All Premiership Winning teams are built on Consistent Performing Quality players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I spent game day at work and at the hospital and watched the replay on Fox....
I have always been big on Consistency . Consistency sorts out the contenders from the pretenders .
As a proud Manly supporter I have been spoilt by our decade of dominating premiership winning teams made up from quality consistent performers .
Consistent performing players deliver high performance in competitive and pressured situations and as a result they win games .
After three rounds our team has managed just one win.
In game one we lost to the rebuilding wooden spooner's
In game two we looked like world beaters against the Eels and just how great we were and just how ordinary the Eels team must be remains to be seen as the season unfolds
In our third game against the winless Bunnies we let in seven tries and could only manage to score one try from an individual effort by Hasting
After round three we are back to reality
Is Croker an NRL Standard quality playmaker that will lead us into the finals ?
Is Kelly the next big thing ? He missed more tackles than any back on the field including the disappointing Uate and also dropped a ball that led directly to a try
Can DCE do it on his own without a quality experienced partner in the halves ?
Just how resilient are our forwards ?
All this and more will be revealed as we take on more contenders
f03-06-08.jpg

Yeap agree with all. Never ever would mark carroll, jason king come out with crap like tapau did.
There a flakey football team who play pretty footy off offloads. No one does the hard stuff

Lack of consistency sums up Barrett’s time as a player and his coaching record is following the same path
He is not ruthless enough and does not demand perfection from the players each game like Bellamy dues.
We won’t win a premiership while he is coach.
Mediocrity and the occasional good win will sum up his time as Manly coach.

That match was our worst performance against Souths I can remember since a match we lost 40-32. That year Souths finished 14th.

It was round 23, 2008...

I spent game day at work and at the hospital and watched the replay on Fox....
I have always been big on Consistency . Consistency sorts out the contenders from the pretenders .
As a proud Manly supporter I have been spoilt by our decade of dominating premiership winning teams made up from quality consistent performers .
Consistent performing players deliver high performance in competitive and pressured situations and as a result they win games .
After three rounds our team has managed just one win.
In game one we lost to the rebuilding wooden spooner's
In game two we looked like world beaters against the Eels and just how great we were and just how ordinary the Eels team must be remains to be seen as the season unfolds
In our third game against the winless Bunnies we let in seven tries and could only manage to score one try from an individual effort by Hasting
After round three we are back to reality
Is Croker an NRL Standard quality playmaker that will lead us into the finals ?
Is Kelly the next big thing ? He missed more tackles than any back on the field including the disappointing Uate and also dropped a ball that led directly to a try
Can DCE do it on his own without a quality experienced partner in the halves ?
Just how resilient are our forwards ?
All this and more will be revealed as we take on more contenders
View attachment 7879
I was reluctant to comment on the game against Parmatta, they were awful and made us look better than what we are. I am not convinced that we are not any better than last year, and that tapau interview made me cringe. One tree does not build a forest. Its up to Barrett to get the players up for every game.

Yeap agree with all. Never ever would mark carroll, jason king come out with crap like tapau did.
There a flakey football team who play pretty footy off offloads. No one does the hard stuff
What do you mean 'crap like Taupau'???? He was one of our better players yesterday. He was on the field for less than 60 mins, 159 meters! What more do you want! What did the others do including your precious Jake T??
Taupau > 3 games, Tackle Brakes 12, Avg Hit Ups 14.7, Offloads 13, Tackles 69 @ 87.3% efficiency, Avg Running Meters 162.7 per game.......WOW now those stats are real crap!! Carroll's & King's stats don't come close to what Taupau dishes out week in week out, but it seems none of our players ever do the hard stuff!

What do you mean 'crap like Taupau'???? He was one of our better players yesterday. He was on the field for less than 60 mins, 159 meters! What more do you want! What did the others do including your precious Jake T??
Taupau > 3 games, Tackle Brakes 12, Avg Hit Ups 14.7, Offloads 13, Tackles 69 @ 87.3% efficiency, Avg Running Meters 162.7 per game.......WOW now those stats are real crap!! Carroll's & King's stats don't come close to what Taupau dishes out week in week out, but it seems none of our players ever do the hard stuff!
What you missed him jogging onto the ball most times or running across the field. Defence wise he does not make it personal he missed a few easy tackles.
But the big thing he does not make it personal with opposition pack.
Burgess did, comps are not about being pretty with big run metres and off loads. The captain, tom and jake are the same either a 5 star game or minus 5.
This squad is imo always going to be a just make 8 squad, they dont play disciplined structured footy.
Its make or break as soon as rain fell we where dears in headlights.

