All NRL Games [Round 14, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Damien2812

Bencher
I thought after the tigers cleaned out Pascoe, Hangipantelis, and Sheens that we could see some improvement, but boy was I wrong. Who knows what the Tigers need to do to be competitive. 🤭

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Benji is protected from criticism on his coaching by the news corp side of the media, he would have to be under some heat though at the Tigers with the board surely.

Was a big call putting him in charge after the spoon last year..

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When Freddy interviewed Suli in the sheds after the game, he commented about how fit he looks. Interesting reply from Suli that he "came back (from the off-season) overweight and Flano told him to lose weight and train hard or ship out" (or words to that effect).

Amazing how Flano's words worked, Suli disciplined himself and he's never looked fitter. Pity Schu didn't follow the same path.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
When Freddy interviewed Suli in the sheds after the game, he commented about how fit he looks. Interesting reply from Suli that he "came back (from the off-season) overweight and Flano told him to lose weight and train hard or ship out" (or words to that effect).

Amazing how Flano's words worked, Suli disciplined himself and he's never looked fitter. Pity Schu didn't follow the same path.
Are you bagging Schu or Seibold?
Because Schu has been shipped out ...

Smokin Joe

Bencher
I thought Tigers looked good early.
Stupid,constant handling mistakes killed them when they had the Dragons screwed.
They were in it until 50 minutes,the Dragons are a myth,they should have been put away by the Tigers(or anyone)in the first half.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Alaimalo,the rugby winger in his first season for Tigers is a worthwhile target.
He is off contract and a weapon in attack and defence in the air.
Makes excellent decisions in defense and will hit.
Needs to work on taking the hard yards and some rules(a little),but looks a natural for a guy who never played league before this year.

Eagle 1

First Grader
I thought Tigers looked good early.
Stupid,constant handling mistakes killed them when they had the Dragons screwed.
They were in it until 50 minutes,the Dragons are a myth,they should have been put away by the Tigers(or anyone)in the first half.
Agree, they wont get this sort of latitude from us. Tigers threw in the towel pretty quickly in the 2nd half. Flanno knows it'll be a totally different game at Brookie on Sunday week.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Other than the fact that he copped flack for going on holiday to Fiji during the Tigpies bye round ... when does Benji's job as coach start to come under pressure??

11 games, 2 wins and 10 losses ... 9 of them in a row. Even Barrett's rookie season read better, though admittedly he had better players (including Api.....nice little factoid).
Apparently Benji said he needed the break for his mental health. What about the mental health of the long suffering Tigpies supporters...lol.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Early in the season fox on 360 were giving it to benji about his late starts because he liked to play gold a couple of mornings a week for the mental relax

Then they stopped, he lost 9 in a row . Paul Kent was pretty dark on him, and well maybe they play golf together now

Benji looks to have plenty of mates in and around the media. When he worked in the media he was pretty poor at taking constructive criticism

Despite immense skills Over rated as a player, not much without scott prince

Matured a bit as a game manager at souths though .

Given the coaching job was was wildly ambitious, while they recruit some decent players, the whole club just looks semi professional that lacks serious ethic

Also not sure who this dragons centre moses suli is, but we should recruit him, he is a gun. Its no surprise he has found himself in a team that is starting to reek of ethic.

Top to bottom, no weak links

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Good to see Suli get in shape but I wouldnt say gun. He is playing well enough though.

I'd have both Koula and Garrick ahead of him

Last edited:

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good to see Suli get in shape but I wouldnt say gun. He is playing well enough though.

I'd have both Koula and Garrick ahead of him
Fair call
I was mucking about a bit . I wake up chirpy. Also i do know who Moses Suli is

He has been running strongly fairy consistently though. Late bloomer maybe

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Spoon for sure for the Tigpies
Benjie Head coach pre game quote
Family comes first and football second and goes on a holiday with his family

Tigers players game day V Dragons
Family come first and football second as they get hammerd by 56 points to 14

The moral of the story
The tigers new culture under Benjie are the new Family come first club

Last edited:

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A NRL coach going on holiday mid season. What’s next? What message did that send to the squad? Not a very good one by the look of the score. I don’t rate him as a NRL coach.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Early in the season fox on 360 were giving it to benji about his late starts because he liked to play gold a couple of mornings a week for the mental relax

Then they stopped, he lost 9 in a row . Paul Kent was pretty dark on him, and well maybe they play golf together now

Benji looks to have plenty of mates in and around the media. When he worked in the media he was pretty poor at taking constructive criticism

Despite immense skills Over rated as a player, not much without scott prince

Matured a bit as a game manager at souths though .

Given the coaching job was was wildly ambitious, while they recruit some decent players, the whole club just looks semi professional that lacks serious ethic

Also not sure who this dragons centre moses suli is, but we should recruit him, he is a gun. Its no surprise he has found himself in a team that is starting to reek of ethic.

Top to bottom, no weak links
They reek a little of old spice.....

Eagle 1

First Grader
A NRL coach going on holiday mid season. What’s next? What message did that send to the squad? Not a very good one by the look of the score. I don’t rate him as a NRL coach.
I'd put Robbie Farar as coach, couldn't do any worse than P plater Benji.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
12th with a bullet by Sunday night. Wonder what this week's excuses will be from the wordsmith.
Maybe.

You say pretty much the same thing every week though and this season right about 50% of the time.

Win and we could be 6th and a point off third.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Also as an aside, I find people get too fixated on ladder position this time of year, especially when the comp is close as it is.

If things dont go our way this week (requiring Knights, Dogs and Cowboys to win, all of which I'm tipping against) we could indeed be 12th, which sounds dramatic.

But the reality is if that was to be the case we would still be a single point off the team coning 7th.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
14 7 7 37 18