footy worth noting.

Sorry Chunky, I'll be having to report you to Josh, The Keeper of Everything That is Right and Good for this one.
Commandment Three: Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
It's the Naughty Corner for you I'm afraid.
What about the Messiah/prophet?

Kent says:

'I don't know of another union or company anywhere in the world where you are still responsible for people's healthcare long after you've left the company. If there's one around, show me — I don't know where it is, I haven't heard of it,' Kent wrote in his recent column for The Daily Telegraph.

Hmmm Kent is completely wrong, every workplace/company/employer is responsible for injury or illness that can be shown to be caused while employed, even many years later. For example industrial hearing loss, lung diseases … whatever you name it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2