Lack of organisation or set plays has seemed to be a real problem inside the opposition 20 for Manly for some time now . Green "s ability to get repeat sets helped last season but only seemed to disguise the problem . Goal line defence does not seem to be an issue but outside sliding defence for the backs definitely needs addressing . Maybe Tom should be more pro active shouting instructions from the back but not really his fault for this deficiency and necessary adjustment . Hard edged and disciplined consistency are definitely missing , and if Manly "s forwards do not aim up as a unit like yesterday, it is always going to be a struggle to be truly competitive . Barrett may still be on a slight learning curve [ and still seems a good fit for the side ] but i wonder what Cartwright for all of his reputed coaching experience actually offers as a real benefit .

We are an inconsistent, bad attitude, the world owes us team. Too many individuals, not enough teamwork. A team that completely clocks off out of the game like they did last night, against a team of no name halves, says to me they don't respect the jersey OR their coach.

The worst part is they talk themselves up almost more than any other team I know, then don't deliver. It's embarrassing. Shut your damned mouth's and work for once in your lives. You earn more than anyone else.

The whole club needs a serious kick up the arse. Barrett's win / loss results are starting to really concern me.

That's really worrying me. I wish we got the slimmed down, fast, explosive, aggressive machine I saw at The Dragons. This version, I just want Frank back in the team.
Seems a good honest toiler but really not much more so far and for the money that he is on , is a bit of a concern . Admittedly i saw bugger all of his pre Manly career but really could not understand all of the hype when he was signed .

I bet all those thinking we were top 4 might want to reconsider.

We played well but not good enough against what was an almost brand new team in their first run, to be honest that should have been an easy win!

We then played a team that at best is a shambles , and absolutely whacked them, this has not proven that we are “ the next best thing”.

And then our first real test against a desperate team who had lost their two first games AND we just failed to turn up at all, full stop!

It might turn around but I’m thinking the pundits who picked us to run 12th-14th might be closer to being right than we all thought.

Now we face an absolute desperate Raiders , beaten last year twice by us in GP, if they think this is another romp in the park I can tell them it won’t be.

I bet all those thinking we were top 4 might want to reconsider.

We played well but not good enough against what was an almost brand new team in their first run, to be honest that should have been an easy win!

We then played a team that at best is a shambles , and absolutely whacked them, this has not proven that we are “ the next best thing”.

And then our first real test against a desperate team who had lost their two first games AND we just failed to turn up at all, full stop!

It might turn around but I’m thinking the pundits who picked us to run 12th-14th might be closer to being right than we all thought.

Now we face an absolute desperate Raiders , beaten last year twice by us in GP, if they think this is another romp in the park I can tell them it won’t be.

Raiders will be desperate as. A little more luck in each game this season and they would have been sitting pretty at 3 wins and 0 losses. And like you say, they'd have it in for us after those GP losses last year. We are in for a tough one next weekend

I still think we are a top 8 team though. Just didn't turn up yesterday

The Raiders might be desperate next week but so will we...Hopefully, we've had the complacency knocked out of us and at least we are back at Brookie next week.
Should be a cracker of a game.

Taking nothing away from our spirited win, the Raiders played very ordinary footy and did not put us to any big test .It was a win that we needed and it came at a cost with injuries .
Adversity can be a good thing though . In times of adversity we discover who we are and what we are made of . Out of adversity comes opportunity for other players to step up and shape up . Adversity can bring teams closer together competing with more focus and determination .
The win against the raiders should give us a confidence boost for our next game but then again I thought the same with the massive win against the eels .
It is not about what the fans and journalists think what will happen next game it is all about the mindset , character and capabilities of the players that will determine next weeks out come .
After 4 rounds what is our team really capable of ?
The game against the Titans will be a great opportunity for our new look team to challenge them selves and discover their potential .
untitled.png

Last edited:

The 'spirit' of it is certainly correct but he actually says (to his whiny son):

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Or in full....

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

So, not having a go at you Mr @BOZO , just whomever typed the quote.
Funnily enough I saw the movie on tv 2 days ago... flicked it over and it was that exact scene.

But - Your (and the quotes) sentiment is correct. :) Hope all is well.

The 'spirit' of it is certainly correct but he actually says (to his whiny son):

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Or in full....

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!”

So, not having a go at you Mr @BOZO , just whomever typed the quote.
Funnily enough I saw the movie on tv 2 days ago... flicked it over and it was that exact scene.

But - Your (and the quotes) sentiment is correct. :) Hope all is well.
All good GE . I didn't take it as you were having a go , I asked the question because I just wanted to know that's all :)
I see it this way . We have been hit hard with injuries and winning is about how hard you get hit and still keep moving forward and keep winning .
I know Rocky is a fictional character but coaches have used this movie as a motivational aid to inspire their team .

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8