All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There are still more players to move around and if we do promote the 6 from within, it means we can go shopping, although apparently the Sharks still have a million in free cap space and the Eels are only paying Hayne 250K so maybe they still have a ton of room, and Knights of course have at least another mill and we're also waiting for the NRL to clear our cap BS which won't happen until every truly worthwhile signing has landed elsewhere so perhaps we are screwed...

While we can be optimistic and look at the positives, the truth is that Hastings had a whole year in the halves with the roosters and failed, then in reggies he wasn't doing too good either

Our best option but geez is this whole thing just a big risk now

Hopefully buzz was wrong and Pearce is still a chance

Most of those games he was paired with Nikorima (another rookie). Then dogboy came back to take control.
Hastings might surprise to the upside with DCE, and his goal kicking.

No guarantee though.

we're also waiting for the NRL to clear our cap BS which won't happen until every truly worthwhile signing has landed elsewhere so perhaps we are screwed...

I'm starting to think that Greenturd, knowing that the cap issue is likely to only attract a minor fine at best (under their own rules), is purposely delaying it until just that, that there is no one of note left on the market. That way in his little mind, we get punished.

What I don't get about the Lamb thing is why would we sign ANOTHER half? We already have enough of them to supply the rest of the NRL for crying out loud.

So we've missed Pearce, spend the money on a much needed forward.
We don't have a 6. Not an NRL standard 6 anyway.

Green was good for us this year but when you look at what he actually did,I think that Hastings can cover what he did and a bit more.If Lamb comes to the party I think we should keep both as Cullen does not inspire me with confidence to play a full season or a large part of it(as a starter) and Croker looks good but has 1 game to his name.I was ok with getting Pearce at around the 800-850K mark at the max.,but glad we employed the rhythm method and pulled out now.I get that people are worried about the loss of experience but I am fine with what we are looking like for next year.(but each to his own)

What I don't get about the Lamb thing is why would we sign ANOTHER half? We already have enough of them to supply the rest of the NRL for crying out loud.

So we've missed Pearce, spend the money on a much needed forward.
100%
Pearce was set for Manly apart from all this salary cap issue that will amount to nothing....
The tarnishing effects sponsorships, revenue and player signings.
If Creighton wasn't headed to the Roosters to go with Cronk and Tedesco who are magically still under the cap - would have been a satisfactory outcome after this rabble of sh**

Can we change the thread title to "Pearce Off" now?
giphy.gif

IMO the Knights will now unload Hodko, probably having to pay $500k a year to do so and keep Lamb who is younger and less injury prone.

I’m thinking that’s why we didn’t release Hastings , call it insurance.

He’ll either sink or swim, good luck to the young fella!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10